SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old August 19, 2000, 10:44 AM
Gordon Alexander

Default Here is a "mind map" for you would be authors...and a quick course too...

Dien Rice is seeking writers.

YOU have some great experiences to share. If you don't have a clue yet as to what to do next, I've found and have used a quick course...and you can use it too.

Here is the "Mind Map" of the free course:

http://web.archive.org/web/200103070...nd_summary.htm

And here is the start of the quick little, and fun course to get you thinking:

http://web.archive.org/web/200101241...troduction.htm

As usual, I have no connection to the site...but I found it useful and if you are thinking of turning out an e-book, I think it is worth a few minutes of your time.

This morning, I'm cleaning out my favorites file, if I come across anything else I've forgotten about and feel it worth your time, I'll post it.

Feel free to do the same thing.

I'd love to learn of NEW sites, especially ones that have NOTHING to do with marketing...but, if you have a secret site...be a blabber mouth would ya already....

Thanks,

Gordon Alexander

Innergrail Program Quick Course on E-books

Last edited by Dien Rice : November 27, 2011 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Fixed links
Old August 19, 2000, 11:11 AM
Julie Jordan Scott

Default My Favorite Creativity Site Would Have to be.........

The Discian Group, headed by Kevin Eikenberry another movie loving, ever thinking deeply man in the mid west. (Link at the end here)

His kids are also delightfully near mine in age, so someday I hope to meet he and his wife and kids, I think it would be a blast.

Lots of great exercises and stuff on this site, check it out!

Also, I will be gone for a week plus, in case anyone notices my absence I have not vaporized, I am simply relaxing, rejuvenating and creating in Flagstaff, Arizona.

With Purpose and Passion,

JULIE

Meet Kevin!
Old August 19, 2000, 12:22 PM
Gordon Alexander

Default Thanks Julie, ENJOY and REJUVENATE...

Thanks for the exellent resource site...I've spent an hour already visiting some wonderful sites...

SEE everyone, this is what I mean...won't you too share your favorite places?...

Check out the COMPASS and hit the websites...

I started at the top and went down the list, created a whole new file...I'm so glad I cleaned out my favorites this morning, now I can start adding.

Thanks again JJS...just remember to empty your shoes in the morning, the scorpions like to sleep in them...

...that was what I was told when I lived in Phoenix for a brief period as a kid...

but we moved back to Ohio, NO Scorpions...HA!

Enjoy,

Gordon Alexander
Old August 20, 2000, 01:46 PM
Amber Sorenson

Default My favorite 'secret' site...it may change your life.

Hi,
Since Gordon asked us to share our favorite sites, even if they have nothing to do with marketing...I wanted to offer mine.

Some years ago, I was a personal development trainer and I focused a lot on stress reduction techniques. I also went on to use some of those techniques in a day spa that I later owned.

But...my oh my, how far we've come since then. Since I have led a fairly stressful life, I have been especially drawn to state-of-the-art developments in stress management.

This is why I want to point you to one of my favorite websites which has information that may even one day contribute to saving your life.

If you feel you have had the rug jerked out from under you, lost your sense of living a balanced life, dealing with a lot of uncertainty, and need to find peace while life is swirling all around you...then you are probably overly stressed out.

Read the articles entitled 'A Mind of It's Own' and a Change of Heart' at http://www.HeartMath.com/Library/Articles.html

Also, if you have the time, don't miss the article in their library of articles entitled "Forgiveness...a Real Stress Buster"

To quote: "Researchers are finding that the poets may be right. The human heart is the physical home of love, and perhaps the repository of the soul itself."

When I first stumbled across this site while doing some research on stress reduction about three years ago, I was fascinated. And, I have excitedly followed the development of this research from the Heart Math Institute.

You don't have to buy anything from this site in order to learn a lot just by reading what is available on the site. The techniques have helped me. So, I just wanted to share this website with the hope that it can, in turn, help someone else who may be in need of understanding the power in the simple techniques taught by the Heart Math Institute.

It's my belief that the "Freeze Frame" techniques are some of the most empowering knowledge you will ever find...to insure that you do live long and have a better chance to fully enjoy any prosperity that stems from your entrepreneurial endeavors.

Hope this link, one of my all time favorites, helps someone who is tossing and turning at night and really needs to once again find their 'center'. It's not hokus-pocus. It works.

They say that the heart has it's own brain. Does that sound strange to you? Well, please don't discount the importance of this discovery until you've read how, with this knowledge, you may be able to stop a heart attack.

By reading the material that is freely available on the site, you should get the general idea and even possibly learn enough to begin helping yourself...today!

Many corporations are now using this particular training for their employees. Many of them. But for those of you who are self-employed, I want you to know about it too. Entrepreneurs often have their own unique stresses to contend with.

Stress is a killer. Don't let it get the best of you. Instead, get back to your 'center', back in tune with life and . . .

Live with gusto,
Amber

In 1991, medical literature recognized that the heart has it's own brain...
Old August 20, 2000, 04:12 PM
Amber Sorenson

Default oops...I left out the best part for my fellow 'baby boomers'...

Oops...I left out a very important part of my last post which involves 'staying younger longer', inside and out...which is also thought to be possible using the freeze-frame and cut-thru techniques mentioned in my above post.

For those of us beginning to be concerned about aging issues, one of the reasons I have followed the Heart Math research is because of their claims that using the aforementioned techniques can NATURALLY increase DHEA which in turn, reduces depression, anxiety and memory loss that often come with aging. Many are popping DHEA pills the past years in an attempt to postpone aging. Why not try a natural way to accomplish this?

As well, the stress hormone, cortisol can be significantly reduced. It can be quite a culprit...with the ability to damage brain cells and produce havoc on many of our bodily systems.

Controlling all the stress hormones helps to maintain a more youthful physical appearance as well.

So, as an inducement to lead you to this site, one of my all time 'greatest discoveries' since being on the net a few years ~ even if you just read one article ~ 'A Change Of Heart', I didn't want to neglect to mention the vanity aspects, as well, of the soooo simple techniques.

Cheers!
Amber

Practice this and grow younger right before your mirror! Well, maybe....
Old August 21, 2000, 09:15 AM
Gordon Alexander

Default Thank You Amber...I spent a lot of time at

http://www.heartmath.com/Library/Articles.html

Good Stuff.

I'd like to just point out to everyone, what the gist is:

It is on the Pictogrigm of Life...

It is the MIND/BODY connection. What research proves time and time again, good health is connected to good thinking.

Thanks Amber for sharing this site, it is a treasure.

Gordon Alexander

Here again is the DOL: