SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 22, 2021, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Default A word about lottery.

No secret I'm a lottery player, took my report off market though because I didn't want to be a "name" in the biz like Gail Howard, Ken Silver or Steve Player.

Who else remembers when Ken Silver was a forums presence selling How to Sell Information products, think I bought that course in the 1990's, anyhow...

So, on April 10, midday the numbers 494 came up, we had a field day on that one, I was the low winner (1100 dollars) but one guy had 5 tickets. I played it wheeled for a dollar X 2 plays and had a dollar on front and back pairs. I spent 12 bux for that draw. So a pretty decent ROI.

As hobbies go, it pays pretty well...thing being, I don't have gambler's blood...those guys want to win big. I'm a small potatoes player, like I am in business. I prefer to fly low and collect the dough.

Our newest offline venture begins in May, helping LOCAL businesses bring in customers. I expect that to be a very part time gig with big returns. I'm using a drop off flyer to businesses, probably do some myself and either my kid or a friend to drop off the flyer...NO selling.

They either want what I offer, or NOT. If the test gets too sloppy (too much time) then I may PAY for it being handled by someone else. My only job is to get the flyer into the hands of a business.

IF, systems allow, and I can CONTROL the thing with minimum time and effort, then it will be good for me and the community.

The reason I mention lottery is...I'm using a Glenn Osborn/Gary Halbert technique of attaching a scratch off lottery ticket with the flyer as an attention getter with a headline, something like:

YOUR BUSINESS DOESN'T NEED LUCK, IT NEEDS CUSTOMERS.

The dice game as a new product came out of brainstorming something entirely unrelated, as it happens now and again. So, on paper, I can test several ideas in MAY, and do it on the Lottery's dime to boot...and maybe I get a winner.

Gordon
Old April 25, 2021, 09:00 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Ken Silver... that's a name from the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
No secret I'm a lottery player, took my report off market though because I didn't want to be a "name" in the biz like Gail Howard, Ken Silver or Steve Player.

Who else remembers when Ken Silver was a forums presence selling How to Sell Information products, think I bought that course in the 1990's, anyhow...
Hi Gordon,

Wow, Ken Silver, that's a name from the past!

Because I only looked at a small part of what he did, I had no idea he was still so active today!

I remember he had a self-publishing forum back in the day (late 1990s?)... Which was more my interest...

It was a pretty good place, with some good info...

(Like most of those forums, it's long gone... Sowpub is the longest-still-running general business forum around, as far as I can tell...)

I had no idea Ken was so big in the "lottery" scene...

I did a search, and found this post Ken wrote 13 years ago, which I thought was pretty good... Still holds up today (pretty much)!

How I Use Checklists To Run My Business
https://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...html#post44030

With running most businesses - there are repetitive things that need to be done daily, weekly, or monthly... These need to happen reliably for the business to keep chugging along and thriving...

I'm going to apply some of what he writes there - it's solid advice!

(I already use checklists for some things... and it works. I realize now, I need to do MORE of it!)

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. I use Google Sheets (which is Google's free online spreadsheet) to do my checklists...

It's easy to add "check boxes" in the "cells," which you can then easily check or uncheck, and Google Sheets will automatically save the "checked" or "unchecked" status...
Old April 25, 2021, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Arrow I wouldn't testify to this, but I think he came out of a Mail Order biz...

.Yea, I remember that. I thought his stuff on Info marketing was some of the best at the time, he obviously put his money where his mouth was, because he's been at it for over 20+ years. His lottery system is one of the more popular out there...and that being said...

there is NO lottery system which lets you beat the lottery, NOT as is hyped by those selling them.

Approached from a strictly "numbers" game (the MATHS)...it can be like trading in stocks, you look for performance. With numbers, over TIME, they level out, equalize, stay within a small %.

So 10 years will show less than a 10% differential between the number of times drawn, but in a 30 day period, with 60 draws, there will be HOT and COLD numbers, and approx 22-27% Double Digits (112 for example).

My "Geraldine" system sez,
"When you're HOT, you're HOT".

In Ohio, it takes roughly 100 days, or 200 draws to get 50 double digits, and with 10 years of tracking, those numbers will act like trained seals, not S.E.A.L.S, although losing can feel like one of the latter gave you a good AZZ whoppin.

So, as of today, day 114, if just starting to chart, then by around day 214, or near the first week of August, there will be around 50 double digits drawn, any that are not drawn in the first 25, then flip to hot or play, because history says they will.

Hey Dien, WHO else do you remember (besides ME) way back when giving out our seeds of wisdom to the 101 forums that were...now maybe 4? If that.

Of course guys like Corey Rudl, Dr. Mani, and many others, there was a site, which ranked these guys, like a stock market type thing, giving each one value based on something, the what, I was never sure of.

Funny thing (or not) many of the earlier fortunes were then invested into OFF LINE businesses, like hot dog carts, and all sorts of passive income stuff.

You will find many a NAME, in those old archives you have, probably a lot of them at the ___________ OK, the Dave Bancroft forum...top marketers there too.

Anyhow, now that my dice have finally arrived, I hope to have the new site ready by Wed, the 28.

Gordon "Dice Man" Alexander, never to be confused with Andrew
"Dice" (now "Nice" as designated by Howard Stern) Clay.

P.S. Checklists are great HOTSHEETS, and can be a good front end for an Automatic Product Vending site too. Maybe I'll post my APV checklist. Or maybe I won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Wow, Ken Silver, that's a name from the past!

Because I only looked at a small part of what he did, I had no idea he was still so active today!

I remember he had a self-publishing forum back in the day (late 1990s?)... Which was more my interest...

It was a pretty good place, with some good info...

(Like most of those forums, it's long gone... Sowpub is the longest-still-running general business forum around, as far as I can tell...)

I had no idea Ken was so big in the "lottery" scene...

I did a search, and found this post Ken wrote 13 years ago, which I thought was pretty good... Still holds up today (pretty much)!

How I Use Checklists To Run My Business
https://www.warriorforum.com/main-in...html#post44030

With running most businesses - there are repetitive things that need to be done daily, weekly, or monthly... These need to happen reliably for the business to keep chugging along and thriving...

I'm going to apply some of what he writes there - it's solid advice!

(I already use checklists for some things... and it works. I realize now, I need to do MORE of it!)

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. I use Google Sheets (which is Google's free online spreadsheet) to do my checklists...

It's easy to add "check boxes" in the "cells," which you can then easily check or uncheck, and Google Sheets will automatically save the "checked" or "unchecked" status...

Last edited by GordonJ : April 25, 2021 at 11:38 AM.