SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 22, 2011, 12:07 AM
Adman

Default $4,000 A WEEK!

I just finished my 2nd "Coffee Mug" program and it "Rocks!"

In ALLLLLLL my years of selling....I've NEVER had anything that was so easy to sell AND....for GOOD money!

How's 4Grand a week....Cash In Fist!

Some years ago I put ONE-Color Ads (4 across and 2 down) on restaurant Coffee Mugs. I gave them to restaurants, no charge. Charged advertisers $365 ($1 a day for a year)

Ads were hard to see....so....renewals were nil.

However....one ad project I've been doing for last few yrs was providing FREE Menus in FULL Color to restaurants.

I was sitting at one of the restaurants...looking at the Menu I had just updated and a thought struck me;
"My Ads were ONLY Seen when diners are deciding what to eat....they then hand the Menu BACK to the waitress and....there go my ads....never to be seen until the next diners come in. I remembered my ONE-Color ads on the Coffee Mugs.....then...as I was looking at my BEAUTIFUL....FULL Color Ads on the pages of the Menu I had just updated.....I thought; Why don't I put my FULL Color Ads ON THE COFFEE MUGS....WHERE THEY'D BE SEEN DURING THE ENTIRE MEAL?"

WHALA! BINGO-BANGO-BONGO! I HAD JUST HIT THE MOTHER-LODE!

So....I dashed back to my office....made up a Label with my FULL Color Ads... printed it out....cut it to size and wrapped it around a Mug.

Dashed back to the restaurant and asked the owner if I could provide her with FREE Coffee Mugs.

She HAPPILY agreed. I then went to some of the advertisers on the Menu and asked them if they'd like to be SEEN....DURING THE ENTIRE MEAL...IN FULL COLOR! Quoted my price ($10 a week...$520 a year + $30 one-time setup = $550) and.....8 out of 14 gave me the OK!

$550 x 8 = $4400

Now....I had to find a supplier. Googled and found 3 that could make what I wanted.

Went to another restaurant where I had provided FREE Menus with my FULL Color Ads on the pages. Got the owners OK to provide him with FREE Mugs. Went to the advertisers and ....8 agreed to pay $550....another $4400.

So....my costs being about $400 per restaurant (I'm an ASI Member and get great discounts)....I KNOW what I'm going to be doing for awhile.

I've attached a Photo of the ONE-Color Mugs and a FULL Color Mug. The difference is AMAZING! "FULL Color SELLS!"

So....taking just an idea....making up a sample....visiting some business people and WHALA....a Barn-Burner!

GREAT Money-Making Ideas are ALL Around

Don Alm....STILL at "it"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2Samples.jpg (20.8 KB, 107 views)