SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old August 17, 2007, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Default Question: How to earn $7,500 / month (Full details inside)

I am looking for a way to earn $7500 / month. Everyone here on these forums seems like they "claim" to know ways... but Ive yet to see any real answers... Except "buy my ebook" it will tell you everything!

I need to earn $7500/mo. I have a van, can easily have 1-2 people work for me if I need to (if it will help).

I have less than $1000 to invest.

I have Painted curbs, Washed windows, fixed computers, sold on ebay, Ive combined these things. And never have I really made enough money for it to be more than a job working for someone else.

Currently I am selling cars (commission only) and I am looking for something I can do to build a firm business that is equally stable to a "commission only" job.

I would LOVE more than anything to be able to work out of my house, but I do not expect to find such a pleasant business.

Im considering photography (My father was a photographer & did well), I have a small web hosting business now but its not making hardly any money. One day the web hosting business will good money, but for now im looking for something to make immediate cash.
Old August 17, 2007, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Question: How to earn $7,500 / month (Full details inside)

"$375/day x 20 days/mo = $7,500"

The "real" question is;
"How do I make $375 a day?"

The following....HAVE BEEN DONE!;

1) Sell 5 a day,.... "Card" to homeowners & office workers for $75...which entitles the holder to "10 Free Oil Changes from 5 local Auto Repair Cos"!
$75 x 5 = $375/day x 20 = $7,500
OR...sell 10 A DAY FOR $750 A DAY for 2 weeks and take the rest of the month off!!!!!!!

2) Sell 15 a day....."Card" to homeowners & office workers for $25...which entitles the holder to "25 FREE Videos" (25 "twoferones"...rent 1 get 1 free)
Again...$375/Day x 20 days = $7,500!

3) Get 50 local business owners and professionals to pay you $150/mo to send out their flyers or pamphlets to New Home Buyers!

3a) Get 100 people to pay you $75 a month for a List of New Home Buyers!

4) Get 25 Doctor or Dentist offices (or Chiropractors or Auto Repair or ANY business or profession that relies on prompt appointments) to pay you $15/Day...$75/wk...$300/mo to....make an "automatic call" (using a special, cheap, software program)....that REMINDS them of their upcoming appointment!

5) Get 25 restaurants or delis to pay you $15 a day....$75/wk...$300/Mo to FAX their "Daily Specials" to 100 local business offices!
$75/wk = $300/mo x 25 = $7,500
Old August 18, 2007, 08:00 PM
Goldblogger

Default AUDIO RANT: $1 Dollar A Day!

I rarely answer questions put forth by unregistered users -- especially ones that can't even sign their posts. But this pissed me off and forced me to bust out the microphone for an audio rant/podcast.

I didn't reply to help the person that wrote this... but to help those that are trying to make a full-time income online.

MP3 AUDIO RANT: $1 Dollar A Day

Aloha,

Jason Cain
Old August 18, 2007, 10:11 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Fantastic "Rant"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldblogger View Post
I didn't reply to help the person that wrote this... but to help those that are trying to make a full-time income online.

MP3 AUDIO RANT: $1 Dollar A Day
Thanks Jason - one of the best "rants" I've ever heard!

It is great advice to know your own strengths. As you say, everybody has different strengths, and there are plenty of different ways to make money, and entrepreneurs have all kinds of personalities. Some like to be the brash "front-man" or "front-woman" and get attention that way. Others prefer to do deals in the "background", and make money that way.

Another thing is, every single entrepreneur "makes things happen". I've read that it's "making things happen" that motivates a lot of entrepreneurs (even more than money, though of course, that's important too).*

Great stuff on "investing in yourself" and having a "system" too! I saved your "rant" so I can listen to it again in future...

Thanks for sharing, Jason...

Best wishes,

Dien

* According to the book "Tactics: The Art and Science of Success", by Edward de Bono
Old August 19, 2007, 01:32 PM
Goldblogger

Default Rip The TV From The Wall!

Aloha Dien,

Thanks, I am glad you liked it. I also like what you said about making things happen. That is so fundamentally important.

I learned years ago that my biggest weakness is TV. I did not have the willpower to turn the damn thing off.

My solution?

I gave away my TV. It was drastic but it worked. I found all sorts of "extra" time for working out, martial arts, my business and family functions.

MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

I think we all need to card in our wallets with that written on it.

Aloha,

Jason
Old August 19, 2007, 07:01 PM
SteveSki

Default Re: Rip The TV From The Wall! That's great advice!

Hi Jason, For most of my life I wasted my time watching TV.
But when I moved to Australia I left the TV behind and because
my wife is absolutely against having one I have now made more
progress in the last 3 years than I have in the past 30. Without her
I don't think I would have had the strength to kick that habit. We still
go out to the movies once a week but that's only 2 hours of time compared to
the 20+ I use to throw away each week. Like you I now have time to do more
important thing. But now I have to be careful of too much Internet surfing.

Cheers,
Steve
Old August 20, 2007, 12:11 AM
Goldblogger

Default Re: Rip The TV From The Wall! That's great advice!

Aloha Steve,

I agree that Internet surfing can be the same sort of drug. I have limited myself to ONE forum to post to and read... this one.

Aloha,

Jason
Old August 19, 2007, 08:08 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Making Things Happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldblogger View Post
Thanks, I am glad you liked it. I also like what you said about making things happen. That is so fundamentally important.

I learned years ago that my biggest weakness is TV. I did not have the willpower to turn the damn thing off.

My solution?

I gave away my TV. It was drastic but it worked. I found all sorts of "extra" time for working out, martial arts, my business and family functions.

I agree, TV can be a deadly force! I don't watch much TV. Though I do like the occasional comedy as a stress reliever.

Quote:
MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

I think we all need to card in our wallets with that written on it.
You're right! I'm gonna make a card with those words right away!

Here's the part on the motivations of successful people regarding "Making Things Happen" from Edward de Bono's book (with slight editing)...
Making Things Happen

If I had to choose the one motivating factor that seems to me to be operating in most successful people it is the wish to make things happen. ...

"I realized that money wasn't the be-all and end-all. I think everybody looks for money in the beginning," says Mark McCormack. "Their initial financial requirements - their concrete requirements - are those of a family, but I think after you reach a certain level that's no longer the intriguing factor. I think trying to accomplish something that's unique and, in my case, that had never ever been done before, was very challenging and very exciting."

Diane von Furstenberg: "It's the warmth that you get in the fruit of your work or in the fruit of your efforts. It fills you up with a warmth and you wink at yourself, you smile at yourself. you don't need to share it with anybody and it's not 'ha ha', it's just warmth."

Sir Clive Sinclair: "The main excitement is when you suddenly see a way of doing something that hasn't been done before. It's the moment of solution. What is also nice is the recognition that there is a solution; one has found the solution."

Nolan Bushnell: "I think the most important factor in my life is boredom. I just hate boredom; I hate redundancy. I hate repetition. I think that has been a heavy motivating force. I just can't let ideas be ideas. I have to sort of push them until I've found how to make them real - how do you make things happen?"
From "Tactics: The Art and Science of Success" by Edward de Bono, pp.68-69.

(The book was written in the mid-1980s, and mostly consists of interviews with various successful people, divided into topics. I just included the entrepreneurs' quotes above. The two quotes I left out were from a bank vice-president and a researcher/strategic thinker.)

Even though de Bono's "Tactics" book is over 20 years old, it's a good one!

Cheers

Dien
Old August 19, 2007, 08:28 PM
RickC

Default Re: Question: How to earn $7,500 / month (Full details inside)

Jason,

That was one of the most honest and forthright responses I have heard in a very long time. I have read many, but it was really cool to hear the response.

You hit the nail on the head with some power. I know there are many people who buy all sorts of information in order to reach the rainbow, but there are many others (myself included) who buy and search for information in order to build our knowledge. You can learn so much by reading or hearing information from other people who are actually doing something and accomplishing things, and you can apply nuggets of their information to your own thing.

Joe Cossman was was the master in twisting information or techniques in different ways. We all know what happened for him.

Thanks again!

Rick
Old August 20, 2007, 12:22 AM
Goldblogger

Default Thanks Rick!

Aloha Rick,

Thanks for aloha.

I love Joe Cossman too. Especially concerning his twisting of ideas.

In fact, Dien talked about that in this thread, where he discussed the use of coupons to prompt response to offers.

Aloha,

Jason