SOWPub Small Business Forums  
 

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

 

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: gxqQR
vZfUJDGytkxvD 0 0%
NxSnZOIMolDcnVUj 0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 23, 2003, 02:51 AM
Jason Hatchett
 
Posts: n/a
Default Stargazing Ceiling Murals

I have been doing these Stargazing Ceiling Murals for about 4 years. I donít do a lot of them but I always make $100 an hour when I do them. I just did two kids room last week for $400 and I was only there 4 hours.

There has never been another business that Iíve owned where everybody I do one for is in complete awe when Iím done, everyone just loves them. Itís the greatest feeling. In my auto detailing business I never hear great job, but if you miss something you will sure hear about it.

I have been trying to put together a marketing program for hotels, motels, B&Bís, resorts, etc. a program where they almost beg me to put up my Stargazing Ceiling Murals and I think I am on the right track. I would like to get your feedback to fine tune my program. I have been using some of these techniques in my detailing business (very successfully) where the auto dealers donít pay until after the vehicle is sold and they love it. Please check it out http://www.star-biz.net

Thank You,
Jason Hatchett
http://www.Starmural.com
  #2  
Old September 23, 2003, 07:36 AM
Vondre'
 
Posts: n/a
Default Here's a GREAT Idea!!!

Hello My Friend,

There are 2 things I have learned from selling insurance and being in business.

#1. It's always good to find people who have dramatic changes in their lives.

#2. People who have dramatic changes in their lives easily spend more money!!!! *Remember that.

Think about......A couple who just got married spends more money on different things in relationship to their situation.

Anyone who buys a new house will definitely spend more money.

What about that guy or girl who gets a promotion? They spend more too!

These are what I call drastic changes.

Now.....here's the idea!

My wife and I are are about to have a baby in a few short months. *That's a drastic change! I've spent money on things I've never imagined, including a baby room.

Baby Room? Stop!!!!! Wait a second!!! That's brilliant with a BIG B.....

I would love to have the Happy Stars at night in my baby room. It would quickly put the baby asleep at night in my opinion (That's the hook!).

How many soon to be parents out their who are already spending thousands of dollars on a baby room would be interested in the stargaze night sky to show off when people visit their home to see the baby?

Can you imagine the parents flipping off the lights saying, "look at how we keep the baby asleep at night!"

That's a new market for your business and it's very easy to get lists of new parents.

I hope this helps!!!!!

Vondre'
The "BIG BRAIN" Entrepreneur!!!

http://www.vondrewhaley.com (How I lost over 100 pounds!)

http://www.sellcomputerslikecrazy.com (How I flip computers for profit!)

P.S. By the way, I also like your idea of marketing to hotels.


I Turn Computers Into Cold Cash!!!
  #3  
Old September 23, 2003, 11:28 AM
Jason Hatchett
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Here's a GREAT Idea!!!

Thank You So Much Vondre'!!

Now that I think about it, I have done quite a few Stargazing Ceiling Murals for expecting parents. How do I go about getting the lists for expecting parents, or people getting married?

What about daycare centers, if you have one little one a lot of the time you have a 2nd little one on the way. Or maybe do a daycare centers nap room ceiling for free in exchange for a nice size poster ad for the parents to see?

Thanks Again,
Jason Hatchett

> Hello My Friend,

> There are 2 things I have learned from
> selling insurance and being in business.

> #1. It's always good to find people who have
> dramatic changes in their lives.

> #2. People who have dramatic changes in
> their lives easily spend more money!!!!
> *Remember that.

> Think about......A couple who just got
> married spends more money on different
> things in relationship to their situation.

> Anyone who buys a new house will definitely
> spend more money.

> What about that guy or girl who gets a
> promotion? They spend more too!

> These are what I call drastic changes.

> Now.....here's the idea!

> My wife and I are are about to have a baby
> in a few short months. *That's a drastic
> change! I've spent money on things I've
> never imagined, including a baby room.

> Baby Room? Stop!!!!! Wait a second!!! That's
> brilliant with a BIG B.....

> I would love to have the Happy Stars at
> night in my baby room. It would quickly put
> the baby asleep at night in my opinion
> (That's the hook!).

> How many soon to be parents out their who
> are already spending thousands of dollars on
> a baby room would be interested in the
> stargaze night sky to show off when people
> visit their home to see the baby?

> Can you imagine the parents flipping off the
> lights saying, "look at how we keep the
> baby asleep at night!"

> That's a new market for your business and
> it's very easy to get lists of new parents.

> I hope this helps!!!!!

> Vondre'
> The "BIG BRAIN" Entrepreneur!!!

> http://www.vondrewhaley.com (How I lost
> over 100 pounds!)

> http://www.sellcomputerslikecrazy.com (How
> I flip computers for profit!)

> P.S. By the way, I also like your idea of
> marketing to hotels.
  #4  
Old September 27, 2003, 07:17 PM
Bob
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Here's a GREAT Idea!!!

> Thank You So Much Vondre'!!

> Now that I think about it, I have done quite
> a few Stargazing Ceiling Murals for
> expecting parents. How do I go about getting
> the lists for expecting parents, or people
> getting married?

You will run into privacy concerns in accessing expecting and new parents. Used to be that new births were published in newspapers.

Perhaps you could contact Ob-Gyn and Pediatric offices for permission to leave literature with them or negotiate some sort of a trade-out?

I'm sure there are stores that either have a baby department or focus completely on infants -- another trade-out or leave literature opp?

Good luck,
Bob
  #5  
Old September 23, 2003, 03:30 PM
Boyd Stone
 
Posts: n/a
Default Here's a link to our previous discussion about starry ceilings ....

Hi,

Here at Seeds of Wisdom we discussed starry ceilings at least one other time. Click below to jump to that thread if you like.

Best,

- Boyd


Starry starry nights indoors
  #6  
Old September 23, 2003, 08:54 PM
Barbara Camisa
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Stargazing Ceiling Murals

Hi Jason,

I absolutely adore gazing at the stars. Since I'm fairly new to southern California, I reside in an apartment. I'm aiming to buy my first SoCal house that will have a room that has a large skylight for gazing at the stars from indoors. In the meanwhile, I certainly would pay for your stars mural for my bedroom in my apartment. Actually, since I wouldn't care to have a skylight in my bedroom (call it leftover NYC neurosis; skylight anywhere is pushing the issue), I'd still go for your stars mural in my bedroom at my new home.

I like your hotels idea. I also think it would be a good idea to capture a great pic of your work to display on your site.

Barbara Camisa

> I have been doing these Stargazing Ceiling
> Murals for about 4 years. I donít do a lot
> of them but I always make $100 an hour when
> I do them. I just did two kids room last
> week for $400 and I was only there 4 hours.

> There has never been another business that
> Iíve owned where everybody I do one for is
> in complete awe when Iím done, everyone just
> loves them. Itís the greatest feeling. In my
> auto detailing business I never hear great
> job, but if you miss something you will sure
> hear about it.

> I have been trying to put together a
> marketing program for hotels, motels, B&Bís,
> resorts, etc. a program where they almost
> beg me to put up my Stargazing Ceiling
> Murals and I think I am on the right track.
> I would like to get your feedback to fine
> tune my program. I have been using some of
> these techniques in my detailing business
> (very successfully) where the auto dealers
> donít pay until after the vehicle is sold
> and they love it. Please check it out
> http://www.star-biz.net Thank You,
> Jason Hatchett
> http://www.Starmural.com
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Other recent posts on the forum...


Seeds of Wisdom Publishing (front page) | Seeds of Wisdom Business forum | Seeds of Wisdom Original Business Forum (Archive) | Hidden Unusual Business Ideas Newsletter | Hotsheet Profits | The Art of Leverage | The Success Report | Persuade via Remote Influence | Affia Band | The Entrepreneur's Hotsheet | The SeedZine (Entrepreneurial Ezine) | The Fly Low Collect Dough Update Hotline

Get the report on Harvey Brody's Answers to a Question-Oriented-Person


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.