SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 23, 2020, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Default I'm not sure what the data would really say, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
I know this can be a very general question.

However, I am selling non priority items:

- jewlery for women;
- fashion braclets for men.

I am running ADS only at weekends, is when I notice I get better results.

The previous weekend to this past one (the days 10 and 11 October weekend) worked very well for men bracelets fashion.

This last one weekend worked very well for women jewlery.

There is any psychology here?

My own first impression conclusion:

- Men are worst on managing money, so at the beginning of the month (maybe the beginning of the month is until day 15 or 20 of each month) they do impulse purchases and have some money to spend on secondary items. What is left is what they pay the bills.

- Women are best on managing money, so at the beggining of the month they are more careful, after THEY pay the priority bills and items they spend what is left.

PROS what do you think of this observation?

Thank you.

I don't know. Maybe those with a ton of data collected would have some insights, but I can share my observations.

It is different today. Because, of being so connected, ALL THE TIME. I have observed that people of all ages, groups, niches make these kind of purchases more spontaneous than they used to.

Many who work at home, keep either their own computers on, or several windows open, and in between their "work", they shop and get entertained.

Again, no data to support this, but the timing isn't as important as the offer...if someone sees something they want NOW, they buy now. Far less need to wait until payday, or any given time of the month, because of easy payments, credit and bargains.

Oct. 13 and 14, PRIME days sold millions of dollars of stuff, and it doesn't appear to have any time links to it. Just BARGAINS galore.

But any given marketer would have to rely on their own data, if it is deep enough and a sufficient amount to draw conclusions from.

I could be wrong, but if a man or a woman of any age sees a piece of jewelry they want, they will buy it then.

I also think those old mail order rules, laws and methods are of very little use today, other than the math, which is always good to have and use.

Gordon