SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old July 18, 2007, 07:29 PM
Joetrevison

Default Re: Announcement 1: The Secret Life Of Michael Ross

It is Affirmations with action or it does not work, it is that simple. I don't know if the secret tells you that. C.W Stone told us that a long time ago. Action, People.
Old July 19, 2007, 11:10 AM
SteveSki

Default Re: Don't Fall For Logic Fallacies

Gee Michael, I try to drag you into a pissing contest but you're to smart to fall for it. Good for you! I do appreciate what you are saying and I must admit that your logic is sound.

In the "Success Factor" you make a darn good case where you said...

"This shows the POWER of (X). It forced them to achieve something they didn't believe they could. (so much for needing belief, as the gurus say, right?)"

I must agree that the (X) factor you reveal in your report is a real secret that works for those who use it. Now some may say that there are no secrets. But if you know it and they don't... it's a secret. And those you don't know your (X) secret would be wise to invest in your "Success Factor".

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski
www.AntiquePhotographyBusiness.com
Old July 19, 2007, 09:04 PM
Duane Adolph

Default Re: Where does Manny make his money?

Hi Phil,

Thanks for expanding the geographic scope of my thinking.

Small towns and waterfront property sound like a great longer term investment approach.

I like your idea about talking to seniors and getting
their life knowledge in regard to real estate. I do this frequently in other
areas. Shaves years off the darn learning curve LOL.

"BC eh?" Aaall the way at the other end of the country.

Hmm I guess when it comes to purely R.O.I ... geographic location is irrelevant.

Thanks for the tips and links Phil

Duane Adolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Duane,

Here's another one to throw into the swing of things.
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3768

Phil

Last edited by Duane Adolph : July 19, 2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old July 19, 2007, 11:18 PM
Duane Adolph

Default First there was LEE then there was ROSS

Bruce Lee explained the power of being fluid with "The Water Metaphor."

"Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless--like water.
Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup,
You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle,
You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Now water can *flow* or it can *crash*!
Be water, my friend."

THEN there was Michael Ross who explained the power of Infrastructure with "The Ripple Effect Metaphor:"

"Infrastructure is moving into the areas - and there is also The Ripple Effect.
Think a pebble in a pond and waves rippling out.
Think of those waves as Price Rise waves.
They start in close and gradually move out - along the infrastructure lines."

Hi Michael,

Thanks for all the great info on Manny's program.

I LOVE the Infrastructure method for finding Future Growth Areas because it is Simple and easily identifiable. I will be sure to look out for population growth as well.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts Michael.

Duane Adolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post
Duane,

Thanks for asking.

Manny makes his money when you Buy In to his program - and - when you have him create a Contract for you. He can create a CFD without you Buying In, but it costs you more money that way.

Don't quote me on this, but I think his prices are something like $250 for a contract when you Buy In and $500 if you don't. Either way, still cheaper than a normal lawyers creating one for you.

I've lived in 3 different cities in two different states and the single thing that comes Before ALL Growth is...

Infrastructure!

And the thing with Infrastructure is, the full effects can take years to happen.

A new two or three lane motorway into an area can create ten to fifteen years of growth.

The city I live in now, I have identified Two areas with Good Future Growth prospects. Both are... slightly out of the city (not too far to travel to work daily) and both are benefiting from Infrastructure Improvement and Planned Infrastructure Improvement.

Without infrastructure - and I am referring to roads and rails and transport stuff - it's hard for people to move to those areas. Give them quicker transport and the place will take off.

Just today I was speaking to an old friend I haven't seen in 18 years. He was telling me all about the suburb we used to live in back then. There are two new motorways into the area and a new train line. And as a result, what was a no growing to slow growing place is now taking off. And much of the surrounding countryside is now ALL housing estates. The major shopping center has doubled in size, the town center shopping center has also expanded, as have some of the clubs. (A far cry from when I lived there and a major developer had to offload 3/4 of the development to the Govt Welfare Housing because he couldn't find anyone to buy it!)

I used to work at Australia's Wonderland - think Canada's Wonderland for a idea. The place closed in 2004 and was demolished in 2005, but there is now motorway access into that neck of the city and things have gone gangbusters. What used to take around 2 hours to travel into the city, now takes around 30 minutes.

It also helps if the population of the city is growing. For that you'll need to contact your local authorities.

And through it all, you'll need to keep your finger on the pulse of what's going on in your city. The two main areas I have identified were not viable 15 years ago. But now they are. As is a Third area that *I* avoid because everyone is talking about it - so prices are already artificially higher than they would be (still okay for most people to invest but *I* can get better bang for my buck elsewhere).

You could say, if the area was not viable 15 years ago but is now, doesn't that mean it was viable back then?

Well no, because no-one wanted to live there, the place was stagnating, prices were dead flat and places were empty for months at a time (even with dirt cheap rent and one month's free rent). No infrastructure was planned at the time.

But things change. And since then, infrastructure has occurred. Just enough to make the places viable but not enough to drive the prices through the roof, yet. But over the next five to ten years, things in those areas will be skyrocketing.

For example: Most housing in the city is $350k++. But just 30 minutes drive into those two areas and you can buy condos and townhouses for $130k to $180K and houses for $190k - $240k with rents around 5.2% or better. (You cannot find a condo or townhouse within 20 minutes of the city for under $250k, so these places are little goldmines.)

Infrastructure is moving into the areas - and there is also The Ripple Effect. Think a pebble in a pond and waves rippling out. Think of those waves as Price Rise waves. They start in close and gradually move out - along the infrastructure lines.

In this country, some smaller rural towns Seem like good places to invest. But what drives those prices is other investors and not true Living Demand. I avoid such artificial Flavor of The Month investing.

Anyway. MY experience tells me, New as well as Upgraded infrastructure points you in the direction of Future Growth. But make sure your city's population is also growing.

Michael Ross
Old July 19, 2007, 11:40 PM
Duane Adolph

Default Wow Gordon What a Trip ...

Wow Gordon What a Trip ...

Thanks for the REAL LIFE Example of the Infrastructure concept.

I WENT to the google hybrid map (What a Cool Tool)

I FOUND those HUGE Estate like houses on Ledgeview Drive.

I ZOOMED in...

I think YOUR favorite homes are now MY new favorite homes.

Those are NOT houses. Those are Estates!

Your Telling me that THOSE house prices have Double AND Tripled
in value. WOW. THAT is powerful demonstration of the Infrastructure concept.

VERY POWERFUL example.

Thank You for taking me on that Journey.

And you are right.

They DO NOT Fly LOW! ...

But ... Are you Suuure they are not NOW collecting the dough ?? :->

Thanks for the profitable journey Gordon!

Duane Adolph

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Hi Duane,

If you want to SEE this concept, spend a few minutes and

Go to google maps. Type in Boston Heights, OH 44236

Use the HYBRID map. Find Rt 8 and Interstate 80. OK you are there.

You'll see a golf course on the corner of E. Hines Hill Rd and Rt. 8. That course CLOSED this year.

What is happening here is that from 303 to the South on Rt. 8 to Rt. 82 is being transformed into a 4 lane highway. Rt. 8 "Expressway" ends at 303.

So this whole 10 mile strip is being turned into an expressway. This whole area is getting NEW water, gas lines, electric...in other words, NEW infrastructure. And the surrounding communities are UPDATING theirs.

OK. If you look to the West of Rt. 8, between Boston and Alexanders...you'll find properties that have doubled and tripled in price in the last 18 months. AND, there are some small apt. complexes that will be filled UP in the coming months as the business section booms.

Rt. 82 and Rt. 8 in Macedonia has become one of those Retail Centers that draws people in. With the NEW expressway coming "online" in the next couple of years, we can confidently say that the RE market in that area is still BOOMING...while surrounding areas are still glutted with homes for sale.

IF you know of an EXPRESSWAY project taking place, say North or West of Toronto for example...there might be some INFRASTRUCTURE work going on.

For FUN, find Matthews Thomas Park on OLDE Rt. 8 and zoom in on the homes to the west on Ledgeview Drive and Rockwood Cir and you'll see some of MY favorite homes in the area. Any thing in that area has appreciated at perhaps twice to three times as much as surrounding RE.

That's the power of INFRASTRUCTURE. New highways to prosperity.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. And most of the people who live on Ledgeview do NOT Fly Low and Collect the Dough. http://www.flylowcollectdough.com
Old April 28, 2008, 06:04 PM
-TW

Default Manny WHO? Manny WHERE?

I read the thread -- but didn't see Manny's last name or his iste.

Michael, please advise.

Thanks!

-- TW
Old April 28, 2008, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Default UPDATE Duane...since the thread got pulled out of archives..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Adolph View Post
Thanks for the REAL LIFE Example of the Infrastructure concept.

Duane Adolph

Duane,

Let me give you an update. On that map, just a couple of miles South on Rt. 8 you'll see Seasons road. They are building an exit there. So what?

Just this past week, the cities of Cuyahoga Falls, Stow and Hudson all signed a joint venture agreement, and a local hospital is going to build a new hospital at that intersection.

So what about the real estate? YEP, it's still one of the most desirable areas with some nice property, and very little at bargain, recession rates.

IF we had bought a house in this area when this post was originally posted, and we "flipped" it today...it would have turned a much higher than average profit. The state has committed millions of dollars to the INFRASTRUCTURE of this highway, cities have ponied up more millions with tax incentives to create an industrial zone...and once the new section of Rt. 8 gets finished, it opens up the East side of Cleveland to millions of people.

Just a mile or less off of this expressway in the making, are beautiful lots, older homes with acreage and some nice homes being built too. This area is as close to recession proof as it gets.

Infrastructure, it's the secret to look for still.

Gordon
Old April 30, 2008, 04:59 AM
MichaelRoss

Default Manny Here!

TW,

Thanks for asking about Manny.

Check your messages. In the meantime, here are saome details for you...

Name is Manny Protopapas. Has/had a website called nomoreredtape or something like that.

He offered a "real estate acquisition program". My quick search shows he was/is also associated with something called "Real Estate Funding Solutions". And the website of one of his associates is http://www.deletethebank.com

Michael Ross
Old April 30, 2008, 01:26 PM
Millard Grubb

Default Re: Thoughts on business

Steve,

You and I are both very fortunate to have wives that "noodge" us to keep on track. If my spouse did not have the experience of developing systems in the corporate world, I'd be in a real mess.

As to working a real job and doing something on the side, there is real value to that. When I started out in the performing business, I worked a full-time job and performed on the side.

The money I made allowed me to buy equipment, learn my craft, go to conventions, and have PLENTY of walking around money.

Sometimes, that's all some people need.

Cheers,

Millard
Old May 1, 2008, 04:48 AM
Bill

Default Re: Manny Here!

http://realestateacquisitionsmadeeasy.com/home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post
TW,

Thanks for asking about Manny.

Check your messages. In the meantime, here are saome details for you...

Name is Manny Protopapas. Has/had a website called nomoreredtape or something like that.

He offered a "real estate acquisition program". My quick search shows he was/is also associated with something called "Real Estate Funding Solutions". And the website of one of his associates is http://www.deletethebank.com

Michael Ross