SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 20, 2017, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Default 2 days, the butterflies are fluttering their wings...

unlike the REAL anxiety almost all of us felt a couple days before our submarine Patrol, these are minor by comparison.

Want to know what it is like on a sub? Get 10 people at random, of the same sex, board up your small house, and don't leave for 2 months. There you go.

OH, limit the water use, and use just the fridge and freezer you have.

This coming "patrol", and I use the term snickering, I've got my 60 days broken into 6 blocks of ten days each, I don't like weeks, too short really to use as a measuring device...

The center of my PictoGrigm has one word in it, ECLIPSE. On Jan 30, 1972 we had a full lunar eclipse, and some events of that period have generated a lot of creative ideas for me, so this is my primary writing objective.

But the sheet looks a little like a solar system with ECLIPSE being the sun in the center and other planetary IDEAS circling it, including the small moon of the apprentice program.

See, I use the SQ1 on a daily basis as a tool to keep me focused, make sure I don't drift too far out in space, and it seems to work pretty well.

Back on the Sub, once I had qualified and earned my dolphins, I took books and USAFI courses with me, and usually spent a lot of my free time studying, listening to cassettes or reading books, when I wasn't practicing my ASTRAL PROJECTION.

In port, I took classes at U of Hawaii, including Marine Biology, Celestial Navigation, Hawaiian Folklore and went to the Aikido studio most days to practice my "bastart" martial art.

For you writers:

What sort of schedule do you use? I write every day, and have for over 50 years. It becomes a habit,

much like selling, marketing or pretty much a life...do you control and set your habits?

The 4 months in the apprentice program is really all about getting YOU into a habit
of DOING

activities...

which automatically take you toward your goal, one step, one rung at a time by cementing your daily HABITS into the most effective form FOR YOU, they can be in.

Gordon