SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old August 7, 2014, 08:42 PM
Don Alm

Default Ya GOTTA see this!

Ok....I was one of the "starting members" of SowPub. I LOVED what Dien and Gordon put together here....a way for newbies and entroopeneers to interact. (I also remember "Mike from AUS) who chimed in)

And....as a guy who is STILL "out in the bushes" trying out new ideas AND, willing to SHARE successes.....I feel COMPELLED to reveal my latest money-maker at NO charge to SowPubers! WHY? Because I LOVE what Dien has put together here and....I'd like to help it become what it "used to be"!...AND....I love helping others!

Aside: Everything I have is....TOTALLY PAID FOR! My house, my rentals, my acreage, my vehicles....I OWE NOTHING TO NO MAN, BUT TO
LOVE HIM!

However....I have a son and a daughter who, due to some Unexpected happenings in their lives....recently found themselves in "financial doldrums". (Our other 3 sons are doing GREAT)....so....rather than grabbing my shears and prune roses for my wife, the rest of my days...
I'm getting back into action so I can show my kids HOW to take an idea and turn it into MOOLAH!

SO....my reason for posting today is because I just found a way to make GOOD MONEY from local businesses....with minimal investment....that
could turn into a nice Monthly Residual....forever!

Here's what I did; There's 2 guys who have made some great PLR Videos; Dave Cisneros and Nick Mancuso (Nick Mann)

I bought ALL of their PLR videos when they first came out.....because I know 2 things;
1) Small Biz owners want ONE thing.....More Business
2) Videos have become BIG

As an example....Google any local service (Plumber in your town, Roofing contractor your town)....up comes a lot of TEXT offering a Link to a
website. Then...Google "Thompson's Auto Stuff" and see what comes up.

Do you see that "Full Color Thumbnail" at the TOP of the page...above all that TEXT LINKS below?

Click the thumbnail and see what comes up.

A VIDEO telling viewers to CALL!

So....this is what I call "Foot in the Door" Marketing. I start out by making a video for a potential client (Thompson's was one of my first) and...upload it to YT and get it ranked On Page One....for the NAME of the bizness.

Now.....this kind of video is only a "starter" for SHOWING a potential client what I can do. My "Real" reason is to get this client to pay me for other stuff like "Ranking for "Keyword Name of Town"....where prospects can click on and call my client and....my client pays me a monthly residual.....forever!

Now...granted, I get the PLR Videos ranked for Bizness NAMES...without the client knowing. When the video is ranked on Page One (for their biz name) ...I send the biz an email or FaceBook Message that I have a video howing on Page One for their biz Name and....go take a look see.

Now....granted....some biz owners will NOT pay me for the video that is ranked on Page One of G for their Business NAME.....for a number of
reasons....however....I found a way to use those videos (and all the videos I get ranked on 1st page of G for Business Names) as a way to use
....... the "Power of GREED"!

Yup....in my sales career, whenever I've had a chance to appeal to the "Greed Glands" of my prospects....I found it WORKS like "GangBusters"

So....here's what I do to get OTHER businesses in the SAME NICHE...to pay for my Biz Name Video Ranking;
I send an email or Facebook Message to Competitors....in the same Niche as the Video that's now ranking on Page One. I provide a LInk to
the Competitor's Video....telling them I have a Video ranked on Page One for their competior's Business NAME and...would they also, like to
have a Video ranked for THEIR Busness Name!

Guess what! Yup....almost EVERY competing biz owner....when they see I've got their competitor's Thumbnail/Video ranked on Page One
(which is far easier to rank than "Keyword Town")....they BUY a Video for their biz....branded with their Name and Ranked on Page One for
THEIR NAME!

And I then offer UPsells.

Anyways...I'm getting long here so....I hope someone here can pick up on what I'm doing and can benefit from it.

Don Alm.....long-time entroopeneer
Old August 7, 2014, 11:21 PM
Robert J.

Default Re: Ya GOTTA see this!

Good stuff, Don!

You've mentioned this before, and it always piqued my interest. This time is no different!

Do you do this locally, or, because you are using email and FB to contact competitors, do you just target certain sweet spots that are not in your area?

Great to see you posting here!

You should take a look at the post that Ron left, too, by the way.
Old August 8, 2014, 12:49 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
Anyways...I'm getting long here so....I hope someone here can pick up on what I'm doing and can benefit from it.

Don Alm.....long-time entroopeneer
Hi Don,

Thanks for sharing that business idea... Definitely a "product" many people will pay for (and benefit from too). It's getting harder (so I'm told) to get high rankings on "G" - so if you can do it (like by using this method), that's a valuable thing!

By the way, I've been helping some small business owners in the "real world" - and one thing that amazes me is how many of them DON'T know the basics of marketing, believe it or not. Many of them need all the help they can get...

Sometimes, hanging out in places like this forum, you forget how many small businesses in the "real world" don't know much about how to market their business. They depend on "foot traffic" - and that's about it! They have a dream - open their doors - and then struggle...

(I've helped some small businesses with their websites, copywriting, publicity by writing media releases which have gotten them positive coverage in the newspapers, email marketing to their customer list... Which have all resulted in measurably more sales and real $$$, and in one case helped to "save" the business from going under and turn it around. And the deeper I get into this, the more I realize how much I can really do to help these small businesses get more customers... Sowpub has been a great "learning place" for all this!)

Thanks again, Don! I've learned a ton from your posts...!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old August 11, 2014, 07:51 PM
Don Alm

Hey Bob.....nope, I just choose a biz (that I have a PLR Video for)....brand it (using Windows Live Movie Maker) and rank it for THEIR BUSINESS...and whala....within a FEW MINUTES....the Video is on the TOP of Page 1 for their Biz name!

Talk about EGO!

And....with this there's NO "selling"...."I will do this for you for X$" Ferget it! IT'S ALREADY DONE! YA WANT IT OR DON'T YA?"

And....open my door to other BIG stuff because NOW I have their "TRUST" that I can do what I SAY I can do!

Don Alm.....continuing on with "Entroopeneer-ism"
Old August 11, 2014, 08:10 PM
Don Alm

Hey Dien...it STILL amazes me;
People have an Idea.....gather together their funds and....Go Fer It!.... renting a space....bringing in their "stuff"....and DON"T have a clue how to sell it!

Restaurants, Retail Shops, Service biz!

I asked an Auto Repair guy HOW is he going to get customers and his answer was....."Location!" "I paid TOP Rent" for a space on Main Street and THAT is ALL the "Marketing Stuff I need to know"!

Then....when I reminded him that the Auto Repair guy who had the location b4 him went BK....he responded with; "Ya...well....that was HIM! I'm different!"

Yeah Right!

Anyways....it sure keeps MY interest up trying to help Small Biz People

Don Alm......long-time entroopeener
Old August 11, 2014, 08:20 PM
Don Alm

Hey Dien.....you can't believe the "WOW-FACTOR" of ranking a Video for the NAME of a business!

When I get one of my PLR , 60 sec Vids (Branded...for the Biz I'm trying to get as a Paying Client).....ON Page One for "Their Biz Name".....they go "GA-Gaa!"

They DON"T CARE WHAT THE PRICE IS.....they GOTTA Have it!

However I don't go overboard and.....turning out to be a nice residual income thingee.

Don Alm
Old August 11, 2014, 09:42 PM
Robert J.

Don, do i understand correctly, you are ranking for their name, appealing ditrectly to their ego?

For example, ranking for 'Ted's Foreign Auto Repair.'

And not being concerned with ranking fir 'foreign car repair San Antonio.'

You got my attention! Thanks!
Old August 12, 2014, 10:38 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Make some moolah AND feel good about it too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
Hey Dien...it STILL amazes me;
People have an Idea.....gather together their funds and....Go Fer It!.... renting a space....bringing in their "stuff"....and DON"T have a clue how to sell it!

Restaurants, Retail Shops, Service biz!

I asked an Auto Repair guy HOW is he going to get customers and his answer was....."Location!" "I paid TOP Rent" for a space on Main Street and THAT is ALL the "Marketing Stuff I need to know"!

Then....when I reminded him that the Auto Repair guy who had the location b4 him went BK....he responded with; "Ya...well....that was HIM! I'm different!"

Yeah Right!

Anyways....it sure keeps MY interest up trying to help Small Biz People

Don Alm......long-time entroopeener
Hi Don,

It is interesting, what you say is incredibly true!

Hanging out in these kinds of forums (like this one)... The kind of people who hang out here are those who are always improving their knowhow, improving their skills, trying out new things... and getting better and better at what they do...

Whereas, MANY small businesses are just like the one you described. They sit on their hands, waiting for business to come to them. If business doesn't come... They stand, looking out the window, mentally trying to "will" people to come through the door...

The thing is, these people are often very nice people. When you have some marketing skills - even just the basics - you can help these people (and profit from it at the same time). It's win/win! You can make money, AND feel good about it, too!

Of course, you can make a good living doing just this. I've only done it a little (I have other income streams as well), but I still find it amazing. When you help a business, and it works, it's a little bit like having "magic powers"... One business owner is so grateful to me, whenever I meet him and he's with other people, he always introduces me as the guy who has essentially "saved" his business! (The praise he lavishes me with in front of others can be a little embarrassing sometimes!)

- Dien
Old August 13, 2014, 02:03 PM
Don Alm

You got it!

MOST biz owners have been bombarded by..."I CAN DO THIS FOR YOU!" "I CAN DO THAT FOR YOU!"...etc What I do is...."IT'S ALREADY DONE FOR YOU! TAKE A LOOK AND SEE IF YOU WANT TO KEEP IT!"

Google...."Thompson's Auto Stuff" and see what comes up!

Now.....this is just a "Foot in the Door" thingee. Sure, some biz owners, when seeing THEIR Business on Page One, for their biz name, will say; "Hey! Who gave you permission to do this?"

I simply respond with, "Yup! It appears you do NOT want your business to be on Page One for your business name so whenever any prospective customer/client/ patient wants to "see who you are and what you do"....they will NOT see a full color Thumbnail prompting them to click on YOUR Video .....bypassing all the other "Text-Listings" so you do NOT "standout" among your competitors! I will take your Video down in the morning!:

Guess how many of these send me an email OR....Phone me to say; "DON'T TAKE IT DOWN!"

(I now charge $497 for PLR Videos branded with their Logo & Contact Info PLUS....and an extra $300 for ranking the video on Page One for their Biz Name)

So....again, this is just an Intro to my services. What I really want to do is, PROVE to them that I CAN do "this kinda stuff" and..when I rank a video for "Keyword Town" and start sending them "PHONE CALLS" from HOT LEADS (my Up Grade by Ranking them for their NICHE....ex: "Toledo Carpet Cleaner").....and (using CallFire for my Call monitoring)....I can SEE how many calls they're getting AND.....I then determine what I'm going to charge for sending them HOT LEADS every month.

I charge a MINIMUM of $97/mo (for Lawn Mower services) up to $497/mo for "Assisted Living" clients! (and more)

Note: Assisted Living facilities charge a MIN of $2,500/mo for each "patient" so.....would they "risk" 500 bux a mo with me to get a client who pays them $2,500/mo.....you betcha! In fact....these type of biz will pay $1,000/mo...and MORE!

So....you don't have to fart around with "Lawn Mowing" clients (although that's where I started)....get some experience with them THEN.....GO FOR THE GUSTO and get $1,000/mo clients!

How many $1,000/mo clients would YOU need to make you and your family happy? Ten?.....20? 20 x $1,000/mo = $20,000/mo.....$240,000 A YEAR!

Just for setting up a Thumbnail that MAKES people Googling "Assisted Living City" where all the "WORK" you need to do is get the Thumbnail on 1st Page of G (for the Keyword).....and toss a few backlinks to it every month...which you can do on you IPhone while you're cruising the Bahamas in your yacht!
Anyways.....there's a guy named "Derrel Eves" who now has a chain of 200 Assisted Living facilities paying him a Fortune every month.

Don Alm......going for the Gusto
Old August 13, 2014, 02:39 PM
Don Alm

Ya...Dien....I can't believe, in THIS day, why small biz owners do NOT understand "marketing" or have even given any thought to HOW to get customers/clients/ patients!

They simply think the "old" program of "Build-It-And-They-Will-Come"!

Hogwash! When my wife and I started up our Antique Shoppe.....I did NOT want to spend a bundle on Newpaper or Radio ads. I found ways (like Joe Cossman....ya gotta read a copy of his book "How To Make a Million in MailOrder") to get "FREE" write-ups and publicity.

And....we collected each customers "Email or Address".....to build a Customer List to contact later.

I also did my "Browser Bucks" and "Bee-Back" cards and other promos.
A Mexican Restaurant opened in my town last year. GREAT food. I "sold" him on "collecting Cell Phone Numbers" from his diners by placing a Tent-Card with a QR Code that said, "Scan Here for 1 Discount on your Bill"

So.....diners would pull out their phones, scan the code and show the cashier the code and get their discount. Thus.....he started collecting a "Diner-List" that....if he wanted to get a Spurge of Diners....he'd send a Text offering something special and....that would FILL THE SEATS!

Anyways.....there will ALWAYS BE ROOM for guys like me who can help biz owners get more biz!

Don Alm.....still at IT