SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 31, 2011, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Default He has no legs...yet, he isn't afraid of working.

His name is Mike. He lost his legs to diabetes. He is well known here in Carlsbad, NM.

If I can get his permission in the next few days, I'll post pics and/or video.

Boz offered him a job cleaning headlights, and he wants to do it, but he is just too busy right now...

WORKING...

He rakes leaves, takes big trash cans to the curb on trash days (he has a route about a mile long on the main street)...
He cleans, does odd jobs...

He gets around and he WORKS. He makes about 15 bux an hour in cash. It isn't making him rich by any means, but he isn't dependent on anyone either.

He puts many of us to shame. I've heard so many excuses in the last few years, I have a hard time talking to or even reading some posts here...from what I can safely call LAZY Azzes.

But wait, don't send me email...because I dont want to hear it.

BUT wait some more, I'd say at this forum, it is the 80/20 rule...only 20% of our visitors fit into this category.

Some BIG Whoop forums, I'd guess 95% fit the bill...looking for some easy online BullStuff to make money by sitting at home staring at the computer screen. Sure, some Internet Marketers make their living doing that, but, I'd bet for every one that does, there are 1000 who just spend money on the next greatest special offer...guaranteed to generate 15,000 a month...

And here is "poor Mike" with no legs, tooling around town in his electric wheelchair willing to do what so many won't...WORK.

I find it refreshing and inspirational. I hope not to ever find out what it is like to lose your legs which is why I'm fighting my diabetes with a vengence...

BUT, when you see someone like Mike WORKING day in and day out...well I think of Mark S. in Cuyahoga Falls, who got laid off from the big electric comany in town 7 years ago...and spends his days watching movies and whining about not being able to find a job...

He's waiting for someone to knock on his door and make him an offer he can't refuse.

I have very little respect for the IDEA guys....who are Calculator Millionaires, always looking, trying to find the right scheme, always posting their time wasting ideas...

Not that your ideas aren't appreciated, they are...at least to the 80% of the DOERs here.

But for tears in a bucket, some of you should quit posting and actually TRY some of ideas out...

Seeing Mike and the little Developmentally Disabled girl stocking shelves in the Dollar General...seeing those with LESS doing MORE than some of us seeking the silver bullet answer...

Well, it makes me want to do a little bit more and be grateful for the things I have, like my legs...and so it stops me from WHINING so much, like a few (a very few) have become. Get off your Azz and Do Something...cause guys like Mike have no choice but to sit on their Azzes...and they are more productive, more alive and making more contribution to society than you brillant idea guys.

End of RANT on a very few visitors and posters to the forum. If it stings just a little, then yea, Í'm talking to you.

Gordon Jay Alexander