Go to the Main Business Forum page

The Impact of Globalization [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Impact of Globalization

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

SteveSki
May 9, 2007, 06:25 AM
Hi Chuck, You write well. The best part is where you said… The reality of globalization is that "Dumb people are a dime a dozen."

I would also tell them that there are over 4 Billion People on the planet today who earn less than $2 per hour. Those people are hungry. That hunger will drive them to learn more so they can earn more. That hunger will push them to do work that you consider beneath you. They will work their way up the economic ladder because they are hungry and have a burning desire to escape to a better life. That hunger makes them willing to study, learn and work harder for less pay than you will and if you don’t pay attention they are going to slowly but surely make themselves so valuable to potential employers that you won’t even be able to get a job picking tomatoes.

I would tell them that life is hard and it’s even harder if you are stupid. I would tell them if they goof off now the world will boss them around for the rest of their lives. But if they discipline themselves now to be the best that they can be they can be boss.

But by disciplined I don’t mean... go to school just for the sake of getting a degree. There is nothing wrong with driving a truck or changing bedpans if that’s what one chooses to do.

Michael Ross made a valid point.. “ The world is Full of Super Successful people who had little schooling - such as Ford, et al. With Job Security a myth, that should Also be told to those students. That the Truth is, students will likely be changing jobs 3 or 4 times a year, yearly or every few years. Seems pointless to spend all that time and money to get a degree which won't give you all the things you thought it would, and better to invest your time and money in other areas."

I agree. But Ford was smart, he learned and moved fast and became a boss over many others. Not everyone can be as smart as Ford no matter how hard they try. Some people will remain losers because they are not as bright as others and lack the will to develop good habits. The habits that will make them or break them.

Wouldn’t you rather be like Ford or do you prefer to forever be ordered around by a boss?

Right now, you are soft, lazy and stupid if you think you can get by on minimal efforts.

Do you think Ford took it easy? No way… he was smart and worked his tail off.

The more you sweat in the Dojo… The less you will bleed on the streets.

Take it easy now and life is getting to kick you hard.

In the future it won’t be the strongest or even the smartest that do the best.

It will be those who have developed the ability to learn and move the quickest.

As technology changes you need to adapt. If you can’t adapt fast enough because you choose to remain soft, lazy and dumb you will go the way the dinosaurs did and it won’t be very pleasant for you.

Every day somewhere in Africa a lion wakes up. And that lion knows that he is going to have to get up and run faster than the antelopes if he wants to eat. At the same time the Antelope wake up and they know they have to run faster than the lions or else. It doesn’t matter who you are. If you don’t get up off your duff and move like your life depends on it – one day you’ll be in for a very rude awakening and by then somebody else will eat you alive and own your hide.

Sorry but it is a fact that people are more motivated by fear of loss than anything else. As long as the kids feel safe and comfortable they will just take it easy except for a few smart go getters.

Keep up the good work Chuck. I think you have a lot of empathy for people. That is a good thing for evil arises out of an inability to feel empathy. To look from another’s perspective and feel their plight. If one has an inability to feel empathy for others they are quick to assume they are smarter and better than others and they think that gives them license to pass judgment.

Cheers,

:)Steve Shulenski
www.MaverickPhotographer.com
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r85/PetPhotoBiz/PetPhotos/Photography.gif

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page