Go to the Main Business Forum page

Anyone in BOSTON? How is the FOOD SUPPLY? [Archive] - Page 5 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in BOSTON? How is the FOOD SUPPLY?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

GordonJ
February 4, 2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks Donnie,

I noticed that both the West Palm Beach and Asheville Whole Foods had some significant price increases recently.

Also, I noticed the TV ads for "freeze dried food" popped up last week, they, like the administration; "never let a crisis go to waste"....

And with pictures of Egypt turmoil and the Mid East in "Crisis", we'll probably see more of these "survival" type products. The solar power generator, freeze dried foods, and gardening equipment should spike soon.

Boston has been hit hard, and yet, no one is dying in the streets of hunger (that we know of)...

Along the "flashpoint" note...Houston is about to explode due to the release of police video brutality...only the cold weather has prevented it...

And ACTIVISM from all fronts will come full force this Spring, and with the 2012 "apocolypse" right around the corner...

good time to keep our eyes open and for us of the Entrepreneurial mode, a good time to plan for profits.

Thanks Donnie, I think your Whole Foods is going to see MASSIVE price increases as the Winter comes to an end.

Stay warm, (I'm typing this from the pool, it's over 80 right now...YIKES) and start buying a little bit extra every week for a rainy day.

Gordon

Gordon,
Happy New Year 2011...
As a vegetarian in Boston I have notice food prices have increased by 50% over the past three years ! This includes a staple product Quinoa that was $1.99 a pound in 2008. And is now $3.69 a pound. Most recently... A loaf of whole wheat bread last week, at 1.06 pounds just went up from $3.50 to $4.99 in one felt swoop, all within about two weeks. The past two storms were pretty brutal on food stocks and supplies. Shopping at whole foods in Boston, I usually get in there an hour or two from opening 9-10 am, when the breads and baked goods come out the oven. After that, the store is MOBBED before a storm... Overall prices are up anywhere from 10-15% over the past few months.

Donnie D.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page