Go to the Main Business Forum page

Another thing to do with snow (apart from building a snowman)! [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another thing to do with snow (apart from building a snowman)!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Dien Rice
March 6, 2017, 07:43 PM
Really? LOL
Hi Leonora,

I think it does have a good "free publicity" angle which could be used for any local business... (With the right climate!)

Sometimes, you can get ideas like that from the media!

I've successfully helped other people get free publicity... So I know how it works. Getting good free publicity can literally change a business from a money-loser to a money-maker...

I helped a friend of mine who had a restaurant, purely by using free publicity. He went from an empty restaurant, to people traveling halfway across the city to taste his food...

I wrote several media releases for him, which we sent to the local suburban papers in his area. The story was eventually picked up by one of the two metropolitan newspapers here - and he got a full page spread as well (which was a positive review of his restaurant)! The top half of the page was taken up by a big photo of my friend in his restaurant, and the bottom half was the review...

(In his case, he served a cuisine that nobody else was serving in the city... Things like that help when getting free publicity. You have to be unique in some way... And if you can't figure out a unique angle - you have to create one!)

So, free publicity ideas really can work... :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page