SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 17, 2024, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Default Great example of Bell Curve Flat Line.

Thanks to Millard, I looked into the MO lotteries and the Show me Cash game, which is like my Rolling Cash 5 in Ohio, pick 5 from 39.

A nice thing the MO. lottery did was show frequencies, from 5700 drawings, going back 16 years.

There isn't even a 2% difference in the frequency of any of the numbers drawn in a range of 11.1 to 14.0 %...on a chart, this would be the FLAT LINE, where over long periods of time, random numbers tend to level, and this is a perfect example of it.

Now look at just the month of March, the last completed and compare those numbers with the flat line, and you see a bell curve. So this becomes the forecaster, and where most players go wrong, they play cold or DUE numbers when all the states show that playing the hottest numbers in a short period of time is a better play.

The exception is when a number hasn't been drawn for a month 62 draws in twice daily pick 3 games. Recently in OHIO, that was the number 6 in the last digit XX6...so I played as many combos as I could afford and actually won on 566 and X66 which returned about 10x investment.

It is nice these states gives us all these stats, math is good, but when combined with LUCK then winner, winner chicken dinner.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Best bets for lottery, knowing first and foremost...

There is no such thing as a winning lottery system (I have them all, Ken Silver, Gail Howard, Steve Player, et al, etc.).

But there is MATH: tracking, probability, regression, wheeling, and with a bit of Magic (luck?)...one can play smarter.

Straight bets are hard, so you learned the power of the box/back-up play, and with wheels and double digits, which in Ohio are close to a 25% draw rate...it is easier to collect, IF, one doesn't need to, nor spends what they can't afford to lose.

I do not touch scratch off tickets, would rather throw money out my window. Also, no Keno, nor progressives...Pick 3, Pick 4 and in OH, Rolling Cash 5 (5 of 39)...all the rest are for suckers.

I have a 10 dollar a day budget for Rolling Cash 5, although, I may go 20 days into the month without a play, very chart oriented and although I have yet to win the 100k, I often have 4 numbers wheeled for 300 dollars each, so a good play might yield 1200 to 1500 for a 30 dollar play.

With Pick 3, double digits are my bread and butter, 11, 66 and 22 have done very well for me, an added bonus for Ohio players is we can play only 2 digits, so a 66x, 6x6, x66 play of 1.50 pays 25 if it comes in...that allows for about 15 draws, with about 3 or 4 double digits drawn.

Anyhow, I play it as a fun hobby/business...in other words, as long as it pays for itself, and once in awhile gives me some moolah, it remains fun and entertaining. I learned long ago, not to get greedy, or to think that I know anything about beating the lottery...HA!

But a few Xtra thousand dollars a year from a hobby, keeps me in the game.

Gordon

P.S. In MO, I would track Show Me Cash mostly, it appears to be a good game to play.

So, I took a quick gander and saw in MO for the last 3 months, no single digits were drawn in the Show Me Cash Game for 8 times in Jan., 8 times in Feb., 9 in March, and so far 5 in April.

No 30's were drawn 7 times in Jan., 6 times in Feb., 9 times Mar., and so far only 2 times in April, so my attention would be on wheeling numbers up to 29, and maybe something like one single digit and the rest up to 29 or 2 single digits up to 29. Keep a lookout.