SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 18, 2008, 08:16 PM
fainandjanet

Default Go to the squirrel, thou sluggard

Just kidding. I don't think you are a sluggard. All the same, the squirrel does have a mighty lesson for you. Here is the story.

When my family and I moved from California to Washington, we had to wait some time before we finally got trash bins. When we finally got them they were brand spanking, shiny new. The newest trash bins, in fact, that I have ever owned.
Well, the first time that I took them out, I was as proud as can be. Rolling my shiny new trash bins down to the street. It was exhilarating. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea.

The next week that I rolled my shiny new trash bins out to the street, I noticed some tiny scratches on the corners of the trash bin where the lid is hinged to the bin itself. I just noticed them in passing, and paid no attention to it.

The following week when I took my trash bins down to the street, I noticed the scratches again, only this time they seemed to be a little more pronounced. I gave a little bit of notice this time, but just figured that they had gotten scratched somehow in the delivery process. No big deal.

The next week, not only were their scratches, but there were tiny holes right in the corners of the trash bin. This captured my attention. I did a thorough examination of the trash bins at this point.

After examining them, I came to be decision that the scratches were indeed made during the transportation of the bins, but I had just not noticed them before.

The following week, the holes were even bigger. At this point in time they were big enough for me to stick my fingers into. Now, I knew for a fact that they were not that big before, and so I realized that something else was making the holes. But I did not know what.

The following week the holes had gotten to be about 3 inches in diameter. Not only that, but one of the hinges had been bitten all the way through so that my trash can was only hinged on one side. So much for my shiny new trash receptacles.

It was at this point that the holes did not get any bigger. That was it. That was the extent of the damage done to my trash cans. And it is a good thing to, because sooner or later they would have been completely devoured if what ever it was that was chewing on them did not quit.

From that time until now, hardly a day goes by when I don't walk out to the side of the house and hear a rat-a-tat-tat-rumble-rumble and see one of our squirrels come flying out of the trash bin at 50 miles an hour and scurry up the nearest tree to peer down at me from its heights.

So What's The Point

This is a story that you need to hear!?! YES!! And here is the point: If our squirrels (whom we now call Botho, who has a little notch out of his right ear; Douglas, who has a little notch out of his left ear; and Professor Squirrel, who has one little notch out of both his right and his left ears) had not absolutely and positively decided, with all of their hearts, to campaign their assault on our trash bins AND NOT QUIT UNTIL THE JOB WAS DONE, then I have absolutely no doubt that they would've quit within the first couple weeks.
But somehow they knew without a shadow of a doubt that there was a scrumpdidleyumptious smorgasbord of good things awaiting them if only they would persist and devour.

They could very easily have decided that some other garbage can in some other neighborhood would've been a lot less effort and simply aborted their mission with ours and took on an easier mission. But their efforts have provided them with tons of great food -- consistently, and easily accessible.

And that is the valuable lesson that you need to absolutely, positively take hold of and not let go no matter what. When you begin the set up of some online business system, do not quit until you have accomplished your goal.

There are two primary reasons why people fail to make money online.

Reason #1 is this: They never take action in the first place.
Reason #2 is this: They do not continue to work a specific system for the time necessary to develop the momentum they need to get over the hump that ultimately leads to abundant success in any online venture.

Then they ultimately quit

Go to the squirrel and learn her lesson. The greatest temptation for most people who try and make money online is the temptation to try out something for several weeks or several months, and then when that does not prove fruitful, discard the work that they have done in that system and move on to another one.

It's very easy to see how this cycle is perpetuated. And if you wind up in this cycle you will not succeed at any online moneymaking venture. That is all there is to it.

And if you are one of those people who have in the past tried several things, to no avail, then I want to urge and challenge you to work on one income stream for however long it takes to accomplish your goal. If you do this I can guarantee that you will ultimately succeed and begin to generate boundless income.

Don't Quit!!! Ever!!!

Fain