View Single Post
Old October 14, 2008, 01:01 PM
L.B. Jenkins

Default Re: Qualifying IS part of the problem!...

TW,
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TW View Post
Hi LB...

Thanks for the advise -- it all makes good sense -- except for #5, imo. After 15 years, there SHOULD be a certain amount of 'coasting' that I SHOULD be able to enjoy. The boulder should be PARTIALLY pre-rolled up the hill, no? I shouldn't have to start from absolute zero every time. And that includes being given the respect of getting called back when I contact them because they ASKED ME TO CONTACT THEM.

Also, as for gov't selling taking a long time, I'm fine with that. What I was pointing out is, the give + take on the phone (phone tag, etc.) is over an extended period of time, which means the client's motivation must also be spread out over a long period of time -- therefore it's more likely to disapate, compared to a normal (shorter) sales cycle.

-- TW

PS: Thanks again.
One never coasts in sales. Coasting is just another form of sitting back on one's laurels. If you take that route another will see and swoop in when your guard is down and take your customer. Diligence and continual attentiveness is the method of staying on top.