SOWPub Small Business Forums  
 

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Ordinary housewife makes $500,000+ a year in her spare time, using a simple idea, and her driveway!"

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

 

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Poll: GRpMJC
Poll Options
GRpMJC

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 23, 2003, 09:55 PM
Richie Carey
 
Posts: n/a
Default $100 to $500 in 24 Hours!

Hi all,

Clearly a spammy subject line, but actually a real question for everyone here. I'm writing an article called 'How To Turn $100 into $500 in 24 Hours'...anyone care to share some million dollar ideas on the topic?

Thanks!!

Richie
  #2  
Old September 24, 2003, 04:48 PM
Brent Whinfield
 
Posts: n/a
Default Richie, You're NOT gonna believe this, but...

I just completed creating a mini-course dealing with JUST that subject.

Hi Richie,
There are an unbelievable number of brand new, freshly scrubbed, inexperienced (newbies - why do I dislike that word so?)Internet users plunging into the sink-or-swim Internet Marketing waters every single day.

I decided to publish a little mini-course which deals exactly with the subject of your post.

The goal is to help these people put a little quick change into their pockets to help them get settled.

Here is "Day Two" exactly as it is written in the mini-course, in answer to your request.

God bless.
Brent Whinfield
For the "rest of the mini-course" go to:
http://www.secretsrevealed.com/goldengoose

THE SECRET GOLDEN-GOOSE METHODS TO MAKING
MONEY WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS!

Published By: Brent Whinfield
of
http://www.secretsrevealed.com/thousandaire

Day 2 - of A Five-Day Mini eCourse



Today's Lesson:
HOW TO INSTANTLY PROFIT FROM BOO-BOOS!



Let's first examine the problem - it's a common problem. Many
commercial websites these days have a hundred or more pages. Portals
and heavy information-based sites often boast thousands of links.

The larger enterprises have staff whose only job is ensure the smooth
running and maintenance of the site.

However, there are literally millions of websites that have slowly grown
over the years, and yet is operated by a single individual.

Here's an opportunity to earn quick cash.

Here's what well-known Internet guru, Markus S. Allen recently
had to say, "About 6 months ago, a subscriber found 3 spelling
mistakes and an invalid Web site link on my new Web site. He
e-mailed me about it and asked me to send him $5 via PayPal
to reveal the mistakes and fixes.

Within minutes, I zapped the payment to him. His letter
certainly got my attention... especially mention of the
invalid Web site reference. After all, if visitors to my
site can't navigate, it's money out of my pocket.

It was the best $5 investment..."

Over a period of time many of these site experience broken links for
one reason or another. It could be that a page no longer exists. It could
be that the image, audio, video, link to another site, etc. no longer work.

This means that any visitor who clicks there will get the dreaded "404
not found" display. No webmaster likes that. Everyone tries to avoid that
at all cost. This could substantially hurt business.

Updating thousands of pages is laborious work...I know, I run a content
rich website. It's a real pain!

Xenu to the rescue!
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

(Of course I have NO affiliate with this marvellous software)

Xenu is a wondeful software that analyzes a website quicker than you
can say, "Broken Links Quicker Fixer- Upper." The first great news is
that it's fast...blazingly fast. The second great news is...IT'S FR*E!

* Xenu's Link Sleuth (TM) checks Web sites for broken links

* Link verification is done on "normal" links, images, frames, plug-ins,
backgrounds, local image maps, style sheets, scripts and java applets.
It displays a continously updated list of URLs which you can sort by
different criteria.

PLUS

* Simple, no-frills user-interface
* Can re-check broken links (useful for temporary network errors)
* Simple report format, can also be e-mailed
* Executable file less than 500K
* Supports SSL websites ("https:// ")
* Partial testing of ftp and gopher sites
* Detects and reports redirected URLs
* Site Map

It's a snap to input a URL (any URL) into your browser, and just press
the go button. Then presto, Xenu brings you back results in
"make-your-head-spin" speed.

Now here's what to do. Send a nice polite letter to your prospect
explaining that you've found a large number of broken links on his site.
Be sure to send a small sample of the many links found. Xenu does a
great job of either displaying the list in regular text, or as an email.

Explain to the prospect that he could either ignore this little tip,
and then labouriously search for each and every one of the thousands
of broken links himself...

or

He could pop a measely $10. into your PayPal account for a full
comprehensive report which will be rushed off to him by email.

If you do about 20 analysis per day (this is easy...remember Xenu
examines and then compiles data at the speed of lightening).

You're almost guaranteed to make anywhere from $50. - $150.
daily.

Try it...you'll like it. (Oops! I'm dating myself :-)

I hope you profit bountifully from this information. Until tomorrow
(Day 3) when we'll discuss "The Treasure Chest of Trade Secrets."

Until then, may God richly bless you.
Brent Whinfield
http://www.secretsrevealed.com/thousandaire
The Software Thousandaire Video Course
"Making ordinary people rich without programming know-how"

> Hi all,

> Clearly a spammy subject line, but actually
> a real question for everyone here. I'm
> writing an article called 'How To Turn $100
> into $500 in 24 Hours'...anyone care to
> share some million dollar ideas on the
> topic?

> Thanks!!

> Richie
  #3  
Old September 24, 2003, 06:17 PM
Boyd Stone
 
Posts: n/a
Default I love that idea! + Questions

Hi,

Would such an offer be considered Spam? Could the webmaster you approach hammer you in some way? Would there be an advantage to setting up a domian purely for email purposes?

Thanks very much for posting that, dude!

Best,

- Boyd
  #4  
Old September 24, 2003, 09:46 PM
mario
 
Posts: n/a
Default It takes guts but it's not spam.

This would not be considered spam because it
wasn't sent by a machine, and it relates exactly
to something about the one particular site it's
been sent to.

Typically, spam is the same message sent to a
(large) random list. With trivial content with
regards to whom it's sent to.

This is my opinion and has no legal value...

mario
http://do-your-idea.com
  #5  
Old September 25, 2003, 09:37 AM
Richie Carey
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Richie, You're NOT gonna believe this, but...

> I just completed creating a mini-course
> dealing with JUST that subject.

Thanks very much, this is a great idea!!

Richie
  #6  
Old September 25, 2003, 11:17 AM
Brent Whinfield
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I love that idea! + Questions

Hi Boyd,
Thanks for responding.
I can understand your concern.
We have to be extremely
cautious these days when it
comes to the subject of spam.

However, you can rest assured
that your email will NOT be
considered spam.

Why?

Simply because you're offering
a customized service for that
particular website.

You obviously took the time
to visit, and scrutinize the
site before using your
trusty Xenu.

You're also offering a
valuable service for a
reasonable amount of
money.

The webmaster understands
all of this. He may, or
may not accept your offer.
But he certainly WOULDN'T
consider it spam.

Mario is quite correct when
he says this definitely is
not spamming.

The beauty of this is, if you
set aside a minimum of fours
hours daily to do this, you'll
enjoy a very nice income.

This is just my way of giving
back, and to say thank you to
all the many individuals here
who have posted helpful info.

I believe it's imortant for us
all to share helpful info.

God bless.
Brent Whinfield
What happened to the Golden Goose
After He Laid All Those Golden Eggs?
http://www.secretsrevealed.com/goldengoose

> Hi,

> Would such an offer be considered Spam?
> Could the webmaster you approach hammer you
> in some way? Would there be an advantage to
> setting up a domian purely for email
> purposes?

> Thanks very much for posting that, dude!

> Best,

> - Boyd
  #7  
Old September 26, 2003, 07:27 PM
Dave
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I love that idea! + Questions

Hey Brent,

Send five dollars to my PayPal account and I'll tell you about an error on your website,LOL.
http://www.secretsrevealed.com/goldengoose
has the closing (/html) tag missing.

Did you do that on purpose. New testing method.
Clever very clever.

Thanks for the great info I want to look at your website please email a link you have a new follower. Thanks again.

Dave Lantz

Hi Boyd,
> Thanks for responding.
> I can understand your concern.
> We have to be extremely
> cautious these days when it
> comes to the subject of spam.

> However, you can rest assured
> that your email will NOT be
> considered spam.

> Why?

> Simply because you're offering
> a customized service for that
> particular website.

> You obviously took the time
> to visit, and scrutinize the
> site before using your
> trusty Xenu.

> You're also offering a
> valuable service for a
> reasonable amount of
> money.

> The webmaster understands
> all of this. He may, or
> may not accept your offer.
> But he certainly WOULDN'T
> consider it spam.

> Mario is quite correct when
> he says this definitely is
> not spamming.

> The beauty of this is, if you
> set aside a minimum of fours
> hours daily to do this, you'll
> enjoy a very nice income.

> This is just my way of giving
> back, and to say thank you to
> all the many individuals here
> who have posted helpful info.

> I believe it's imortant for us
> all to share helpful info.

> God bless.
> Brent Whinfield
> What happened to the Golden Goose
> After He Laid All Those Golden Eggs?
> http://www.secretsrevealed.com/goldengoose
  #8  
Old September 29, 2003, 03:36 PM
Brent Whinfield
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: I love that idea! + Questions

Hi Dave,
I really ought to send you five bucks.
You have eagle eyes, my friend.

No, I didn't do that on purpose.

It would have been a good idea though.

Thanks for the heads up and the compliment.

I appreciate it.

God bless.
Brent
http://www.secretsrevealed.com/thousandaire

> Hey Brent,

> Send five dollars to my PayPal account and
> I'll tell you about an error on your
> website,LOL.
> http://www.secretsrevealed.com/goldengoose
> has the closing (/html) tag missing.

> Did you do that on purpose. New testing
> method.
> Clever very clever.

> Thanks for the great info I want to look at
> your website please email a link you have a
> new follower. Thanks again.

> Dave Lantz

> Hi Boyd,
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Other recent posts on the forum...


Seeds of Wisdom Publishing (front page) | Seeds of Wisdom Business forum | Seeds of Wisdom Original Business Forum (Archive) | Hidden Unusual Business Ideas Newsletter | The Great Ideas Letter on CD | Hotsheet Profits | The Art of Leverage | The Success Report | Persuade via Remote Influence | Writer's Friend (software) | Affia Band | The Entrepreneur's Hotsheet | The SeedZine (Entrepreneurial Ezine) | The Fly Low Collect Dough Update Hotline

Get the report on Harvey Brody's Answers to a Question-Oriented-Person


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.