Go to the Main Business Forum page

General: LESSON #1 SQ1: How to Make $100,000.00 (or Extra 100) this year. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : General: LESSON #1 SQ1: How to Make $100,000.00 (or Extra 100) this year.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Gordon Alexander
July 31, 2000, 08:46 AM
This forum is going to be different from a lot of the forums. As if you didn't already know that.

And remember, we AIN'T open yet either.

Dien and I are testing. Getting our toes wet before we take the plunge on Sept. 1.

But I want to get started on the SQUARE ONE WORKSHOPS posts. Let you see. Let you PARTICIPATE.

Today I'm going to teach you how to use the POA, the Pyramid of Accomplishmet (aka the Progression of Activity)...

I've set a goal for you. The goal is to either make $100,000.00 in a year, or to make an EXTRA 100k...

Many people who come here already make the 100+

they do just fine, thank you very much. Many others DON'T.

So the goal is to either reach 100 thousand, or to ADD a hundred thousand to your current income.

HOW? Don't worry about that just yet. And FYI, when I say this year, I'm talking about the year from the time YOU start...not a numeric year, like 2000...

I'm speaking of 365 days as "this" year. When you start, then the year begins.

Grab a blank piece of paper from your printer.

You are going to create your own POA. I prefer to make my Pictogrigms in a Landscape format, meaning the 8.5" X 11" paper is laying in front of me with the 11" on the bottom.

But it doesn't matter. You do it however you want, that is the beauty of SQ1: PERSONALIZATION.

Here is another look at the POA:

Take a look at it.

Now you are going to make your own.

Put your LIFELINE about 3/4 of the way up...now it doesn't have to be exact. You just want to have lots of room below the lifeline to fill in the POA

Below is DIAGRIGM OF LIFE. You will note that on the lifeline is the little triangle that represents the tip of the POA. It is one of the 3 realms we travel through.

What we DO. What we HAVE. What we THINK.

The POA is a TOOL that helps us set and ACHIEVE goals.

That is what we are doing today. Setting a goal.

Now, I've selected 100 thousand dollars for you. But feel free to change it. Make it whatever you want and BELIEVE you can accomplish in one year.

For the example, I'll stick with 100 thousand dollars.

On the piece of paper make a large triangle, or pyramid, just as you see above.

Make it just pop up above your life line. Put youself on the lifeline represented by a stick figure to the LEFT of the small triangle.

Are you with me?

See, on the Diagrigm of Life, we travel from our birth to our death. From left to right.

So we design our tools to mirror this. The POA is a tool, only one of several, we will teach people to use.

And I'm going to talk to you as if you were in training to become a SQ1 INSTRUCTOR, some of you are.

You should have your POA drawn. You should have a stick figure on the lifeline, to the left of the POA.

Now write $100,000.00 ABOVE the POA. Then write it again at the BASE in the Middle. The beginning and the end is the same thing.

This is the great secret of accomplishment, that is setting a goal, and having it in such experiential detail, knowing EXACTLY and SPECIFICALLY what you want...

And I'll explain the WHY as we go along. But today, let's get the POA done, OK?

The space between the stick figure and the tip of the POA represents TIME, in this case one year. Write ONE YEAR in this space and also on the bottom and make a dotted line along the outside of the POA like you see above.

This represents the SMALL chunks of Activity you are going to have to DO to manifest your goal.

It is a broken line, because we achieve in small efforts that ACCUMLUATE. The power of cumulative effort is similar to the power of compounded interest in finaces. You will learn that the Mental or thought realm has a physical counterpart in the solid or material world.

You now have your GOAL above the POA and in the middle at the base.

You have a time line, a DEADLINE for reaching this goal.

Note, you don't have a plan YET, that comes after this part.

The first thing you must do, the first ACTIVITY the first ACTION STEP is to

GO TO BELIEF...

And you will see EXIT ONE on the POA comes before you even get to BELIEF.

This explains why so many people START a project, yet quit very quickly into it. How about an example.

I had the privledge and pleasure watching the Late Joe Victor build his AMWAY business to the point where he became a multi-millionaire. His son Jody is also a multi-millionaire from AMWAY.

Every year thousands of people will join some MLM or attempt to do a business or money making venture.

The first that happens is when they tell people and that BLAST of ARTIC air comes rushing in, in the form of:

"YOU Can't do that".

"Why are you WASTING you time with that."

"YOU got sucked into that?"

And a 1001 variations.

This comes from LOVED ones, friends, and family.

So what happens is DOUBT. Look on the POL and see the circle of mind/body and you see that what effects one, effects the other.

So a person has doubt. They DON'T believe they can do it. They CAN'T do it because they have allowed this negativity to enter their mind, and thus effect their body (or activity).

The first step to ACCOMPLISHMENT, is to believe that you can.

If you have never made 100 grand a year before, and you are an Average American at the 26 thousand level, what happens?

You CAN'T go to belief. You have no experience. You have doubt.

The Gordon Alexander Triad of Life goes:

Doubt is the shadow of our fear.
Confidence is the result of our experience.

Action is the revelation of our faith.

So if you can't BELIEVE you can make 100k in a year, you CAN'T. NOW you can see the physical and psychological REASONS for this on the POL.

I'm telling you folks, these SIMPLE child like drawings are very powerful tools once you Master them.

Some people visiting this forum and sowpub, like Jim Straw and Melvin Powers, they have NO DOUBT they can make an EXTRA 100,000 dollars.

Their confidence is based upon their EXPERIENCES.

But if you have never done it, and have doubt about doing it, friend you are DOOMED from the start.

So the first chance at quitting, at giving up on your goal or dream occurs because you can't even believe you can do it.

But what if you can get to belief?

What if you say, "OK, Gordon I believe I can make 100 thousand dollars, if you show me how."

I'd say great. Let's get started.

Look on the POL. How do you get to belief? You will find belief in the upper left part of the page, it is an extension of THOUGHT.

It is both stimuli and brain activity. Functional excitement. Belief (faith) is a state of mind.

Is this starting to come together a little bit?

HONEST, it ain't rocket science, and once you get the hang of using the Pictogrigms, you will be amazed at how simple these tools work for you.

And that is what SQUARE ONE WORKSHOPS is, it's a tool. Nothing more. Nothing mystical or magical. Just simple tools to help explain things.

Back to the 100K POA, OK?

Oh, by the way, I've just decided that I'm NOW an "official sponsor" of

FUN.

Maybe I'll offer certification in that too...HA!

If you can get to belief, and there will more on that in LESSON TWO, then you can CENTER YOUR THOUGHTS (FOCUS) on the goal and come up with a PLAN.

See, you have to have a plan. You have a goal, 100 thousand dollars. Now how are you going to get it...

We'll work on the PLAN in LESSON TWO...

in the meantime, print out this and make your own POA. I like to use crayons when I do it,

after all,

I art as a child,

Gordon (don't want to overload you) Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page