Go to the Main Business Forum page

Snakes, spiders and mice. OH My. The power of words and the states of mind... [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Snakes, spiders and mice. OH My. The power of words and the states of mind...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Dien Rice
April 30, 2007, 10:37 AM
Hi Gordon!

He said, "Jay, here’s what you do; offer the ladies any one flower bouquet for a nickel or let them have their choice for a dime and when they ask you why they should pay you for something they get for free, simply tell them they can just be careful of the snakes, spiders and mice in the field."

I thought he was nuts.

What 9 year old boy would think that his toys would be so powerful.

Frogs, spiders, snakes and mice were ½ of our day of FUN. My little red radio flyer wagon almost always had at least one of those playthings in it.

So in the next 20 minutes I sold almost a dozen bouquets of flowers. It was surreal. I hit the mother lode. Silver dimes sparkled in my dirty little hands.

It was a very valuable lesson. Snakes, spiders and mice… OH MY.

The 3 secret words to get women to part with hard cash.
What a great story (and lesson!)

For one thing, "snakes, spiders and mice" overcame their objections - which of course is very important! (The objection of the lady was, "Why can't I just go pick the flowers myself for free?")

In print or on the web, of course, you have to anticipate people's objections - because you're not there (when they're reading your sales letter) to tell you want their objections are! So you gotta anticipate and answer all those objections too...

Thanks Gordon! :)

PART TWO. In 1966 I went to the dentist at the corner of Fourth Street and Portage Trail where the wonderful Fran Renner, a founding member of the Association to Advance Ethical Hypnosis, introduced me to hypnosis. She saw me pacing in the hall, sweating bullets, and she offered her help and it was my first experience with hypnosis. It worked.

She loaned me her wonderful collection of works, including some great Erikson stuff and Cuyahoga Falls High School became my personal laboratory…and in particular a couple of young ladies, Linda and Janet. he…he.

You got my attention! What happened with Linda and Janet? :)

Dien
(Waiting with anticipation!)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page