SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 26, 2018, 09:47 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Starting a business in Bali

I'm currently on the tropical island of Bali...

You may have heard of it... It's where she found love in "Eat, Pray, Love." Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall got married here. Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and many other celebs have holidays here... To some, with its temples, beaches, tropical weather and friendly people, it's an escape to paradise...

What you may not know of is that there are various people around the world, including the USA, UK, Europe, Canada, and Australia, who have chosen to move to Bali and live and do business here!

If you're looking for a place to "escape" to, it's not a bad choice! Food and accommodation is cheap. Plus, with all the Westerners who come here, they make a good target market who have dollars to spend!

Just walking down the street near my hotel (the Marriott), I saw a bar which advertised it was Australian-owned! Obviously started by an Aussie who liked it and stayed. I also have a friend who had a successful business in Australia, who closed shop there and moved to Bali. He holds business workshops and does business consulting, mostly to the Westerners here, though he has locals as clients too...

So, depending on your situation, you don't have to just take a holiday... You can live and work in Bali and many other "paradise" locations too, if you want to, by starting your own business there...!

Just trying to show some of the possibilities...

Okay... Back to the tropical drinks and eating some exotic fruits for me (maybe another dragon fruit)...

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : July 26, 2018 at 11:49 PM.
Old July 27, 2018, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Default Yeah, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post

You may have heard of it... It's where she found love in "Eat, Pray, Love." Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall got married here. Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and many other celebs have holidays here... To some, with its temples, beaches, tropical weather and friendly people, it's an escape to paradise...

What you may not know of is that there are various people around the world, including the USA, UK, Europe, Canada, and Australia, who have chosen to move to Bali and live and do business here!

If you're looking for a place to "escape" to, it's not a bad choice! Food and accommodation is cheap. Plus, with all the Westerners who come here, they make a good target market who have dollars to spend!

Just walking down the street near my hotel (the Marriott), I saw a bar which advertised it was Australian-owned! Obviously started by an Aussie who liked it and stayed. I also have a friend who had a successful business in Australia, who closed shop there and moved to Bali. He holds business workshops and does business consulting, mostly to the Westerners here, though he has locals as clients too...

So, depending on your situation, you don't have to just take a holiday... You can live and work in Bali and many other "paradise" locations too, if you want to, by starting your own business there...!

Just trying to show some of the possibilities...

Okay... Back to the tropical drinks and eating some exotic fruits for me (maybe another dragon fruit)...

Best wishes,

Dien

you know...

Possibilities?

Here in semi-attractive Cuyahoga Falls, host to international superstars (Including Dr. Dien Rice) life flows like the river on its serene journey to Lake Erie.

The famous never escape to here, thereby leaving us alone and out of the spotlight, to conduct ourselves as we want.

We had an English exchange student in high school, and a kid named Ted once lived in Australia.

You want a place to escape to? Don't come here.

Gordon

PS Bali sounds all hot and sandy, yeech!
Old July 31, 2018, 01:34 PM
dave_g

Default Re: Starting a business in Bali

I tend to believe that places like Bali encourage people to do business at home. And the less attention this business requires - the better. I know a couple of families who decided to leave their nests behind and forget about this crazy world for good. The easiest plan is to rent out your home/flat and never think of office hours again. Bali is quite pricey though, but the world is big after all https://tranio.com/articles/rent-out...e-5-countries/ My fav on the list is South Africa
Old August 6, 2018, 05:29 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default It's easier than you think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_g View Post
I tend to believe that places like Bali encourage people to do business at home. And the less attention this business requires - the better. I know a couple of families who decided to leave their nests behind and forget about this crazy world for good. The easiest plan is to rent out your home/flat and never think of office hours again. Bali is quite pricey though, but the world is big after all https://tranio.com/articles/rent-out...e-5-countries/ My fav on the list is South Africa
Hi Dave,

Leaving "home" and doing business in an exotic location is definitely a real opportunity...

While in Bali, I met up with a friend of mine who's done just that. I knew him when he was living in Melbourne, Australia (where I live). He's a serial entrepreneur, and has a business coaching program (working mainly with Westerners who come to Bali), as well as a local holistic, preservative-free juice business (where he partners with farmers who grow all the fruits and herbs that go into his juice products). He also recently added a gluten-free bread business to his juice line... He sells his products to local upscale restaurants.

What I've found out is that it's not that hard to start a business in Bali, nowadays. They are looking for investment, and starting your own business there is a type of investment...

Why not do it, if you want? There are big possibilities...!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old September 29, 2018, 07:43 AM
providoregifts

Default Re: Starting a business in Bali

Thanks for sharing your idea.

Last edited by GordonJ : September 29, 2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old August 6, 2018, 05:22 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Interesting business in Bali...

Quote:
I just got back from Bali...

There are definitely some interesting businesses there.

Here's one of them!

He may not get much repeat business, though...

Best wishes!

Dien
Old August 6, 2018, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Default Glad you're home safe and sound.

Quote:
I just got back from Bali...

There are definitely some interesting businesses there.

Here's one of them!

He may not get much repeat business, though...

Best wishes!

Dien

Hope no one was in his chair when the earthquake hit. Happy to hear you are safe at home. One other thing, Cuyahoga Falls isn't prone to earthquakes, Tsunamis or sharknados. Just sayin.

Gordon
Old August 6, 2018, 03:57 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default You're right... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Hope no one was in his chair when the earthquake hit. Happy to hear you are safe at home. One other thing, Cuyahoga Falls isn't prone to earthquakes, Tsunamis or sharknados. Just sayin.
Hi Gordon,

Well... that's true! True of my neck of the woods too (Melbourne, Australia)...

Bali is part of the "ring of fire" - an earthquake and volcano-prone zone! Along with Japan and the West coast of the USA...

I love California, but that's one thing I could probably never get used to... Those little tremors, sparking my own fears of the end of the world!

(I once lived for six months in the San Francisco Bay Area, many years ago before you had to sell your first born to afford the rent! I never quite got used to those tremors...)

I used to think that if I lived in Florida, I wouldn't get used to the hurricanes. But a Floridian recently told me that they don't always hit the same area (though you might get that impression from the news), so your area might get hit once a decade or even less... Hope to spend more time in Florida one day...

Best wishes,

Dien