Go to the Main Business Forum page

Will it be a LONG hot summer with power outages? [Archive] - Page 14 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Will it be a LONG hot summer with power outages?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Ankesh
May 26, 2008, 05:57 AM
Humans and the carbon dioxide they put out (CO2 which amounts to like 0.06% of the atmosphere) are changing the climate on the entire plant, while ignoring the biggest temperature regulators we have (the ocean and the sun) and ignoring all past temperature fluctuation when humans were not present on this ball of mud, then we are a Lo-o-o-o-ong long way off from anything of use.

Michael - have you watched Al Gore's movie - An Inconvenient Truth?

If you've seen it - what did you think of it?

I think he showed a slide that showed the rise in CO2 - without ignoring the historical fluctuations - but I'm not sure on my memory as I had seen the movie quite some time back...

I think they measured historical CO2 values by digging into the snow that was created thousands of years ago in Antarctica and evaluating the CO2 content in each layer of snow.

Each layer of snow gave the age of the snow and the CO2 content during that era.

And compared to past few thousand years, the CO2 today is at an all time high.

I'm not too sure how biased / unbiased that research was though. Haven't dug in deep in this topic at all.
--

I kind of have faith in Scott Adam's insight:

"Any doom that can be predicted won't happen." - Scott Adams

:p

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page