SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old January 11, 2019, 09:17 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default ASMR videos...

There's a kind-of new style of video... Called ASMR videos.

ASMR stands for "autonomous sensory meridian response"...

In short, listening to the video can give you "tingles" down your spine... And a kind of mild euphoria...

Some scientists think that the "good feeling" you get could be related to the good feeling that apes get when they groom each other!

People are making these videos, and monetizing them on YouTube... Just thought I'd point it out! In case it gives anyone any inspiration...

Just go to YouTube, and type in "ASMR"... Or click on the following...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=asmr

Best wishes,

Dien
Old January 11, 2019, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Default Re: ASMR videos...a MISOPHONIAC'S NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
There's a kind-of new style of video... Called ASMR videos.

ASMR stands for "autonomous sensory meridian response"...

In short, listening to the video can give you "tingles" down your spine... And a kind of mild euphoria...

Some scientists think that the "good feeling" you get could be related to the good feeling that apes get when they groom each other!

People are making these videos, and monetizing them on YouTube... Just thought I'd point it out! In case it gives anyone any inspiration...

Just go to YouTube, and type in "ASMR"... Or click on the following...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=asmr

Best wishes,

Dien
Thanks Dien, but most of those ASMR 9except for some of the natural sounds) would drive me, and others with misophonia CRAZY.

My daughter suffers from this too, makes it hard to eat out, all that damn chewing and lip smacking.

IF I could get the MIDNIGHT AT MARY CAMPBELL'S CAVE cassette remastered to digital without altering it, it would serve the same purpose as most of the so-called relaxing tapes.

Almost all of those ASMR videos, had my flesh crawling, not tingling, I want to go hit something now.

Gordon

PS. I don't think there is very good information about misophonia either, maybe THAT is a market to look at?
Old January 11, 2019, 09:26 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default I think you're probably right... It's an opportunity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Thanks Dien, but most of those ASMR 9except for some of the natural sounds) would drive me, and others with misophonia CRAZY.

My daughter suffers from this too, makes it hard to eat out, all that damn chewing and lip smacking.

IF I could get the MIDNIGHT AT MARY CAMPBELL'S CAVE cassette remastered to digital without altering it, it would serve the same purpose as most of the so-called relaxing tapes.

Almost all of those ASMR videos, had my flesh crawling, not tingling, I want to go hit something now.

Gordon

PS. I don't think there is very good information about misophonia either, maybe THAT is a market to look at?
Hi Gordon,

I had never heard of misophonia!

I have to be frank... Some of those noises in the ASMR videos made me feel a bit queasy...

It was like a stranger being a bit too intimate with me. Which I thought was kind of weird...

But I did feel the tingles...

I don't know how common misophonia is, but it sounds like it could definitely be an untapped market... And a potential opportunity.

I don't know much about it, but if you (or someone else) is able to solve the problems of those with misophonia, there could be some good dollars in it (plus you're helping people, too)!

I think it's kind of amazing how you could be doing A... which then (unexpectedly) leads to opportunity B. (Like ASMR leading to misophonia.) That happens to me all the time... But you've got to be active (and "in the game") for this to happen to you. It doesn't usually happen when you're sitting on the sofa watching reruns of "Desperate Housewives"... (In my opinion.)

Best wishes,

Dien
Old January 12, 2019, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Default Re: I think you're probably right... It's an opportunity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

I had never heard of misophonia!

I have to be frank... Some of those noises in the ASMR videos made me feel a bit queasy...

It was like a stranger being a bit too intimate with me. Which I thought was kind of weird...

But I did feel the tingles...

I don't know how common misophonia is, but it sounds like it could definitely be an untapped market... And a potential opportunity.

I don't know much about it, but if you (or someone else) is able to solve the problems of those with misophonia, there could be some good dollars in it (plus you're helping people, too)!

I think it's kind of amazing how you could be doing A... which then (unexpectedly) leads to opportunity B. (Like ASMR leading to misophonia.) That happens to me all the time... But you've got to be active (and "in the game") for this to happen to you. It doesn't usually happen when you're sitting on the sofa watching reruns of "Desperate Housewives"... (In my opinion.)

Best wishes,

Dien

Mine is ACUTE, probably worse than mainstream, I've only ever met two people with the diagnosis, it is relatively new in the diagnostic services of mental health. Barking dogs, little yappers with high pierced shrieking barks make me crazy...

most therapies use a combo of distraction and noise replacement, a lot of noise canceling headphones are used.

I THINK there is a memory benefit to it, but that is anecdotal with me and my family...a lot of research needs to be done. We do have larger amounts of myelin in our brains, not much on that.

JUST from observation, I think it is more common than people know, there is a built in survival, reptile brain leftover for certain sounds, like babies crying, people screaming, which evoke a fight/flight response.

people with acute misophonia, often have a negative violent reaction to the overload.

A good playlist aids. A lot of Eva Cassidy, Alison Krauss and MEATLOAF get the job done for me.

On a side note, I believe I wrote about Eva before, many years ago. One of the great songbirds ever.

Gordon