SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old January 7, 2013, 10:54 AM
Eva

Default Re: Kindle Step II

So I have been taking notes left and right from all my Kindle research, got about 30 pages so far and still not halfway through all the material I have available on the subject. Once done, that will obviously be a book, lol. However, I feel that no matter how complete that book will be, I should not even attempt to sell it because, duh, I need to publish at least one first myself.

After that, I can start promoting my Kindle book. So, I would have to write another book for my publishing to Kindle experience and that is another project in itself. Anyhow, I am pushing forward, realizing nothing happens overnight. If I can publish 1-2 a month on a continious basis, I might make enough to pay my bills, maybe more but I am not expecting to strike it rich.

What also crossed my mind more than once, is to teach others how to do their own Kindle book but teaching in the old-fashioned way of actually having students presents in the same room! A class in other words. And on the subject of having a class is where I need your help.

Where/what/when/how much and so on. Please do chime in,

Eva
Old January 7, 2013, 11:59 AM
Steve MacLellan

Default Use Google Hangout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
What also crossed my mind more than once, is to teach others how to do their own Kindle book but teaching in the old-fashioned way of actually having students presents in the same room! A class in other words. And on the subject of having a class is where I need your help.

Where/what/when/how much and so on. Please do chime in,

Eva

I think if you were to limit the class to those who can attend some sessions at your house, you would be limiting the income you could make.

You could take students from anywhere, and offer the instruction via Goggle Hangout. Then once you were finished, Goggle can publish the video of you and your students to your blog. You make that post password protected and give the password to your students. They can then go in and review the lesson, and questions can be posted in the comments section -- much better than having them email you questions, because you only have to answer the question once and then everyone can see it.

If you haven't heard of Google Hangout, I have a post about that on my blog, that will let you view a demo, and has links to get you started. Best of all -- Goggle Hangout is free, and won't cost you a penny. And... you can repeat the process with different classes

You can see the post here:
http://50alone.com/hangout-with-frie...-family-online

Hope this helps -- and I wish you the best of luck!

Regards,
Steve MacLellan
Old January 7, 2013, 01:25 PM
Eva

Default Re: Use Google Hangout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MacLellan View Post
I think if you were to limit the class to those who can attend some sessions at your house, you would be limiting the income you could make.

You could take students from anywhere, and offer the instruction via Goggle Hangout. Then once you were finished, Goggle can publish the video of you and your students to your blog. You make that post password protected and give the password to your students. They can then go in and review the lesson, and questions can be posted in the comments section -- much better than having them email you questions, because you only have to answer the question once and then everyone can see it.

If you haven't heard of Google Hangout, I have a post about that on my blog, that will let you view a demo, and has links to get you started. Best of all -- Goggle Hangout is free, and won't cost you a penny. And... you can repeat the process with different classes

You can see the post here:
http://50alone.com/hangout-with-frie...-family-online

Hope this helps -- and I wish you the best of luck!

Regards,
Steve MacLellan

I really appreciate you alerting me to this new way of doing things and I will defenitely check it out. I was not planning to hold classes at my house though, I was planning to rent a club house at a local upscale manufactured home community (not a trailer trash park, lol).

Your suggestion and my clarification of a potential location will draw different animals though so maybe I can do both, thanks again, Eva

Edit: WOW, Hangout, what an amazing tool! Also, when I looked at your site, seems like 50+ is your market, guess I fit right in (I'm 56, lol). The possibilities with that tool are endless! Adding the 50+ angle to it gives me a whole bunch of ideas, especially since I live in the middle of the National Forest myself. Off to further research....

Last edited by Eva : January 7, 2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: added
Old January 11, 2013, 11:25 PM
Bozo

Default Re: Kindle anyone?

Quote:
For the longest time, I have totally ignored the "Kindle Revolution" or whatever you might call it. I have seen at the WF that some IM'ers swear by it, by saying having their own Kindle book published makes them an "authority". Bah, humbug, as Don might call it but, is there some truth to it?

In what way, besides trying to sell a gazillion copies of your own Kindle book, what would you do?

Eva

Our resident BS'er Gordon has joined the Kindle revolution with his first kindle book. I mention this because I designed and produced his cover, and am willing to make covers for others. Email or PM me for particulars.

Old January 12, 2013, 11:01 AM
Steve MacLellan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
I mention this because I designed and produced his cover, and am willing to make covers for others. Email or PM me for particulars.

Nice looking design. I borrowed it and made this for you and Gordon. Feel free to download it and use it however you wish.

Regards,
Steve

Old January 23, 2013, 04:36 PM
Eva

Default Re: Kindle overkill

Just an update, still going for it and overwhelmed by it. Got notes left and right and it is just too much. Since I have not published a Kindle book myself, maybe that is the problem so I am now contemplating that, nothing more,

Eva
Old January 24, 2013, 01:34 AM
Cornell

Default What is over whelming

Quote:
Just an update, still going for it and overwhelmed by it. Got notes left and right and it is just too much. Since I have not published a Kindle book myself, maybe that is the problem so I am now contemplating that, nothing more,

Eva

Hi Eva:

What is over whelming you?....the writing of the book or Kindle?

Maybe we can help.

Cornell
Old February 7, 2013, 01:49 AM
kerryrentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
That was my exact thought as well.

The volume of traffic at Amazon must be beyond imagination.

Book prices of .99 to 2.99 must seem like giveaways to customers, and result in a large volume of sales. I know I don't blink at buying a 2.99 book. I bought a 6.99 book today just to see what a best seller looks like on the inside. Kid book.

Amazon is an outstanding trustworthy website where daily billions of visitors arrived and getting amazing affordable deals for every kind of products. Amazon is doing great business for that and now, they launched them official Amazon Kindle tablet. So, it's very exciting for me to see this and now rumours are spreading that they are launching Kindle fire 2.
Old February 11, 2013, 10:05 AM
Steve MacLellan

Default Book is free again

Hi Folks,

Just an update, this book is listed for free again for the next 24-48 hours.

Regards,
Steve

Quote:
There is a post on my blog about Canadian author Cheryl Kaye Tardif who shares her story of how she made over $42,000 in one month selling the Kindle books she wrote through the Amazon KDP Select program. In a recent update she says she made $200,000 in just over 9 months.

http://50alone.com/42000-in-1-month-...-kindle-ebooks

There is also a link in the post to download her Kindle book of exactly how she has done it. This is an Amazon promotion and these books are usually only free for 24-48 hrs. I just checked and this one is still free.

I would give you a review of it, but I didn't download it. I don't have the time to spend writing, and don't have the desire either.

Regards,
Steve MacLellan
Old February 11, 2013, 02:06 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Thanks, Steve!

Quote:
Hi Folks,

Just an update, this book is listed for free again for the next 24-48 hours.
Thanks Steve!

I "bought" it and am looking forward to reading it...

Here's a link to the author's page on Amazon. You can see her book, "How I Made Over $42,000 in 1 Month Selling My Kindle eBooks," if you scroll down the page...

http://www.amazon.com/Cheryl-Kaye-Tardif/e/B002C4V542

Best wishes,

Dien