SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old March 14, 2016, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Default Donald "Biff" Trump and Predisposed susceptibilites...

First, a tip of the hat to Warrior Forum member, ewenmack, who posted in the Off Line Sub forum a concept which gave me an Ah-Ha moment.

It was a re framing of an old idea, in the Parade of Life concept and within the Square One Workshops, I referred to this as a

Predisposed Susceptibility,

ewenmack wrote about PRE EXISTING MOTIVATIONS.

OK, see on the PictoGrigm Of Persuasion, your TARGET is in a bubble of preoccupation and going down her own track.

My old world concept was to get on her track and let her run you over.

The re framing for me is to keep in mind that MOTIVATION is

"to move" (thanks Latin class, which I hated).

In selling, you want to motivate your prospect to become your customer, and you move them through the old AIDCAS process from attention to a satisfied customer.

The quickest sales method is to find a starving crowd and sell them food, ala Gary Halbert's hamburger meataphor.

Hungry people have a predisposed susceptibility TO the promise of satisfaction...

the smell often is enough to get a customer. (Tested and proven during my demo days.)

So Biff the Bully comes along and the kids in the Soda Fountain either leave, try to ignore or become part of his posse.

Not too many Marty McFlys out there.

During the Weimar Republic, chaos ruled, but there was a group, mostly veterans, who had a "predisposed susceptibility" to Nationalism, many of whom, including Hitler, who felt politicians had stabbed them in the back during WWI.

Which brings us back to Biff Trump and Warren Blair's one sentence persuasion idea...

Encourage their dreams...
Justify their failures...
Allay their fears...
Confirm their suspicions...
Throw rocks at common enemies...

And the rocks have become real.

The Biffer's Mastermind Group knows persuasion technique, especially of the Nationalist kind...which has worked since man has declared land rights.

So, we can learn a lot, especially about our own thinking and note our own predilections to observe how they are being used on us.

I like the idea of Pre Existing Motivation, and the HOW to use it in business and in marketing.

It is much easier to sell prenatal vitamins to a 22 yeard old woman who is pregnant (like me for a few years, or so the data collectors thought)...

than to a 66 year old man.

TARGET your prospects with precision, and get on their track, and get run over with profits.

Gordon Jay
Old March 14, 2016, 08:11 PM
ron lafuddy

Default Broke...To The Future

Yes, there is a new nationalism rising. You can see it "charting"
in Europe, as their movement is slightly ahead of our own.

We too, have a fixed future date, with our own version of nationalism, bearing
down on us.

I was told this was coming, as I sat in a seminar, almost 30 years ago
this month.

The speaker said to watch the immigration policies for signs that
things were on track. And to observe what the politicians DO...which
would be the exact opposite of what they say.

He warned us to be careful, that things could get ugly and violent.
That we could see the kind of activism and rioting, not witnessed since
the 1960's.

He didn't foresee THE Biffmeister himself, in the starring role. But, he
did imagine a Reaganesque, charismatic type character, coming to power.

The new nationalism will be split along the lines of AGE. Old vs young.
Boomers vs their kids and grand kids. Haves vs have nots.

Those who feel they are entitled vs those who do not want their taxes
raised, to pay for those entitlements.

In the middle of all this, is immigration. The politicians in Europe and N. America
intend to harness the immigrant population, to pay the additional taxes needed
to fund all the senior entitlement programs.

They can't hope to do it, without them.

There lies reality star Biff's great dilemma. The immigrants need to be on
the Fast Track to becoming legal, taxpaying citizens, for this all to work.

In the movie, Biff overplayed his hand and things went badly. If he doesn't
get out of the running, and tries to deliver on his promises, Biff Jr. may not
fare so well, either.

Ya gotta know when to fold 'em.

Ron

QUOTE=GordonJ;36433]First, a tip of the hat to Warrior Forum member, ewenmack, who posted in the Off Line Sub forum a concept which gave me an Ah-Ha moment.

It was a re framing of an old idea, in the Parade of Life concept and within the Square One Workshops, I referred to this as a

Predisposed Susceptibility,

ewenmack wrote about PRE EXISTING MOTIVATIONS.

OK, see on the PictoGrigm Of Persuasion, your TARGET is in a bubble of preoccupation and going down her own track.

My old world concept was to get on her track and let her run you over.

The re framing for me is to keep in mind that MOTIVATION is

"to move" (thanks Latin class, which I hated).

In selling, you want to motivate your prospect to become your customer, and you move them through the old AIDCAS process from attention to a satisfied customer.

The quickest sales method is to find a starving crowd and sell them food, ala Gary Halbert's hamburger meataphor.

Hungry people have a predisposed susceptibility TO the promise of satisfaction...

the smell often is enough to get a customer. (Tested and proven during my demo days.)

So Biff the Bully comes along and the kids in the Soda Fountain either leave, try to ignore or become part of his posse.

Not too many Marty McFlys out there.

During the Weimar Republic, chaos ruled, but there was a group, mostly veterans, who had a "predisposed susceptibility" to Nationalism, many of whom, including Hitler, who felt politicians had stabbed them in the back during WWI.

Which brings us back to Biff Trump and Warren Blair's one sentence persuasion idea...

Encourage their dreams...
Justify their failures...
Allay their fears...
Confirm their suspicions...
Throw rocks at common enemies...

And the rocks have become real.

The Biffer's Mastermind Group knows persuasion technique, especially of the Nationalist kind...which has worked since man has declared land rights.

So, we can learn a lot, especially about our own thinking and note our own predilections to observe how they are being used on us.

I like the idea of Pre Existing Motivation, and the HOW to use it in business and in marketing.

It is much easier to sell prenatal vitamins to a 22 yeard old woman who is pregnant (like me for a few years, or so the data collectors thought)...

than to a 66 year old man.

TARGET your prospects with precision, and get on their track, and get run over with profits.

Gordon Jay[/quote]
Old March 14, 2016, 08:22 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Broke...To The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron lafuddy View Post
Yes, there is a new nationalism rising. You can see it "charting"
in Europe, as their movement is slightly ahead of our own.

We too, have a fixed future date, with our own version of nationalism, bearing
down on us.

I was told this was coming, as I sat in a seminar, almost 30 years ago
this month.

The speaker said to watch the immigration policies for signs that
things were on track. And to observe what the politicians DO...which
would be the exact opposite of what they say.

He warned us to be careful, that things could get ugly and violent.
That we could see the kind of activism and rioting, not witnessed since
the 1960's.
Thanks Ron...

That's fascinating!

May I ask, do you remember who the speaker was?

Sounds like he had some real insights...!

Quote:
In the middle of all this, is immigration. The politicians in Europe and N. America
intend to harness the immigrant population, to pay the additional taxes needed
to fund all the senior entitlement programs.

They can't hope to do it, without them.

There lies reality star Biff's great dilemma. The immigrants need to be on
the Fast Track to becoming legal, taxpaying citizens, for this all to work.
To me, this sounds like it makes sense...

People want and need to be supported, especially as they get older...

Some people are okay. They've got a good "nest egg" stashed away.

But many don't. They'll need help...

Social security is running out of money. How to fund it all?

Of course, more tax paying immigrants is one possibly solution... More tax payers means more government money, and means potentially more money going into social security...

There may be other answers (I haven't really thought it through, or read what others have said)... But I can see the argument...

Very interesting. Who knows what will happen...

It's a big Pandora's box right now, as I see it...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old March 14, 2016, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Default Cleveland Riots?

http://www.cleveland.com/rnc-2016/in..._buy_riot.html

So, local contacts tell me there will be scores of PRIVATE SECURITY firms, some under contract to HS, in Cleveland for the GOP convention in July.

Remember Chicago 1968?

Tomorrow will be either a turning point, if Kasich wins Ohio, or if he doesn't, it may well mean that the Biffer is going to be the nominee, minus any shenanigans in Cleveland.

In April, we'll see some twists.

Are guys like Bill Bonner fueling their private jets and heading to the hidden haciendas of South America?

And is it time to get those MREs and Y2K supplies updated?

The stars are aligned, and if you are NOT in a good position, NOW is the time to accelerate your activities, before all the sheet hits the fan.
months
You've got a few months.

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : March 14, 2016 at 10:02 PM.
Old March 15, 2016, 04:21 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Cleveland Riots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
http://www.cleveland.com/rnc-2016/in..._buy_riot.html

So, local contacts tell me there will be scores of PRIVATE SECURITY firms, some under contract to HS, in Cleveland for the GOP convention in July.

Remember Chicago 1968?

Tomorrow will be either a turning point, if Kasich wins Ohio, or if he doesn't, it may well mean that the Biffer is going to be the nominee, minus any shenanigans in Cleveland.

In April, we'll see some twists.

Are guys like Bill Bonner fueling their private jets and heading to the hidden haciendas of South America?

And is it time to get those MREs and Y2K supplies updated?

The stars are aligned, and if you are NOT in a good position, NOW is the time to accelerate your activities, before all the sheet hits the fan.
months
You've got a few months.
Hi Gordon,

Bill Bonner is the founder of Agora. It's well known as one of the major businesses built using direct-response marketing techniques... It mostly sells newsletters...

I'm on some of their mailing lists - it's a good education.

What I gather from them is... fear. A lot of fear!

That's what they're using to sell...

Of course, "Biff" is using the same motivator... But, many Americans have really been "hit"...

I've read that real wages (when taking into account inflation) of middle-class Americans have stayed stagnant for 20 or 30 years.

Of course, the "average" American income has gone up. But it's all at the top. The wealthy have gotten much wealthier... and the middle-classes have more-or-less stayed the same.

It's the same sentiment Bernie Sanders is tapping into as well...

This has been happening for 20 or 30 years - it's been going on for a while...

Of course, this was all based on "trickle-down economics". Many people are still waiting for their portion of the "trickle"...

Well, what can you do about it?

You can try to change the world, as some do... My view is, the game is "skewed" in favor of the "haves" - not the "have-nots"!

So, you gotta be one of the "haves"... That's the tough part. But not impossible...

We've talked about many ways to do that here... I've spent the last 20 years or so working on this! (And things are working out okay so far.) There are so many ways...

I have both very rich (tens-of-million-aires) and quite poor (barely keeping themselves off the streets) friends... I can see many mistakes my poor friends are doing. But it is impossible to give advice, because often any advice provokes an "angry" reaction...

Not easy!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old March 15, 2016, 12:43 AM
ron lafuddy

Dien,

The seminar speaker was Jack Miller, now deceased.

A couple of months ago, I ran across my notes from that seminar and read through them again.

Pondering that information, while watching things develop, has been a real eye opener for me.

Jack said that the problems were built into the system and they would play out badly over time.

He said you may be young now, but if you are still alive when this happens, you'll be old and your
best years, as far as health and productivity, will be behind you.

I was in my 30's then. I couldn't really grasp the things he was describing. It was a very different time.

But, he was right. I have lived to see the beginnings of the things that he described. And, it is coming down
just the way he said it would.

Somewhere I have the workbook from that seminar. I'm not sure that I want to find it.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Thanks Ron...

That's fascinating!

May I ask, do you remember who the speaker was?

Sounds like he had some real insights...!

To me, this sounds like it makes sense...

People want and need to be supported, especially as they get older...

Some people are okay. They've got a good "nest egg" stashed away.

But many don't. They'll need help...

Social security is running out of money. How to fund it all?

Of course, more tax paying immigrants is one possibly solution... More tax payers means more government money, and means potentially more money going into social security...

There may be other answers (I haven't really thought it through, or read what others have said)... But I can see the argument...

Very interesting. Who knows what will happen...

It's a big Pandora's box right now, as I see it...

Best wishes,

Dien
Old March 15, 2016, 04:07 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron lafuddy View Post
Dien,

The seminar speaker was Jack Miller, now deceased.

A couple of months ago, I ran across my notes from that seminar and read through them again.

Pondering that information, while watching things develop, has been a real eye opener for me.

Jack said that the problems were built into the system and they would play out badly over time.

He said you may be young now, but if you are still alive when this happens, you'll be old and your
best years, as far as health and productivity, will be behind you.

I was in my 30's then. I couldn't really grasp the things he was describing. It was a very different time.

But, he was right. I have lived to see the beginnings of the things that he described. And, it is coming down
just the way he said it would.

Somewhere I have the workbook from that seminar. I'm not sure that I want to find it.
Hi Ron,

Thanks - I'll try to find out more info on Jack Miller...

Sounds like he had some real insights into things...!

Imagine if you could know the future?

You can always do well for yourself (well, better than others), if you know the future, and others don't see it...

Of course, a lot of future predictors get it wrong...

Alvin Toffler predicted the decline of cities... However, from what I see, most cities seem to just keep getting bigger and bigger. On the other hand, from what I've read, many smaller towns (at least here in Australia) struggle to maintain their populations...

Of course, some cities have shrunk. Like Detroit (for example)...

How to make money from that? One way is to buy property in cities where the population is predicted to grow...

Thanks for sharing that, Ron... I'm keen to know more...!

Best wishes,

Dien
Old March 19, 2016, 11:50 AM
sandalwood

Default Re: Donald "Biff" Trump and Predisposed susceptibilites...

Darned good post. Speaking of Agora I too receive several free newsletters from these guys and, yes Dien, fear is their selling point.

So, let me add guns into the fear factor. Do you know how you can profit from guns w/o owning a single gun or bullet?

If you do, jump on it now. I think the window for upward appreciation is limited but it is still there. Especially if obummer issues his next gun control executive order.

Speaking of the Biffer and Clinton, most people don't know these are 2 peas in the same pod. One uses it via capitalist principles while the other uses it using political thug principles. Your job, should you chose to accept it, is to figure out which is which or who is who.

Oh, and I can't leave out The Bern, a true F****** idiot. He doesn't even know the principles exist. Mind you this is nothing political. It is simply taking their own statements and regurgitating them in a different set of words.

This is a fun forum. So much better than the WF, at least according to me.
Old March 19, 2016, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Default Biff, Billary or the Bern...I know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Darned good post. Speaking of Agora I too receive several free newsletters from these guys and, yes Dien, fear is their selling point.

So, let me add guns into the fear factor. Do you know how you can profit from guns w/o owning a single gun or bullet?

If you do, jump on it now. I think the window for upward appreciation is limited but it is still there. Especially if obummer issues his next gun control executive order.

Speaking of the Biffer and Clinton, most people don't know these are 2 peas in the same pod. One uses it via capitalist principles while the other uses it using political thug principles. Your job, should you chose to accept it, is to figure out which is which or who is who.

Oh, and I can't leave out The Bern, a true F****** idiot. He doesn't even know the principles exist. Mind you this is nothing political. It is simply taking their own statements and regurgitating them in a different set of words.

This is a fun forum. So much better than the WF, at least according to me.

Whomever the next President is going to be...

Americans are going to get what they deserve.

Which may be why guys like Bonner have escape retreats out of country???

GJA