SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 21, 2018, 02:48 PM

Default How ZEKE Became an INSTANT Marketing Consultant

Thanks Dien,

CHAPTER #18 at www.BigBrassOnes.com

Zeke Called Up And Said, “I’m Bored. Can You Turn Me Into a Restaurant Consultant?”

***Merry Christmas Everybody,

You Tell ME whether You Think ZEKE has Big Brass Ones.

Zeke said, “I’d like to eat for Free. That’s why I want to be a Restaurant Consultant.”

ME - “Huh?”

"Okey Dokey.

"We Can Probably make that happen.

ME - “Which Restaurant do you want to Do Marketing for?”

ZEKE - “I dunno. You’re the Expert. You Pick.”

ME - “Ok. I googled your town and there is ONE RAW FOOD Restaurant there. Which is owned by the chef. Go over there and tell me what you See.”

ZEKE - “Well, the owner has a night class which I joined. No Menu’s. He lists the Raw food Recipes on the menu on a CHALK BOARD.”

ME - “Please ask some of the other Patrons WHAT They Like Best About The food.”

ZEKE - LAUGHING. “Most of them HATE the food. They are there because their Doctors Said, “Go to the RAW FOOD restaurant and Eat Or You Are Going to DIE.”

ME - “You’re Kidding?

ZEKE - “Nope.”

ME - “Ok. Is there anyone there who might know what Diners EAT The Most Of - Long Term? Over the past few months? There MUST Be Something they like!

ZEKE - “I Talked to the kid at the Cash Register. Offered to Buy him Lunch. HE CHOSE MCDONALDS!”

ME - “Oh Brother.”

ZEKE - “I Found out there are TWO Desserts and a 3 Different Entree’s that people like best. But The Chef Likes to Cook NEW Stuff that they Hate.

ME - “Ok. Please Tell the Chef You have a Marketing Genius Mentor. At my Direction You Found Out WHAT PEOPLE WANT To EAT More Of. And We Have Created a PlaceMat Which (Your Mentor) Guarantees Will Boost Food Sales.”

ZEKE - “Are You Sure About this?”

ME - “Yeah. We have tested this idea at other Restaurants.”

ZEKE - “Ok, Then. What do I Write on The Placemats?”

ME - DESSERT PLACEMAT #1 -

“Our Two BEST SELLING Desserts Are:
Dessert I - Dessert 2

ME - ENTREE PLACEMAT #2 -

“Our 3 BEST SELLING
ENTREES Are:
Entree 1 - Entree 2 - Entree 3

ZEKE - “Ok. I Showed The Owner the 2 PlaceMats. He Agreed to Cook some of those Items. And I Put out The Placemats on all the tables. Under the Glass Table Covers.”

NEXT DAY -

ME - “How is it going?”

ZEKE - “We Have a Problem. The Chef Is Going NUTS. He Can’t Keep Up with the orders. HE didn’t make enough food in advance. Plus people want to take some home.”

ME - “Ooooops. Maybe The Chef Can Make up some meals. And Freeze them. Put them in one of those Rolling Cake - Dessert Carts I’ve seen in Restaurants.”

ZEKE - “NIX on Spending Munny on a Fancy Food Cart. The Chef says he has an old Chest Freezer at home. He’s Bringing That in to the Restaurant. What do I Write to Get Diners to BUY food to take home out of the Freezer.

So
We
Wrote
That up Next.

ZEKE - “The Chef is really happy. His total Food Sales are up 17%. But I Also HATE the food. Am Really tired of only eating 2 Desserts and 3 other meals. So I am Quitting the Restaurant Consulting Biz. Adios Amigo.

Thanks for Reading About ZEKE’s Instant Consulting Adventure!

Glenn Osborn
Shadow Chef Marketing Consultant