SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 29, 2012, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Default YOU and Dan Kennedy...who told Pete this was his favorite GTP ad

Funniest thing I read at GTP was a letter from a woman who believed that Mary was strangling an owl...

HA!

This ad, along with several versions of What is this Woman/Man doing sold millions of dollars of books.

As a matter of fact, it was one of Bud's best efforts.

Compare this ad to those in Money Making Opportunities or Entrepreneur, the ones which don't tell you what they are with...

the ones that do, like PACE Products, whose ads have run for decades, or SMC, the ads which tell you what you will be doing...like Lil Orbit donuts or badge a minit...

YOU get what you have to do to make the money...

Back in the day, MOST of these Biz-Ops were blind, and people like the M.O.R.E. people, made fortunes from their less than stellar reports they mailed out.
They, were in the print days, the equivalent (in my opinion) of the Syndicate today in IM.

Anyhow, now you know what I was referring to, but, I'll have much more in my report...and thanks for reminding me of GTP, don't see any good reason why I can't cash in on my time spent there, eh?

If you remember, I was working on a complete library of ads, and accessed all the information, when and where the ads were placed, their costs, how they pulled, the tests that Bud ran on each ad...that surely has some value to a few people...as does the year I spent going through the Ben Suarez/SCI ads in his Seed World room, results of 25 years of testing and the results.

Probably will make that a back end to the BLIND AD report, ya think?

Gordon

PS. Same ad from DuVall, although, if memory serves, the headline

$100,000.00 in 90 Days

was the control and out pulled this ad and Dean D. too, was an avid TESTER of headlines.

PPS. The Karbo is one of the top 10 ads ever written, IMO, and one thing, perhaps irony, is that when I was talking to Joe, he had not yet hooked up with Harvey Brody to have his list managed, in fact, I believe he later confessed he was tossing out the names...good thing Joe attended the Harvey Brody seminar, he, like Jay Abraham, Ben Suarez, Gary Halbert, Joe Sugarman, et al, learned a thing or two from Harvey, wouldn't you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Ah... now I get what you mean!

The danger is - you fear that what you'll get will be "crap"... That's because you don't quite know precisely what you're getting...

But - if there's a money-back guarantee - that should probably help overcome the fear...

I gotta say... there is one "blind ad" I can think of which I'm actually a big fan of... That's this one (and the series of similar ads)...

Bud Weckesser was a copywriting genius... I just love the picture of Mrs. Weckesser in the ads... What is she doing????!!!

And here's another famous one (though I don't like it as much as Bud Weckesser's)... "The Lazy Man's Way To Riches"

http://www.theryanmcgrath.com/Joe_Karbo_Ad1.jpg

(From here...)

And here's the Dean Du Vall ad you mentioned (link to the large sized ad is at the bottom), thanks to Lawrence Bernstein...

http://www.infomarketingblog.com/whe...yboy-magazine/

- Dien

Last edited by GordonJ : July 29, 2012 at 01:29 PM.