Go to the Main Business Forum page

Dylan #4 The times they are a changing...with the climate...both real and virtual. [Archive] - Page 8 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dylan #4 The times they are a changing...with the climate...both real and virtual.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

MMacGillivray
February 5, 2007, 11:53 AM
But are "they" right about global warming? Or are the dissenting scientists right? I for one am not convinced...

Hi, Bill - I'm not completely convinced either. However, my reasons for thinking about solar/alternative energy supplies are more to do with the ever-spiralling cost of oil because the demand for fuel from the developing world is only going to grow. Being totally reliant on a few oil-producing countries makes us very vulnerable to political whim - and I see solar/alternative energy as a means to insulate ourselves (slightly) from future squabbles between oil producers and those who might consume it.

Like farming, changes in production of solar panels cannot be switched on overnight; there will be a lead time of several years before any meaningful contribution could be made to the nation's energy consumption.

As for global warming, my understanding is that the earth heats and cools on a cycle of thousands of years, completely independently from man's contribution.

Margaret

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page