SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 26, 2007, 11:29 AM
James Anthony

Default Re: Web 2.0 marketing. Some food for thought. And your OPINIONS are highly encouraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MacLellan View Post
LOL, I guess you don't get it then.

Actually, Steve, I do get it, bit I'm not sure you do.

What I didn’t get was your claim of marketers “rebranding” themselves to web 2.0 - It's just not happening as far as I can see.

I haven’t been able to find an example of this and the one you emailed me with certainly didn’t fit.

What I do get is that I’m having a “Rich Internet Application” built at the moment that is all about web 2.0.

The big difference between this and the type of stuff you build is that this one is all about the user experience.

Users will be uploading audio and video and images as well as having the ability to record by phone and record by webcam and have their media instantly available to share on the site and do a lot of other things with.

This is where the web 2.0 concepts and technologies play a big part.

The example you gave me about this marketer having no knowledge of some simple concepts back in 2003 made no sense to me. That was 4 years ago!

I didn’t even hear the term “web 2.0” until a couple of months ago but that has been enough time to study and totally understand it.

I can’t understand where you think it’s not for real.

It has nothing to do with the way people market things which seems to be what you are focused on here.

It’s about building webapps that work and that users are wanting.

Jim