SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 16, 2024, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Default 25 years later...a 1995.00 course.

I think it has been 25 years since I sat in Mike McGroarty's kitchen eating homemade cookies and doing a guerrilla video with Mike about online info publishing. Wow, it feels like yesterday.

Back then, Mike's boys were I think watching TV or playing somewhere else.

So, today was the closing day for Duston McGroarty's The Info Publishing 3.0 8-Week Coaching Program he offered for $1,995.00.

The 3.0 part, from what I can tell from the promotions is AI as a tool to generate your info content. Seems we have finally achieved Ben Suarez' 1993 vision of selling electrons, one day generated by a computer.

Duston shows in his promotions the COMPILATION style of info, citing Jerry Baker as one example, gardeners may recognize the name.

Anyhow, point is.

Since I wrote the NPGS UPDATE HOTLINE newsletter for SCI, which was just one of our INFO products, and over the last 3 decades have sold thousands of specialty reports, hotsheets, and newsletters (and so has Dien Rice)...I just want to point out...

Of all the money making ideas anyone has ever presented here...for someone who doesn't want to go out and sell or influence, or have meetings, sales presentations, lunch and dinner business meetings...

The Joe Karbo LAZY MAN'S way has proven unbeatable for online money making venture and my concept of Stored Value, has also proven time and time again, that information is one of the fastest, easiest, evergreen money making opportunities there is...

with one caveat...

MOST, will muck it up by overthinking, over complicating things and being perfectionists or abashed about their marketing. OK then, sorry for you if it applies.

It is great to see a "kid" who heeded Dad's example, and has carved out his own empire online.

Somewhere there is a young kid who is learning how to make AI do all of the work, and when he figures it out, his future INFO publishing empire will be working for him too.

Newsletters. Reports. HOTSHEETS. Nothing new. Except the 3.0, 4.0 and down the road the 11.0 versions of it.

As SowPub winds down, maybe the archives will be a legacy go to information center on how to create and sell the stored value you have in your brains.

Oh, and I don't feel the least bit sorry for those of you that haven't gotten around to it, just yet. Oh well...

On to the lottery, where dreams never die...and where at Lucky Al's, we meet at the corner of Math and Magic Streets.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Several years ago, I wrote the Bell Curve Flat Roof report on the lotteries.

I have recently started to develop a weekly HOTSHEET; Lucky Al's Lottery OHIO HOTSHEET...and hopefully it will be ready to roll out June 1, depending...on lots of things.

This weekly newsletter sent out every Sun. Eve to subscribers, who pay the 3.50 per mo. fee. My target is 500 subscribers for the Summer going into the fall. That will give me a gross of 1750 per mo of recurring income, if they maintain subscription, offered ONLY month to month, first come, first served.

This HOTSHEET will be my test, and if garners subscribers, then I will roll it out to other 50 state, province and territory lotteries, roughly at the same price.

The OHIO one is the template, and I may have an "affiliate" for each Hotsheet, depending on the tests go.

The OHIO HOTSHEET will focus on Pick 3, Pick 4 and Rolling Cash 5 with a weekly column also on the multistate lotteries, Megamillions, PowerBall and Lucky for Life...but not the data as is there for the Ohio games.

How will I get subscribers? I'll have a revised Bell Curve Report posted at Gumroad for $19.99 and also a special, if they come via a special link, where they can get it for 2 bux, and that 2 dollars goes to the link sender, hopefully, Ohio Facebook group admins.

The report will offer the subscription, for less than two tickets in the Multistate draws...so at 3.50 per month...I hope it will be a Why Not? purchase.

I plan to make the HOTSHEET entertaining, featuring a weekly article, moon cycles, horoscopes, mailbag (subscribers writing in), and classified ad section where almost anything goes. Almost anything.

The Ohio template will be used for future HOTSHEETS, NY, PA and IL being the first three to be added. I will give a bonus to the "affiliate" for hitting certain subscription numbers.

Anyhow, this is my last information project (although collaboration is still on the table)...and Entertainment and Gaming are evergreen markets with tons of niches, I just happen to play the lottery, so that is what I will stay with for now.

Any thoughts?

Gordon