Go to the Main Business Forum page

The secret Sidney Sheldon used to become a great writer . . . [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The secret Sidney Sheldon used to become a great writer . . .

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Dien Rice
February 7, 2007, 11:04 PM
Hi Margaret,

Barbara Cartland's novel-writing production line was quite amazing. Strangely, though, I couldn't read her novels. Something about them irked me (or maybe it was because I always got the mental picture of her, pretty in pink!).
Yes, I read that in the later part of her life, pink was the only color she wore. Supposed to be good for the psyche, or something like that... (Maybe she always wanted to feel "in the pink"!)

I haven't read any of Barbara Cartland's novels either (I don't fit the "demographic" for the average romance novel reader!) - but her novel-writing is impressive if only for how prolific she was!

Though, she sold a lot of books, too... I think she had a lot of fans...

In the last couple of weeks, I have also discovered the Windows Movie Maker software - it's quite a powerful piece of software. I published a trial video at YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfupzXp5Nys - it's fairly basic in that I stitched together some free to use pictures of cars and added a sound track (I'm not quite sure where I got the music from) and put on titles and credits. I think the internet is moving towards something more sophisticated - the same sort of development as happened with television - just the pace of change is much faster, so I decided to see what I could do.
Margaret, I watched your video - looks like it's a good start! :)

I really need to get myself a cheap camcorder and do some filming... They say online video is great for sales too...

I think you're right - I think video will be a big part of the future of the web. A lot of people think the future web will look something like television, with lots of videos everywhere... It's already starting to look a little bit that way!

Thanks, Margaret, for that "window" into the future... :)

Cheers, Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page