SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old May 22, 2007, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Ben Suarez

I recently came across your website as I was searching for anything related to Ben Suarez. I came across his book 7 Steps to Freedom II and have read it twice.

I've been a real estate investor but really am a direct response marketing student. I've made a pact with myself to follow Ben's teachings starting with Step 2 Chapter 14. I'm putting together a short report just like he described and will test it small.

It seems there are advocates of Ben Suarez on this site. I'm tired of doing nothing - I'm ready to take action.

SCI is constantly advertising to this day and I study the ads when they come out.

Can someone tell me how I can learn even more about the Suarez way of marketing. And am I doing the right thing by testing this information report product.
Old May 23, 2007, 10:14 AM
Joetrevison

Default Re: Ben Suarez

You probably can see some of his great ads at http://www.hardtofindads.com

Try that. Let me know how it works for you. Direct markeing is ok for one steam of income. I have 5 words that can make you $50,000. Don't believe but get my free report of my clients that did and why they failed. I did with a joint Venture and I am doing ok. I have the ads and the business model for success.
Old May 23, 2007, 10:14 AM
MichaelWinicki

If you like Ben Suarez... get a hold of stuff put out by Vincent James.

Like Suarez, James is a Gary Halbert "disciple".

And while James' reputation isn't "lily-white" I'll vouch that his info-products are outstanding IF you're interested in that type of direct marketing where you're offering a product through the mail or space ads. Much of the info can also be easily applied to a web-only business.

Much of what James is or has done as far as product development and marketing probably follows in line with what Suarez has done at SCI and the folks are doing at Universal.
Old May 23, 2007, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetrevison View Post

Try that. Let me know how it works for you. Direct markeing is ok for one steam of income. I have 5 words that can make you $50,000. Don't believe but get my free report of my clients that did and why they failed. I did with a joint Venture and I am doing ok. I have the ads and the business model for success.
Old May 23, 2007, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

How do I get a copy of your free report?
Old May 23, 2007, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWinicki View Post
If you like Ben Suarez... get a hold of stuff put out by Vincent James.

Like Suarez, James is a Gary Halbert "disciple".

And while James' reputation isn't "lily-white" I'll vouch that his info-products are outstanding IF you're interested in that type of direct marketing where you're offering a product through the mail or space ads. Much of the info can also be easily applied to a web-only business.

Much of what James is or has done as far as product development and marketing probably follows in line with what Suarez has done at SCI and the folks are doing at Universal.
Old May 23, 2007, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Michael,

Thank you for the info. on Vincent James. I have heard of him.
Old May 23, 2007, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Joe, why not do all the forums you spam a favor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetrevison View Post

I have 5 words that can make you $50,000.

USE THOSE 5 WORDS ON YOURSELF.
Old May 23, 2007, 04:13 PM
Goldblogger

Default Yep, Vincent James Is Good!

I agree with Mike. Vincent James is good. There was a lot of meat in his product: "How I Made 77 Million In 2 Years -- And You Can Too!"

I loved the section on guarantees in which he suggests mimicking Charleton Sheets "30 day in-home trial offer". That tactic gave me a nice bump on my conversion rate for one of my high-end courses -- and the returns have remained the same (ie. net profits increased).

Cashflow has been restricted because now I am dealing with payments, but that is the trade off.

Aloha,

Jason Cain
Old May 23, 2007, 06:55 PM
MichaelWinicki

Default I Swear Many Business Owners Would Rather Not Do Business!

Props to you Jason for offering the payment plan...

Honest to God I get so frustrated with business owners that give "criteria" after "criteria" on how they do not want to do business with people like:
1. "I won't offer a payment plan."
2. "I won't supply a phone number for people to reach me-- and if I do decide there will be a number it will just be a bullshat phone number where the customer can leave a message and then I'll get back to them when I want too!"
3. "I don't want to carry inventory."
4. "I don't want to ship products."
5. "I don't want to offer free trials."
6. "I don't want to spend money for marketing."
7. "I don't want to carry product 'xyz'."

Well guess what?

Every time you use a "I don't want" when describing your business model you've just gone a long way to limit your success...

I think a lot of folks should hear that.