Go to the Main Business Forum page

"Perceived Value?" [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "Perceived Value?"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

John Palma
February 21, 2003, 07:21 PM
I just got in an email from one of the marketing folks, and it is similar to many that I get on a daily basis.

Here it is...then I will make a comment.

"Perceived Value - The Art of Making Your Product Look Like It's Worth 20 Times What You Are Charging For It"

Here's another technique that is perfect for Internet marketing.

Increasing the perceived value is easily done by simply adding bonuses that cost you little or nothing to add and create a 'package deal'!

Let's say you are selling a book on getting to the top of search engines....

You could add 2 or 3 web marketing reports you found as bonuses. You could add some free software you discovered that made your job 100 times easier, you could add this e-book you're reading now and so on.

Write down every benefit the reader will get from theses bonuses and make a bulleted list of them!

This can make your $29.95 book seem like it's worth $229.95!

Look for things that can go along with your product as bonuses but yet cost you very little to produce. With a little effort you can easily make your current product seem like it's worth 20 times what you are charging for it.

It will actually be worth more than you are charging if you put some good bonuses together. And that's great - it cost you nothing extra and will blow your sales through the roof. Everybody wins.

I am probably old fashioned, but I just had to get this off my chest.

I feel the concept of "perceived value" is being overdone.

What happened to actually giving real value versus "perceived" value.

It seems that in the end, people will (or maybe they already have) become so "innoculated" to sales pitches, because like advertising, it just isn't trusted by the majority of folks anymore.

Maybe I'm not "getting it".

Oh well...

I feel better now.

Regards,
John Palma

Latest February Newsletter Now Available - FREE (http://www.LasVegasBusinessSecretsExposed.com)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page