SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Get the report on Harvey Brody's Answers to a Question-Oriented-Person

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 11, 2019, 02:18 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Thanks Gordon - great post!

Thanks Gordon - great post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
One concern about educated professionals when life gets tough...they have a hard time with mundane, low income projects, and want to JUMP back to where they were.
I think you're right...

However, this is a guy used to earning up to hundreds of bucks an hour. It's probably hard to go back to tens of bucks an hour! But, when your pockets are empty...

Quote:
A good POA might help. The fact your friend still has a car, well, he's ahead of most homeless folk.

The POA is a great tool... (You can find it at the Square One Workshops...)

Quote:
Then, as an attorney, he knows how to start eviction process, albeit, it may take a few months, he will have a place to stay, since he apparently owns the house his tenant lives in...if he loses it because he can't make his mortgage payment, well, the bright side, violent tenant is Bank's problem and he is free of the burden.

Ah, I wasn't clear. He was renting an apartment, and subleasing some of the rooms. When he had his own money problems, and on top of that, a couple of his tenants stopped paying him the rent for their rooms (or at least, not the full rent), he couldn't make the rent for the apartment, and they were eventually all evicted by the landlord.

Quote:
I agree with multiple income streams, which we both have advocated here since day one.
We talked about this. He did say one criticism he's received from people is that he's too narrow and specialized...

Quote:
When dire circumstances befall us, then it is time to DO WHATEVER it takes, as long as there is purpose and a goal.

Bad luck is overcome with FOCUSED hard work. Hope your friend has a good work ethic. Wish him well.
Wise words, Gordon!

Thanks!

I believe there's no doubt he'll get back on his feet...

Meanwhile, I've been helping him. He told me recently that he owes me for life...

Best wishes,

Dien