View Single Post
Old April 11, 2007, 09:46 AM
Kelly Kasabian

Default Another good "marketing" word for "escrow"?

Hey all -

I have an idea/project I'm formulating which a key component involves the essence of what "escrow" is ... in other words a "holding" or "3rd party" of some sort so two sides can be held to an agreement... for example - there was this one company that held funds in escrow while the shipper of an expensive item shipped it... when the recipient rec'd it - to their satisfaction - the funds would be released to the shipper/seller... this way, obviously, the seller isn't on the hook because a 3rd party has the money... and the buyer isn't on the hook by buyin' a "pig in a poke" and losing their moolah.

Okay...so the above is not the project ...it's just a good analogy for it... what I've come up with is something that my initial idea was to call it "________ escrow"...

...but we ALL know that the word 'escrow' creates confusion in almost everyone's mind ....

...and what do we know happens to customers when they're confused? They don't buy or use your service...

...anyhow - anyone think of a good word that would encompass and replace escrow? Emotional words are a plus obviously ... but any help would be appreciated ...

Thanks!

KK