SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old April 9, 2013, 04:16 PM
LindaC

Default Re: Hey Sows! Here's MY "Retirement" program

Hi Sowpubers,
LindaC. here.

Would greatly appreciate your thoughts/comments concerning this model that Don has chosen as a retirement vehicle.

My Best 2 U,
LindaC
Old April 9, 2013, 06:32 PM
RickC

Hi Dien and Don!

This is a great model to offer local businesses. One other thing to keep in mind: you can direct all the leads possible to a business, just make SURE when they get the lead, that the person answering the phone, the FIRST contact, is trained well to convert or qualify even further. That is pivotal or else our effort is for nothing.

Rick
Old April 9, 2013, 08:14 PM
c.t.coburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash4notes View Post
Here' s has been my experience with Video Marketing:

Clients either just don't get or they want the listing for next to nothing.
I never come anywhere near the 1k a month fee per client and i have
listings in the top 50 Cities in the U.S. by population.

Well .. gosh .. still sounds like a great program if you ONLY earned $100 a month

thanks for posting Don

Last edited by Dien Rice : April 9, 2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: fixed formatting
Old April 9, 2013, 08:49 PM
LindaC

Hi Rick,
LindaC. here.

Thanks for your suggestion/advice. Will keep it in mind.

My Best. 2 U,
LindaC
Old April 10, 2013, 01:51 PM
cash4notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaC View Post
Hi Cash4notes,
LindaC here.

Could you please add a little more to your post concerning taking a piece of the action?
¡What are we talking in terms of dollars and cents?

My Best 2 U,
LindaC

Hello, Linda
You would just want to get a piece of the actual deal instead of just selling a lead for $25, if you makes a sale @ $2,000 you get a piece @ 10% so that
instead of making $25 you made $200.
Old April 10, 2013, 02:33 PM
LindaC

Hi cash4more,
LindaC here.

Thanks for your post. The reason I'm interested in this
method is last year I had medical bills that totaled over
$200 thousand dollars.

So, this method (if it works) could be the financial medicine
I need.

My Best 2 U,
LindaC
Old April 10, 2013, 03:05 PM
cash4notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaC View Post
Hi Cash4notes,
LindaC here.

Could you please add a little more to your post concerning taking a piece of the action?
¡What are we talking in terms of dollars and cents?

My Best 2 U,
LindaC

Hello, Linda
You would just want to get a piece of the actual deal instead of just selling a lead for $25, if you makes a sale @ $2,000 you get a piece @ 10% so that
instead of making $25 you made $200.
Old April 10, 2013, 08:17 PM
midasman

Hey Linda...sorry to hear about your "medical" situation....NO! I REALLY AM!

In fact it was one of my buddies who, recently discovered, he has a "Medical Condition" which has already cost a bundle and more to come.

His wonderful wife contacted me and relayed the info. So....THIS prompted me to look into :

"HOW TO MAKE A "QUICK" 100k...AND MORE!...WITHOUT SPENDING MORE THAN $100!"

Well...I've been my own "boss" my whole life and I have been successful in;
1) Finding what people WANT
and then...
2) Finding a way to ...SELL them....what they WANT!

So....here we are in April of the year 2013. Take a look around. WHAT does your Dentist WANT! What does your Insurance Agent WANT! What does ANYONE in a business or profession WANT?

Yup Linda! YOU are a pretty Moxey Gal! And....you're right! They want MORE business!

Well....how can little ol' YOU....sell them what they WANT?

So...taking a look at what's happening in our country TODAY....April 10. 2013!

EXample: This morn my neighbor goes out to start his car and....NOTHING!! No Spark...NO sense of LIFE in the engine! So...he brings out a little plastic box from his shirt pocket....clicks around and finds a listing of local Auto Repair shops.

However...as I am getting into MY vehicle...I hear his VAIN attempts at trying to get his engine to turn over and....I yell over, "Hey Randy! Dial up Mobile Tune! They'll be over in a few minutes and can help you!"

So...he does! And...as I stand there, waiting to enter MY vehicle....waiting to see if he needs any assistance from me....in a few seconds, he looks over at me, gives a BIG Smile and a "Thumbs UP!"

Now....what you just witnessed was the "Modern-day"! A few yrs ago... Randy would have gone back inside his home....asked his wifee WHERE is the "Lousy" YELLOW PAGES? (Sorry, I got carried away. Randy is NOT that kinda guy)....then....flipped thru the pages under "Auto Repair" and found a whole bunch of full page, 1/2 page, 1/4 page ADS AND....lots of other Text Listings....chose one....gave them a call....etc!

Thus....we are NOW in the "Modern-Day" MOST business people realize that "Phone Books" have become a thing of the past.

So....why not provide a Service to businesses and Medicos that make THEM, STAND OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB! So THEY....are able to be FOUND....more easily and....as a result, get MORE calls?

MY "solution" is to provide an "instantly recognizable" BENEFIT to MY prospects!...causing them to instantly REALIZE; HEY! HOLY CAMOLY! I HAVE GOT TO GRAB THIS....NOW! I DON'T CARE WHAT THE COST!

So....Linda....I don't know what town you're in but, your "homework" for tonight is to...."Google"...."Dentist (town name)" or ...."Plumber (town name)" etc....

What you wil see, on the 1st page (forget about ANY listings after the 1st page, they are DEAD!"....is some "Paid" listings on top, then 3 listings (usually Directory things) then 7 more Biz listings HOWEVER....just take a minute to rear your head back and look at this page!

ALL you see is a bunch of TEXT! Nothing....that GRABS your eyeballs and give them a reason to FOCUS IN on a particular listing! NOTHING!

Now...as an example; go up to the Google box and type in "Tampa Windows" and when the screen comes up.....THINK about what you are looking at! (Pretend you are someone in Tampa FL interested in "windows" for their home)

Do YOU think....if YOU were living in Tampa....that YOU and MOST people interested in "Windows" would click on the box with the Full Color?

You betcha!

So....the people who are NOW providing these "Full Color Thumbnails" for certain KeyWords....are "naming their own numbers"!

YOU....dear Linda....NOW have a way to make some BIG Money...providing businesses, professionals and medicos with what they WANT!....MORE BUSINESS!

Sure...it's gonna take some digging and research and figuring (Hey! WE ALL had to go thru our own..."Due Diligence")....it's NOW your turn!

Do your DUE DILIGENCE! (That's what is STILL Great about our Country) And....(my suggestion)...do NOT WAIT until YOU feel you have ALL the info to get going! Screw It! Just "fumble forward"! GET STARTED! DO SOMETHING! Make contact with people who can write you a check!

Sure enuff....many...in the beginning will give you a "Raft of Crap"! DON'T let that phase you! Just count it off as part of your "Education"!

And....I guarantee....after making contact with potential "Check-Writers" ther WILL come a time when you will realize..."HEY! I GOT IT!"

So....Dear Linda....I do not have a "magic wand" I can wave over your head and say, "Here it is! Linda! On a Silver Platter!"

Nope! THIS is probaly the BEST marketing things I've seen in my many years and....I had to do MY "due deligence" before I realized I GOT IT!

Thus....my BEST to you and ....providing businesses, professionals and medicos with MORE BUSINESS....using THIS technique is worth EVERY MINUTE yoo spend on "Learning It"!

Don Alm.....STILL Learning
Old April 10, 2013, 11:11 PM
LindaC

Hello Don,
LindaC here.

Thank you, so very much for you taking your time to
Post such a wonderful and encouring post.

I plan on going forward with your model and seeing
it through to the bank.

Thank you once again for your words of encouragement.

My Best 2 U.
LindaC

Last edited by LindaC : April 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old April 11, 2013, 10:39 AM
midasman

What got me started on this last year was a program by "Aaron Kay" called "Simple Video Domination".

Go to the "Warriors Forum" and put his name into the "Search Box".

I think it was around $10 for the report. He also provides Templates for making the Videos for 10 niche markets. Get those too. (I'm not affiliated)

He suggests you pick a KeyWord (Tampa Roofer or Roofer Tampa)....make the video using Windows Movie Maker (I like PhotoStory3 because of the "Zoom" feature) ....just a simple 5 or 6 pages and you provide the background music (You can use YouTube's music selection)

Upload to your YouTube Channel then follow Aaron's instructions as to what to put into the Description (make sure KeyWord is entered 4 times) and Tags (Just use, "Tampa Roofer Roofer Tampa") and....get "Views" and "BackLinks". Also go to "BulkPing.com"...."mass-ping.com" and "PingFarm.com".

Now...depending on your area, your Video should be on the 1st page of G within a few minutes or at most a few hrs.

Oh....try and choose a Thumbnail with a "Person" in it.

Then...when you Video is on Page One....phone the businesses in THAT niche. Tell them to Google "Tampa Roofer" and take a look at your Video. Tell them THEY could be there collecting all those Leads.

Aaron suggests staring with $100/mo which is OK. As you get better and have more clients you can charge more, especially with High-Ticket biz. You could also charge an initial "Video Fee" like $297.

Also....you don't have to give ONE Roofer the entire area. Make a Video for each Town with it's own KeyWords (Suburb1 Roofer, Suburb2 Roofer, etc) with a different Thumbnail for each. That way you could have 5 or 6 Roofers paying you each month...or ONE paying you for each Town.

And....you could offer discounts for 6 mos in advance (knock off 1 pmt) or 12 mos and pay for 10 (knock off 2 mos)

Anyway....the idea is to get competing businesses to SEE your Video sitting there on Page One and let their "Greed Glands" go to work.

My best to you,
Don Alm

Ohhh a Warrior who also has a Great Course on this and Videos that have Voice Overs is "David Cisneros"....and "Nick Mann" (or he might go by "Nick Mancuso")