Go to the Main Business Forum page

Snakes, spiders and mice. OH My. The power of words and the states of mind... [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Snakes, spiders and mice. OH My. The power of words and the states of mind...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Dien Rice
April 30, 2007, 09:08 PM
Anyhow...in PRINT you have to get their attention. In fact, here is a formula I learned that is used by THREE major marketing companies to teach their junior copywriters. Get this and your copy skills improve dramatically.

STOP and grab a pen and a blank piece of paper, your life is about to change:

Write this out in your own handwriting and tape it to your monitor. READ it at least 3 times before you ever begin to write anything that you want to influence others:

"Regardless of the glory of your writing, in marketing it is all meaningless to people who have paid NO attention to it. Always remember: PEOPLE DO NOT READ PRINT ADS or Brochures unless it holds some INTEREST to them.

You've got to do EVERTHING in your power to INTEREST them, not just with your headline or attention grabber, but your copy must keep them interested all the way until they purchase.

What are people interested in?
1- THEMSELVES.
2- How your offering benefits them.
3- The importance of the benefits.
4- Not being ripped off.
5- Why they should buy RIGHT NOW.

Your job is to simply address these 5 areas."

That is about a 100 million dollar course in copywriting right there. And I'll even make it more valuable with this;
Wow Gordon, that's Copywriting gold... Thanks!

Financial freedom comes from tapping into an existing market. Making any money at all for that matter.

That's very valuable too - as anyone who knows something about marketing will realize if they ever attend an "inventors' society" meeting!

You'll see and hear about lots of inventions... That nobody would ever want to buy. Too many "inventors" are preoccupied with what seems "cool" (to them) rather than with tapping into an existing market....

and Dien, that brings me back to Linda and Janet...and the key to it all is a SATISFYING resolution ;)

to a PROBLEM they didn't even know existed until I gazed deep into their eyes and they saw the moon (or was that just a reflection of my Timex pocket watch I picked up at the junk store cause I thought every hypnotist should have one...HA!)

Thanks Gordon... But you still haven't satisfied my curiosity... What happened? :)

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page