SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 21, 2019, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Default Let us discuss a word: Proprietary.

Relating to an owner or ownership.

Is what Dictionary says about the word.

One of our favorite examples here at SOW is Harvey Brody's ZOOM SPOUT OILER, now with over 55 years of continuous sales, over an estimated 100 MILLION units sold.

WOWZA.

OWNERS rule. They rock n roll...all the way to the bank.

Many moons ago, I wrote about TINY the tow truck driver, the Vietnam vet who started with one truck working for someone else, took over a business, and became the OWNER by simply signing an agreement, no money out of his pocket,

He paid for his ownership via the profits of his business, and it is NOT an unusual arrangement.

Today, right now, the world over, more and more of the Baby Boomers and older are retiring, selling their PROPRIETARY positions on a wide variety of products and services.

I'm keeping an eye on DISNEY, and what it is going to do, and how it will impact STREAMING in the near future.

Today, we almost attacked a country, and in this WAG THE DOG era of fake video and deep fake "news", we better be careful who we give the power too, eh?

So some REAL NEWS. Today, right now, you can put yourself into an ownership position via some old world wheeling and dealing. It seems like over a decade ago we had some heavy discussion.

I think it is time to reexamine the subject. Dien and I like the idea of a TOLL POSITION, of ownership.

When Dien visited Erie, PA (GreenTree Press) and we laid out all those Harvey Brody courses and dozens of other things I had brought with me, it was amazing to see the central theme of

PROPRIETARY

of OWNERSHIP being the central thread that wove through the fabric of established businesses.

We have embraced the concept, both Dien and I have done our own things, and have worked with others too, and now we come full circle, back around to a central concept of Seeds Of Wisdom forum,

We plant seeds of wisdom, for harvests of happiness.

Today's seed, picked from the fruit of our now almost 20 year old tree of life, is OWNERSHIP.

And the one great idea YOU should think about is....

HOW can you quickly, easily, and without expense get into an OWNER'S position and have a TOLL set up and running, and HOW, many times, you can do it via acquisition without wasting time or energy or money.

The floor is open for discussion.

Gordon