SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old February 22, 2007, 03:41 PM
Lawrence

Default "The Secret" via Oprah Winfrey & actor Jim Carey

Within the past two weeks, Oprah Winfrey had two of her programs about "The Secret". Her panel of guests included those who teach it now along with Jack Canfield - co-author of the "Chicken Soup for the Soul" series.

Techniques were discussed and people who said it worked for them gave their stories.

One main ingedient is appreciation in general and for all experiences that made you who are today. It was said that "all past experiences will contribute to the you, you want to be".

Visulization of what you want and sending your order to the universe - with full intention and expectation of getting it brings the necessary happenings (tools) into your life for full realization.

The actor Jim Carey was on a TV program this morning and talked about "The Secret". He said he's been using the principles since they were mentioned by an early grade teacher.

His grand application has been well known for some time now.

Before he was famous, he visualized having $10,000,000 by a certain date. He sent his order to the universe in the form a a check that he made out to himself for the $10 million with a date on it several years ahead.

Six months before the date on the check, he received $10,000,000 for starring in a movie!

I've used the principles for quite a while now and have seen the almost magical results.

I'm working on a grand project right now that needed skills and other components I didn't know how or where to get. They come to me, as if by magic - one by one like they're being handed down at the exact time I need them.

When I tell people about specific things I've experienced in relation to "The Secret", I get a look of "Tell me another fairytale".

Like anything else, you need to experience this for yourself...........

Lawrence
Old February 25, 2007, 08:55 AM
SteveSki

Default Oprah & Jim Carey both claim to use the secret - What the hell would they know?

Hi Lawrence, You're right! You've got to experience this for yourself before it's easy to believe. Remember several years ago when I asked you if you had read The Science of Getting Rich and you sent me to the SOGR forum? Well, talk about the Law of Attraction... I was a free man until then - so it's all your fault Lawrence that I now have something to be really, really grateful for!!!

Since that time my life has changed in so many wonderful ways I can't even begin to tell you!

Before I read that book I was in the habit of always looking at what I thought I lacked. In reality everything I wanted was already there - waiting for me to be ready to receive it. It's the feeling of gratitude that is the real key to attracting whatever you want into your life.

You have to begin by being grateful for what you already have no matter how much or how little that may be. If you can't appreciate and feel grateful for your life in "The Present" you won't feel it in some imaginary future.

And you're right, the other thing we need to do is 'expect' success in everything that we do - there is no question of failure - just 'zeroed in focus'.

Anyway that's how I see things.

Cheers

Steve Shulenski
Old February 26, 2007, 11:43 AM
Lawrence

Default "The Secret links"

Steve,

Until you think about it, everything that happens is due to connections. It's how you link "this to that" and with just one missed connection, the outcome could be totally differnent. In you your case, it sent you to the other side of the world and I'm glad I was the one connection in that life-changing chain for you. You sound very happy with it all.

Linking is what the Internet is all about. One otherwise unclicked link can send you off into a new life-changing direction.

I often reflect on how different my life could have been if just one thing that happened to link to another just didn't happen. This holds true for everyone.

The "Secret" affords you a major role in the manifestation of all you want and then provides the right links at the right times for that realization.

I think about how I developed curb addressing into such a big thing. I used to do that for a Children's Hospital fundraiser in Denver and how it was such a struggle.

Years later, when I moved to a suburb of Seattle, I noticed many new developments that needed more visible addresses and remember asking myself: "How can I make this curb thing really produce big time?"

Less than a week later, a friend (who knew nothing of my question) asked me if I had seen the new billboard in front of a local Fire dept. that urged people to have reflective addresses in case of emergency at night.

I never travel that road, but that was exactly what I needed to hear. I contacted that Fire Dept. and asked if they wanted help with their campaign and they said "YES". I said I needed a photo of their billboard with a Fire Truck parked in the background and they obliged.

That was all I needed to to develop a way to end up doing over 5000 addresses through fliers, homeowner association contracts and write-ups in their newsletters along with articles in local newspapers - all with full Fire Dept. support.

My addressing program has help many others earn good money and "Address America" reps do more business.

The "secret" had come to my aid again within the past year by helping me develop a unique system that shows dentists how to get and retain new patients with little or no effort with greatly increased profits.

I've learned what they needed most and was guided to developing it and much more in that arena. I know more about the business side of dentistry than most dentists do. And, I have combined that with very effective marketing that works well when they just say and ask different things.

Talk to me now and you think you're talking to a dentist who "gets it".

Anyway, there's no doubt the "secret" works, it's just more effective when you're aware of it and change things ever so slightly for unbelieveable results!

Lawrence
Old February 26, 2007, 12:29 PM
James Anthony

Default Sure, it works, but not like most people have been led to believe...

As I've mentioned here before, I think "The Secret" is a lot of fluff and is just putting a new twist on something that can be easily explained.

There are no "universal laws" that make this work.

It has nothing to do with "attraction" We don't attract anything.

We don't put out vibrations that "attract" similar magnetic vibrations.

I hate listening to this "secret" and having people talk about "scientific proof" associated with the theory. There is none.

What we DO have scientific proof of, is how the human brain functions and we understand many things about how it functions at the conscious and the subconscious level.

"Manifestation" can and does happen all the time but only with things that we have total control over and nothing that requires us to "attract" anything into our lives.

Lawrence - Your example of your friend telling you about the FD sign....

There was nothing you or your friend could have done to "attract" that meeting and conversation. It just happened.

Coincidentally, it happened at a time when you had already "programed" your subconscious mind, through your conscious thoughts, to pick up and recognize the opportunity there.

Had you not already been thinking about it, the meeting with your friend would have still happened. You just wouldn't have seen the opportunity there. Nothing "attracted" anything here.

Same thing with Steve. I'm sure that he had the image of the perfect woman already in his head at the subconscious level and understood exactly who she would be.

When their "chance" meeting occurred, it became obvious to him that she was the one because he had already programmed his brain for her.

The human mind is the most powerful force on the planet. We can make it do anything we want it to do and make it believe anything we want it to believe.

When we have clear, consistent thoughts at the conscious level, our subconscious picks up on those thoughts and they become our reality. It drives us into whatever direction we need to go.

Did that make any sense at all? It confused the hell out of me when I reread it :-)

Jim
Old February 26, 2007, 01:40 PM
Lawrence

Default Jim, you just explained the secret to the "Secret"

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Anthony View Post

As I've mentioned here before, I think "The Secret" is a lot of fluff and is just putting a new twist on something that can be easily explained.

The human mind is the most powerful force on the planet. We can make it do anything we want it to do and make it believe anything we want it to believe.

When we have clear, consistent thoughts at the conscious level, our subconscious picks up on those thoughts and they become our reality. It drives us into whatever direction we need to go.

Did that make any sense at all? It confused the hell out of me when I reread it :-)

Jim

Jim,

You obviously "get it".

We're so close that I can see you on the same page.

You talk about the human mind and subconcsious and that is the "Secret".

The subconscious mind is a conduit to attract anything you have dominant thoughts about.

It's how you frame your thoughts and put your order out to the universe.

You've experienced that yourself and is why you're succesful and will be even more so.

Control your dominant thoughts - think in specific details and the tools, situations and conections to bring them forth will happen. Frame it in the positive and present and don't forget to add gratitude for all you have and have accomplished - even for the failures that teach so much and have made you who you are now.

To program your subconscious and fully expect to receive --- is "the secret".

You're absolutely right; it's nothing new, but has been re-packaged.

Lawrence
Old February 26, 2007, 08:38 PM
Don Alm

Default Anyone here remember, "EST"?

Back in the good ol' 80's, some folks put together a similar concept AND "Movement" called...."EST".

It was stuff based upon Biblical Scriptures, only they removed any references to "God" or "Jesus".

At that time...."EST" was sweeping the "Liberal Elitists", "Ageing Hippies"and the "Zen Buddhist culture" and "Existentialists"....of the 60's.

All it was was a lot of scriptural references from the BIBLE (Look away Heathens! THIS "word" will scald you!).....with the removal of "THE Author")

Next door to our Antique Shoppe (in the suburbs of Aspen, CO) was a "Gift Shop" that had LOTS OF....."CRYSTALS".

Using these "Crystals" AND their book of "EST"....you could go to your "secret-place"....recite these words (again, taken from the BIBLE)....hold and RUB your "Crystals"....and "wonderful, miraculous things would come about by the "re-aligning of YOUR Spiritual INFLUX".

It was all "Hogwash" and a way for some of the instigators to "grab bux from the "great Unwashed" and totally MISinformed MISfits of society in those days. Same for NOW. A Way for "UN and MIS" informed...."lost souls" looking for an "easy answer" as to WHY WERE THEY BORN!

Ya wanna find out some TRUTH about "WHO" you are....and...."WHY" you were created and "WHAT" are YOU doing HERE....get a copy of the book...

..... "The Purpose Driven Life"!

I DARE YOU to read it!

And find out the REAL ANSWERS to the above questions.

Don Alm
Old February 27, 2007, 12:44 AM
MichaelRoss

Default Re: "The Secret" via Oprah Winfrey & actor Jim Carey

Mark:

Thanks for posting.

I know why we're here, what we're doing here. And it doesn't take a book to reveal it.

Unfortunately, religious people cannot accept the answer. Because it doesn't fit in with their gospel. For instance, a Christian could be told the answer but would deny it, while similtaneously believing a Rabbi named Yeshua Ben Yosef - who they rename to Jesus, without even know they are calling him by the wrong name - died then came back to life days later then floated up to a mystical place they call Heaven, as well as claiming the same Yeshua performed actions which defied all laws of science and physics without any trickery and they only have someone else's word that this happened. In other words, they believe the most outlandish fantasy story while dismissing reality - a person who does that cannot be told anything that will make sense to them because it doesn't fit their delusion.

Michael Ross
Old March 1, 2007, 08:57 AM
Kbayer

Default Re: "The Secret" via Oprah Winfrey & actor Jim Carey

Michael,
I've always enjoyed your posts, but when it comes to sensitive areas such as this, areas that start crossing boundaries of other's religous understandings or beliefs, maybe it would be best to preface your posts regarding these issues with "in my opinion", or "based on what I've heard or read"...
Who knows what "THE TRUTH" really is? there's been a billion teachers before us and will probably be a billion more after us.
To insinuate that some peope's understanding's or beliefs are "delusional" sort of implies that you know the truth and "they" do not. "In my opinion", the word "delusional" carries a negative slant that can be taken in offense, and though this is a very interesting topic to me, it seems to be on the verge of stepping outside the scope of why this forum is here in the first place.
Ken
Old March 1, 2007, 07:50 PM
mtran2000

Default Ken is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbayer View Post
Michael,
I've always enjoyed your posts, but when it comes to sensitive areas such as this, areas that start crossing boundaries of other's religous understandings or beliefs, maybe it would be best to preface your posts regarding these issues with "in my opinion", or "based on what I've heard or read"...
Who knows what "THE TRUTH" really is? there's been a billion teachers before us and will probably be a billion more after us.
To insinuate that some peope's understanding's or beliefs are "delusional" sort of implies that you know the truth and "they" do not. "In my opinion", the word "delusional" carries a negative slant that can be taken in offense, and though this is a very interesting topic to me, it seems to be on the verge of stepping outside the scope of why this forum is here in the first place.
Ken

Everyone has an opinion but there is no clear cut answer and religious choice and beliefs does not make a person delusional
Mark
Old March 2, 2007, 03:09 AM
MichaelRoss

Default Re: Ken is right

Mark,

Thanks for your post.

Quote:
Everyone has an opinion

Correct. Even if it is based on misleading, false or No information. The question is, can you - do you have the ability - to change your opinion in light of new information or thoughts? Or are you (and when I say "you" I mean the generic You, as in everyone) rigid in your opinion clinging to it like grim death?

Quote:
there is no clear cut answer

Incorrect. There are plenty of clear cut answers. But none for those who refuse to accept them when given.

Quote:
religious choice and beliefs does not make a person delusional

Incorrect. If the belief is a delusion the person is delusional. To deny such is to deny all reality and would see us willingly accept the most crazy made up things as not delusional. We would accept such insanity as, Bush is really a reptilian shape-shifter who has, on ocassion, shape-shifted into his true reptile form and eaten live babies and done so in the oval office and - Al Gore is being controlled by Aliens who would like the world to enter another ice age so they can flourish.

Michael Ross