SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 11, 2016, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Default The main difference in my one day workshops vs udemy, etc., et al is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
With cake decorating the students make the cakes at home & bring it to class w/ their decorating supplies.

If you happen to already run a business the workshops could be done right there. And sell supplies / tools of course. Similar to what Home Depot does.

More for individual lessons, besides Skype, is video exchange platform. The instructor makes a vid of the lesson, student does a vid in response. Plenty of websites, especially music lessons, do it this way. Neither instructor or student is locked into a time & can be done from anywhere. You could even use YT.

To expand on that, if you have a an 8 hour workshop, that could could be broken down into 8-1hr vids. Run the workshop for 8 weeks w/ a new vid every week & personalized vid response for students. You would only need to make the workshop vids 1 time excluding any updates.

Thanks Boris, you make some good points.

What I want to emphasize is, SPEED. Fly Low quick cash.

Sure, if you want to teach, there are 1001 ways to do it online and we found out with the Headlight Cleaning Videos we could use youtube and drip them, or have them all in one place.

This is pretty SOP for teaching Online, which has made Udemy and other platforms so huge.

I've been offered a nice chunk of change for my Guerrilla videos; Spiders, Snakes and Mice, OH MY series IF I were willing to go in front of a camera and clean them up to a "professional" level... which sort of defeats the whole "guerrilla" concept. I'm not camera shy, many saw that on the SCI Professional Remote Direct Marketing Home Study Course where I did the introduction and on a few of my comedy routines too.

I basically just want to FLY LOW with these little workshops.

BUT, just because this is what I want to do, doesn't mean any of you can't take this simple little down and dirty, quick, simple and easy little money maker and turn it into something big, huge and with large business like profits.

THEN, if this is your desire, you have all the tools you need, and at that point it is more about ringing your own bell, and establishing preeminence in your field the whole "funnel" method...and all that comes with it.

This week I'll be posting my FALL classes, some tests and I'll share the results with you all here.

In the meantime, continue to post your thoughts, it is appreciated and even if I don't choose to go down any given route, doesn't mean you shouldn't or couldn't.

But I do want to say, EVERY one reading this has at least one little cash cow of a workshop in your brain, where it ain't making you any money is it? So, kick that baby out and convert it to moolah, OK?

GordonJ