Go to the Main Business Forum page

The HEAD TILT - Something Fun & Profitable Obama is Doing [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The HEAD TILT - Something Fun & Profitable Obama is Doing

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

GordonJ
March 13, 2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks Glenn,

The tilt proves the Old masters knew a thing or two. Back in the 60s I was taught 5 physical head/body moves:

The Push.
The Pull.
The Query. (Your head tilt).
The Mirror.
The Blank Stare.

Each had a few nuances, but those were the basic moves of Salesmanship face-to-face.

I don't have time to go into each of them, they were used at different times during the sales presentation. The Query was (and IS) a powerful rapport/signal sent between people...but a caution must be issued.

And if you WANT, you can go to any downtown bus stop in America to test this yourself...it can be mis-construed as a CHALLENGE.

You better wear a smile if you tilt your head toward certain people, they might react with a gun or knife to your "dis" or assault. It takes a LOOK to get somepeople fired up, those with a disposition to be aggressive to begin with.

But more on ANCIENT salesmanship and NLP, and Face Reading, and modern so-called strategies of communication/influence.

The lingo has changed, people have found they can earn considerable bux by adapting language to suit their needs of selling stuff to make a profit.

But the basics are the same as they have always been, and today, people may have lost some of their GUT feeling about being manipulated, but the uneasiness is still there for most of us.

Just make sure you don't make the wrong "customer" queezy with your tilt and gaze methods.

It seems that today's gurus of persuasion are always offering up some NEW way to manipulate and manage people and to get "into their heads"...for their own purposes. Nothing wrong with that if the outcome is truly beneficial to the OBJECT of such persuasion. I feel it important to keep a keen understanding that we are dealing with PEOPLE first and foremost.

It's not that Glenn would ever use any of his powerful NLP techniques for harm, but the whole world of "seduction" and "pick up girls" market offers up one sided techniques and in my opinion they are sleezy and manipulative to the point of harm.

Later, I'll post a brief history about all things mental/psychic and psychological (although we've explored much of this in the archives).

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page