Go to the Main Business Forum page

OT: CERN Collider...cause for concern? [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OT: CERN Collider...cause for concern?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

MichaelRoss
September 7, 2008, 03:49 PM
Sandi,

Thanks for wondering.

While the doomsdayers reckon it'll either result in a black hole in the Earth (in which case we'll all be sucked in in a nano second and won't know a thing about it) - or - the planet will be turned into a floating mass of gray goo (as opposed to say, brown goo or brown/green camo color goo)... I wonder what the purpose of Large Hadron Collider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider) is.

So, they want to smash a couple of particles together. And?

It May or May Not tell them something about some Big Bang Theory. Yeah, and what of it?

Will it help me put out the trash? Will it wash my car? Do my laundry? Pay my taxes? Stop Alcoholism? Drug addiction?

Frankly, I couldn't care less about Where this universe comes from. Whether we arrived from a Big Bang, have come out from the bottom end of a funnel somewhere (where'd the funnel come from), have always been and just yo yo in and out at random cycles like the Sun's intensity warming the earth and other plants in the Solar system, or we are just some small particle on a blade of grass in some giant's backyard. I don't care. And knowing which, won't change anything.

Might be kind of Cool to know. But spending Billions to find out something which won't mean a lick of beans, seems pointless to me.

Either way, They (CERN) will do as they please. There is too much money tied up in it by too many with vested interests to stop it. Do as I do, switch off the news and go about your life. You'll quickly discover how unimportant the News is and how your life goes on regardless of the myriad of hobgoblins presented daily.

Will something happen?

Who knows, for sure.

But when Brittany ain't in the new and it doesn't look like Russia and Georgia will be WWIII after all, something else needs talking about. Might as well be the end of the world, right. HA!

Michael Ross

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page