SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Old June 27, 2012, 07:49 PM
Adman

Default Re: Jason Hatchett

Edited because Don Alm violates the rules of the forum.

Last edited by GordonJ : July 1, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old June 27, 2012, 10:27 PM
sandalwood

Default Re: How to turn 85 cents into a TWENTY DOLLAR bill in less than 3 minutes.

Don,

Your # 2, in part, says:

2) Why hasn't Boz tried going to Car Lots and cleaning Headlights for them.

I am NOT answering for Boz. I am tossing out a general answer I got from a guy in Reno NV who does headlight cleaning, detailing and other make a car look nice work. I cold called him about a website is how I got to talk w/him.

He said some of the car dealers have their own people so they don't outsource. Other car dealers just say no and the rest say yes. I don't know how good of a salesman he is so I don't know if he could turn some of the no's into yeses.

I have to imagine his experience isn't unique. From what I know about car dealers, they can be a cantankerous bunch and having autos w/clean headlights wouldn't be on their menu of services.

This doesn't mean it won't work. It means a guy has to work to make it work. Most Americans today don't want to work the work. They want someone to do it for them. The entitlement mentality in action.

Just my 2¢...
Old June 27, 2012, 11:02 PM
Bozo

Default Re: How to turn 85 cents into a TWENTY DOLLAR bill in less than 3 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Don,

Your # 2, in part, says:

2) Why hasn't Boz tried going to Car Lots and cleaning Headlights for them.

I am NOT answering for Boz. I am tossing out a general answer I got from a guy in Reno NV who does headlight cleaning, detailing and other make a car look nice work. I cold called him about a website is how I got to talk w/him.

He said some of the car dealers have their own people so they don't outsource. Other car dealers just say no and the rest say yes. I don't know how good of a salesman he is so I don't know if he could turn some of the no's into yeses.

I have to imagine his experience isn't unique. From what I know about car dealers, they can be a cantankerous bunch and having autos w/clean headlights wouldn't be on their menu of services.

This doesn't mean it won't work. It means a guy has to work to make it work. Most Americans today don't want to work the work. They want someone to do it for them. The entitlement mentality in action.

Just my 2¢...

Those who read the manual and watch the videos know that I go to car lots. The car lot in the manual paid me $175 for about an hour of work, which is documented in the manual.

My experience has been that used car dealers aren't in the business of selling cars, they're in the business of financing cars. Most of them couldn't care less what their cars look like. The few who have discovered that they can command a premium price for clean cars do put money into the cars. The trick is finding the ones who spend on their cars.

Some of them detail the cars, but the hands are so busy that they don't have time to do the headlights. Most of them are using the standard cleaning method that takes about an hour per car. They make more for an hour of detailing than an hour of headlight cleaning. That's why my 3 minute method pays off.

I invented my own method, after investigating and trying out dozens of methods. I started with the Mother's kit and built out from there. That kit works if you follow the directions. The results will last about 3 months, or two trips through the car wash. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I guarantee my jobs for two years.

I have never tried to convince anyone to get their headlights cleaned. If you have to convince someone, you've lost the battle before you started. Some people want it, some don't. So what? Next!
Old June 27, 2012, 11:17 PM
Bozo

Default Re: Had a Feeling, these type of issues would be Communicated with RenewNightVision...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Please post your Link(s), misc. information [Regarding] http://www.renewnightvision.com/ Affiliate Program, Re-Sellers, Licensing etc. etc...
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31124

Phil

Phil, I do appreciate your interest and suggestions. I don't always follow your drift, but I think you mean well in every instance.

I tried the affiliate thing with the original manual. I wasn't impressed with the results. There were two people that actually sold some manuals, but they were more on the order of JV than affiliate.

The two big affiliate zoos produced a ton of affiliate sign ups, wasted effort dealing with all that, and zero sales.

One fellow contacted me out of the blue, and said he could generate traffic with his great ideas blah blah...I told him to go for it and I would see if he produced traffic or sales because I track such things, and gave him access to view the traffic and sales stats himself. Offered him 50%, just like if he was an affiliate. Not one sale. Not only that, he produced almost no traffic.

So here's the deal. Produce sales and I share revenue. However you want to set it up. let me know. If it's fair for me as well as you, you have a deal.

The above 'you' is whoever is reading this, including Phil.
Old June 27, 2012, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Default I'm CURIOUS Don, do YOU even bother to read the threads?

In this THREAD and in his PROMOTION, Boz refers to going to the car lots.

Guess you didn't have the time to even read what this thread was referring to, did you?

As for Jason, he's a member in good standing, I assume, like all members, he pipes up when he has something to say, but, I'm sure Jason APPRECIATES you worrying and wondering about him.

Why not call him and ask him why he does or doesn't chime in?

just CURIOUS don, just curious

Gordon

PS Since you know that Boz uses a different chemical, it's obvious you've read his report...yet, you DIDN'T read it did you, cause he has VIDEOS in the manual of him at a car lot. Very Curious Don, very curious. Are you once again posting just to hear yourself talk?

Use the PM or email to talk to another member when you begin your WONDERING why they don't chime in, OK?

On a personal note, I've NEVER found it necessary to satisfy anyone's curiousity about what I do, but, hey, that's just ME. Some guys just GOTTA STICK THEIR noses into other people's business to satisfy their curiousity, RIGHT?

Last edited by GordonJ : June 28, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old June 29, 2012, 12:24 AM
Phil

Default Re: Had a Feeling, these type of issues would be Communicated with RenewNightVision...

Boz,

Much Appreciated and Thanks for the thoughts, comments and Offers...

I'll keep your Suggestions in Mind...

A [Plug] here and There is Sometimes All it Takes...

Hopefully!...

And Eventually, Product Developers are Supported Financially & FAIRLY...

In the Long-Term if that Makes Any Sense as Per Certain Unfortunate Situations with-in Some of the Negative internet Experiences & Situations...

{Encrypted} without Explaining Exactly For very Good reasons that I'm sure A Few Reading from Outside of the SowPub World will Understand and Do the Right Thing regarding the Subject I'm referring To in All HONESTY! ...

Phil
Old June 29, 2012, 10:26 AM
Adman

Default Gosh, at least you admitted you didn't read it Don

This post has been edited. Don Alm is no longer allowed to post at this forum.
The SowPub is NOW,
finally,

A DA BS FREE ZONE. YEA!!!

Last edited by GordonJ : June 30, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old June 29, 2012, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Gosh, at least you admitted you didn't read it Don

I'm surprised you haven't written a report about it yet Don.

You know, cleaning headlights hasn't been a secret. Its been going on since Auto Mfgrs switched to plastic and started coating the things.

As for DETAILING cars, GEORGE HAYLINGS, a wayyyyy back in the 50s wrote about car detailing...and in one of his reports, I believe, he talked about putting ADS ON PLACEMATS FOR RESTAURANTS.

Not much new out there.

Just because you FIRST heard about it from some report, doesn't mean it hasn't been around and written about before.

And there are literally TONS of information, and much information on the subject, just like there has been for selling ads on pizza boxes, etc.

Reminds of golfers, do they OWN just one book on the subject?

IF a person is interested in making money in a certain way, I would think they would want to KNOW as much about the subject as they can, especially from someone who is IN THE TRENCHES, DOING it day after day, I'm SURE you can appreciate that Don.

Just cause I have one report on MUG advertising, it didn't stop me from getting a couple more reports ON THE EXACT SAME SUBJECT...2008 isn't exactly the good old days...people have been detailing cars and renewing headlights for the last 20 years...2008 may have been when you came across it...but,

AGAIN, so what?

If anyone is interested in cleaning headlights as a money maker, I'd be the first person to BUY and/or get as many different perspectives and methods as you can...as long as the information comes from SOMEONE doing it.

And as I've witnessed Boz do it, he doesn't sell, he has never tried to convince someone...

I would think it would get tiring walking in the hot summer sun all day calling on businesses and trying to CONVINCE them to buy advertising...that is something where people definitely NEED to be convinced.

I think CARS are going to be around for some time.

I BELIEVE there will always be opportunity for people who want to "get their hands dirty" other than from the keyboard...

Whether they detail car (which I did over 30 years ago Don)...
clean it, wax it, fix the scratches, become the Dent King, replace transmissions, work on engines, refresh the smell, make tires look nice...

Anything and everything automotive...been around it for 50 years now Don, so I KNOW it can be very lucrative.

And doing PHYSICAL LABOR is the easiest way to get into it.

NO matter what chemicals one uses, cleaning headlights is one of the lowest cost ENTRY levels into it. 50 bux at Walmart, and in your lingo, WHALA, one is in business in an hour.

Very little NEW under the sun Don, as you well know.

Since I wrote the Chattel Report over 15 years ago, there have been scores of books, reports and articles written about it...buying and selling.

And where did I get the idea to WRITE ABOUT IT? From a guy named Dean F. V. DuVall, perhaps you remember him.

But I wrote about it based on my 30 years of DOING it Don.

I want information from the horse's mouth, not from some IDEA guy.

But, to each their own.

Gordon Alexander

Last edited by GordonJ : June 30, 2012 at 01:11 PM.