SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 18, 2019, 11:32 AM
Administrator

Default Who wants to make $500.00 next week? The best Biz-Op since headlight cleaning.

It has been a few years since I did the HEADLIGHT CLEANING manual with Bud Riggs. The quick version is, Bud was making about 400 bux a week working about 10 hours a week, at a car wash, cleaning headlights. I went to Carlsbad, N.M. and spent a couple of months on his 200 acre desert paradise.

We created the headlight cleaning manual based on what Bud was ACTUALLY doing. Not a drop of theory. All steps verified, videotaped and assembled.

There are lots of so-called Biz-Ops online, you can't swing a live cat without knocking down several of the HOTTEST ones, like the Digital Agency, or the Facebook Ads, or pick your own.

Most of these are BLAH, blah, blah to me. I want to see results which can be duplicated. I look for people actually out there, in the trenches, doing what they say they are doing and not just selling some idea or manual. Sure, nothing wrong with selling information on businesses, we do it here.

But it is rare to find someone DOING something and having success, that is, SUSTAINED success over a long period of time. By the time I went out to Carlsbad, Bud had been cleaning headlights for a couple of years.

That, to me, is proof of concept. So, recently I asked a couple of Gurus, some of them being touted at the WF, how long it took them to make their first 500 bux and at what cost.

Most ignored me. Truth is, you can't start a Digital Agency for nothing and put 500 bux in your pocket next week.

If you have done so, please prove me wrong, fair enough?

Now some proof.

Years and years ago I was having beautiful wooden restaurant daily special menu boards created and I sold ads on them. It was profitable, until it wasn't. So I moved on.

TODAY, RIGHT NOW, there is a guy in Rochester, N.Y. who is giving away FREE chalk boards to restaurants and making a living DOING it by selling advertising.

Here are pics of just two of his boards, done in the last couple of months.

And.

The guy doing it is old friend of the forum, Steve DiMarco. Steve and I collaborated several years ago on the Absentee Cash Cow report, when Steve was in the nut business. Even back then, he was a print broker, and was offering postcards, specialty items, and doing business.

He is a postcard and a Co-op Advertising expert. Here is a pic of the work he has done this past year.

Notice the wide variety of projects, from single advertiser post card, to pizza menus, to co-op cards, etc.

He could coach you on how to do any of them. But, he advises TODAY, April 18, 2019 if you want to make some fast cash...

FAST BEING 500 BUX IN A WEEK...if that isn't fast for you, never mind...

Steve advises you cash in on the hottest old trend, CHALK boards in restaurants. These light weight chalk boards are easy to display and with only 3 or 4 advertisers on them, quick to do. The fastest chalk board he has done took less than a single morning (but he admits to getting lucky because the restaurant handed him the advertisers on a silver platter).

But working only a few hours a morning, Steve feels anyone can do at least one per week. But he is, like Bud Riggs was, a tad on the old and lazy side of life. HA!

Sure, he still does the 9x12 giant postcards, and menus, and whatever people want, as well as doing some specialty printing jobs. He's got customers from the past two decades.

But after his morning success of GIVING AWAY A FREE CHALK board, and getting some very quick results, he is now concentrating his time on doing this.

Consider an advertiser who might pay 395.00 to be on a 9X12 EDDM postcard mailing of 5000 cards along with 13 other advertisers...don't you think that same advertiser would be interested in being in a popular restaurant for the NEXT YEAR, and be seen over and over and over again?

Of course he would. Wouldn't you?

I talked to Steve this morning, and he is reluctant to take on too many people who need coaching. He's busy DOING it himself. So I told him I would be sure to put up some DISCOURAGING words for the many IM wannabees.

IF you want to sit at a computer all day. NOT FOR YOU.
IF you want to sell ads by email. NOT FOR YOU.
IF you are afraid of people, afraid to leave the house. NOT FOR YOU.
IF you are afraid to walk into a restaurant and offer a FREE chalk board...NOT FOR YOU.

This is a SIMPLE business, albeit, not easy...it isn't easy BECAUSE so many people are terrified with the idea of selling, of calling on businesses, or have such low self esteem they can't deal. For you it would be HARD, TERRIBLY hard.

But. For some of you. Maybe. If you can follow directions, follow the scripts, make adjustments for your areas, are not afraid of people or the idea of selling doesn't make you crap your pants. Then this COULD be for you.

If you're still interested, then read the follow-up. If not, have a nice day, OK?

GordonJ

Last edited by GordonJ : April 18, 2019 at 12:03 PM.