Go to the Main Business Forum page

Local Feedback site for Local Businesses? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Local Feedback site for Local Businesses?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jason Hatchett
August 25, 2007, 10:40 AM
Has anyone thought about putting together a local site for local businesses (Just like eBay has) where people can post comments and leave feedback about their experience with the local businesses they buy from, both good & bad?

I know auto dealers are notorious for taking advantage of people and I hear about some of the slick things they do because I know a lot of salesman. They tell me how they screwed someone or really got the best of them. It really makes me mad but since I provide services to them it’s hard to do anything about it. But if there was a site where people could read about the experiences others have had with a particular business, it would seem to provide some sort of accountability.

I know the BBB does this sort of thing but it cost’s the businesses a nice chunk of money. This would be provided by the people.

Just an idea that’s been weighing on my heart for some time now. Enough people leaving bad feedback for a business would seem to affect their sales and maybe they would change their business practice.

Thank You,
Jason Hatchett

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page