SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 15, 2021, 03:28 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default How a guy got his video stolen... and as a result almost lost his channel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Thanks Dien,

I bought a Mouse Trap from The Link Below this Guys video.

Cheaper than a cat.

And Since Coyotes are eating Cats and Dogs where I Live in Northern MD.
I decided to Trap some mice.

1.5 Million Youtube Subscribers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHwvVPT202Y

THE
TRUE
MARK of Success?

Some Chinese THIEVES got 4 Million Views on Facebook (Facebook Ignored His Complaints) By STEALING his Exact Mouse Video.

And There might be Some FAKE Auctions at Amazon.com

Although amazon Takes them down over and over.

A Fun way to Make Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars, right?

On MOUSE MONDAY - he Visits Viewers homes and Restaurants.

Videotapes various Traps Catching RODENTS with Night Vision Photography.
Hi Glenn,

That's some mousetrap... pretty impressive!

I've tried a humane mouse trap before. The one I tried, though, could only catch one mouse at a time, and then you had to reset it.

Luckily, I'm not having any mouse problems at the moment. But, a good mouse trap can be a very valuable thing!

About stealing videos...

I know of a recent case (about a week ago) where a guy, who calls himself "Aquachigger," makes videos about metal-detecting.

He has about a million subscribers - which is pretty substantial.

But what he found was that another guy made a "reaction" video to his. That's where the other guy put up "Aquachigger's" video on YouTube, and talked over the top of it, giving his reaction to it.

("Reaction videos" are big on YouTube nowadays...)

Now, the issue was that the other guy had six million followers... So he actually had a bigger channel than "Aquachigger," who made the original video he was using.

What happened was that YouTube gave "Aquachigger" the opportunity to say whether the reaction video guy was violating his copyright...

And "Aquachigger" replied - "Yes, this guy is violating my copyright, so YouTube, take down the video."

YouTube then approached the reaction video guy, who denied he had copied the video. (To further "mask" that he took the video, he had "flipped" it horizontally, so the left side of the video was on the right, and vice versa.)

The reaction guy, remember, had 6 million subscribers (compared to "Aquachigger's" 1 million).

If a human decided this, there would be no issue. But nowadays, these things are judged by a computer program.

Given the conflict of claims, it seems YouTube "believes" the one with the most subscribers.

YouTube then went to back to "Aquachigger" and said, you're falsely accusing this guy of copyright violation, and you asked us to delete the video under false pretences. Unless you withdraw your claim, we're going to delete your channel.

That's even though his was the original video and the other guy had taken his video, and talked over the top of it!

Anyway, "Aquachigger" was in danger of losing his channel because someone else had stolen his video and denied that they had stolen it... and because this other guy had a lot more subscribers, YouTube had automatically decided that the other guy was the one telling the truth.

Anyway, in the end, it resolved itself and "Aquachigger" luckily got to save his channel.

You can see his video about it here...

Aquachiggers Youtube Termination Notice : Someone Stole My Videos And Youtube Is Terminating Me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuF5k4QB_zg

and here after it was resolved...

Aquachigger's YouTube Termination Threat Resolved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb3vgNQos1c

What happened to the channel of the guy who "stole" the video?

While his reaction video is gone, the channel is still there... 6 million subscribers is big bucks to YouTube!

Thought it might be of interest!

Best wishes,

Dien