Go to the Main Business Forum page

This hotel is for unsatisfied bookaholics (like myself)... [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This hotel is for unsatisfied bookaholics (like myself)...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

GordonJ
January 18, 2022, 07:32 PM
He was talking to his accountant, apparently, and he referred him to somebody, who told him he should talk to me. So he called, told him I wasn't interested and he got so irked, he made me an offer I could not refuse.

Short term. Unless I get involved, and depending, probably won't. But he made a lot of money with a company he sold, then in RE, then in stocks...and now wants land. Which is hard to come by close to the city.

He has been involved with buying GOLF courses, and developing them. And there are a few in the region which could be on market.

Anyhow, it is nice for the ego to have them call, and nicer still they throw money just for THINKING, for ideas. I always wanted to be an idea Entrepreneur, maybe I'll pusue it.

My take on land, is MINIMAL destruction, don't need no more big yellow taxis, where they tear down paradise and put up a parking lot.

Tiny home community, and it could fall under mobile home park, or RV park, if he doesn't want to develop it too much. The other idea guy, prefers he builds a big warehouse, like for Amazon, but really big, so it could house many businesses.

I guess it depends.

Gordon

PS. Hey, I'll tell him I know this Aussie Consultant, he must hire.

Hi Gordon,

Wow, sounds like an exciting project!

Of course, you and I are creators... But I also find it exciting to work (such as in consulting) with others who are creators too...

I was reading an article, about why consulting is a good gig...

One of the reasons is because you're always learning!

I've found that to be true!

Unlike the case of being stuck in a "dead-end" job...

Plus, as a consultant, you always have the luxury of "firing" your clients, if they prove to be too much of a pain...

(Though I don't think I've ever done this yet, it's always nice to know you have the option...!)

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page