Go to the Main Business Forum page

QUIZ Yourself and Your Headline Picking Skills [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : QUIZ Yourself and Your Headline Picking Skills

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

GordonJ
January 17, 2017, 01:34 PM
Thanks Dien,

Just advised a coaching client
That if the offer he got in the mail really worked.

Spend 500
And make 25k a yr

The author would KEEP IT A SECRET TO HIMSELF.

The offer includes exclusive nitch rental list of stamp collectors.

Today
On-line instead of paying List Rental fees.

We pay for Key Word "clicks"

What does not change
However is the need to Test
Or you dont make munny.

Glenn

Over the years I've worked with and for several collectors. I rarely, if ever, write or discuss them in public. The closest thing to a "revealing" is in Harvey Brody's QOP document where HE mentions his love of pocket watches.

Side bar, tangent: I've told a few copywriters about these, but, they would rather pursue diet, supplements, biz-op, and IM nonsense, good for them. And I reveal this today, because...

NO one will do anything about it. That's ok, we who know the secrets will continue to DO what we do.

Call them collectors. That is a HUGE market, and to break that down, here are the big four.

Philatelists, numismatist, commemorative and rare collectibles, such as pens, watches and cars.

There was an auction on May 31, 2016 and a buyer paid 1,175,000 bux for ONE stamp, the rare Inverted Jenny.

Recently there was a post about sports card, and the "stored value" in them, and some luck in finding them. It looks like that chattel deal, could net 1,000 profit. Pretty good 100 bux investment, eh?

There once was a guy, Alan Shawn Feinstein, a mail order guy in Cranston, R.I. who sold stamps, and my grandfather had been a collector for a long time. Anyhow, here is a book I bought from ASF .

http://www.writerstollbooth.com/cranston.jpg

The book was free, and was one of several books I bought from him. He later went on to do a lot of work for World Hunger.

Anyhow, I sort of agree that a guy who can turn 500 into 25k is going to hold tightly to his "secret", perhaps he also knows that 99 our of 100 people will never even try to implement it.

I do know this, if my stamp collection had not been taken in the great flood, I would not be here, I'd be on a yacht, somewhere warm, collecting and BUYING AND SELLING treasures, to and from people with MONEY, who don't sweat the price, and there are plenty of them out there.

An almost identical ad used by ASF in mid 70's ran in 1916 Collier's, touting the value of saving, collecting and enjoying stamps.

GordonJ

PS. There is such a lack of copywriting talent in these fields, it is no wonder guys like John White made a fortune writing for them.

Some recent posts on the forum...

[CaRP] This appears to be an HTML webpage, not a feed.

This is a SOWPub Archive page