SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 26, 2007, 05:29 PM
Mark Worthen

Default Re: Comments on RJ's playboy club get together?

Thank you Sandi. I was beginning to think I was caught in a time warp until I found your post and the resulting discussion.

I had made a blog post on this subject a couple of days ago titled, "Why Are These Guys Associating Themselves with The Sexist Homophobic Rich Jerk?"

I started a thread on a relatively new Internet marketing forum called "ForumKnowHow". I anticipated that some members of that forum would disagree with what I said (click here to read my blog post) but I had no idea that every single member who responded disagreed with me, accused me of imposing my moral views on others, of being "politically correct," of not understanding a good marketing plan, of being opposed to free speech, etc., etc.

The owner of the forum, Robert Puddy, threatened to "lock" the thread because he said it was a "pointless" discussion. After I responded to some of the posts I agreed that if I kept debating back and forth with them that it probably wouldn't serve much purpose--since it was clear we disagreed and weren't going to change each others' minds. However, I said that I hoped he didn't lock down the thread because it had only been up for half a day and other members might have some unique perspectives and insights that we might all learn from.

I went to bed thinking, "there's got to be some women and enlightened men who belong to this forum who will post tomorrow." Oh, I forgot to mention that all the people who posted were men. After getting my daughter some breakfast and ready for summer camp I checked my email. I had received some notices of comments on the thread I had started, I clicked the link to see what other members had said, and then received a message that read, "that thread does not exist."

The owner had deleted the entire thread.

Rather ironic that with all the talk about the Rich Jerk's "right to free speech" that the thread was censored, don't you think?

So it was like a breath of fresh air to find this forum. Thank you for taking the initiative and to all those who responded.

All the Best,

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi Bowman View Post
Just wondering if anyone else, male or female, is having some questions raised about the latest from the 'Rich Jerk'? Seems like he's hosting a bachelor type marketing party via the Playboy Club.

Despite being 'invited' several times, I ask you: what woman in her right mind would even consider putting herself in such a situation, assuming it was 'allowed' unless she was bunny type herself? Get real, folks!

This is no more a marketing get together (despite the list of attendees) than it is a kids birthday party...but you can bet our taxes will be increased to pay for all the 'business write-offs' as a result of it.

I most strenuously object to such obvious sexism...charity or not. Just a variation on the 'old boys club' that women who wanted to conduct business had to fight against for years.

I know boys will be boys and that's okay in its place. IMHO it has no place in business.

Sandi Bowman

Last edited by Mark Worthen : June 26, 2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: fix typos and unclear sentence structure