Go to the Main Business Forum page

Running your business from a cafe... [Archive] - Page 12 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Running your business from a cafe...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Dien Rice
March 12, 2015, 05:36 PM
Even though I love the idea, you really have to be able to do that. I am someone who requires a great deal of silence when I am working. I am not someone who does well when teenage girls are discussing boys loudly or when people are having conversations about their pets – I work better in solitude. But I do love the idea!
Hi,

Thanks for your comments! I agree with you... everybody is a little bit different.

It's true that what works for me, may not work for everybody. Some people need complete solitude, and really no distractions.

For example, I read that in his early days, Stephen King used to work in his laundry room! For me... that would probably drive me nuts with boredom!

I seem to work best if I have some distractions, but not too many distractions. So, for most things, working in a cafe seems to work well for me.

However, if I am working on something that requires complete attention, and where any mistake would be disastrous, in that situation, I do work best with zero distractions.

Now, if something is working well for you, then keep doing it!

Don't let anyone bulIy you into working at a cafe...! ;)

Everybody is a little bit different. :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page