SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 5, 2021, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Default Problem solving vs creating.

Thanks Dien, we had a good discussion on Fritz here, and like so much of our archives, it is one of things we should revisit on a regular basis.

I love Fritz. A simplistic take is: it is better to change our structure than our behavior. Like a big mall, with many stores and options you are limited by the building. Most people who go to a mall may have a routine, a certain behavior they follow.

And most of self help is about changing behavior.

But what if you could change the mall? This may be a terrible example, but Fritz gets very detailed, with the process and when you CREATE the right structure, it really is a path of least resistant.

At this time, I guess I owe the world an apology. A mea culpa.

For not publishing and explaining the Square One Workshops better.

For not showing how to use the Pyramid of Accomplishment (aka Plan of Action) and the 7 exits to create that path.

For not showing and demonstrating how to use the lifeline with all the rings of the circus or five lanes of the highway to get to those life checkpoints we often call goals.

So, maybe instead of answering questions this month, I'll do something with it. You will see a lot of Fritz there, as well as Hill, and others.

In Fritz' POLR, chapter 15 is about momentum, I used the POA, to show the closer to the goal how time accelerates, how the process speeds up, and the 7 exits represent the small victories of assimilation.

Should I re introduce the SQ1? Make it a product? A membership? A group?

Maybe a video?

Just thinking that maybe, I owe it to the world to allow them to buy it, cause for free, it just has gotten buried and forgotten.

Just wondering?

Gordon

PS Aren't the SQ1 a perfect structure to hold Fritz in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Sometimes, it can be dang hard to "push myself" to get what I want to get done...

I suspect I'm not the only one!

t recently, I've been revisiting the lessons from "The Path of Least Resistance" by Robert Fritz...

Which seems to have helped!

In summary, he talks about creating what he calls "structural tension" - and using that to help pull you to your goal...

It's actually quite simple - yet I think it's profound...

The idea is basically...

1. Think and visualize your goal that you want to achieve.
2. Now, be conscious of your current circumstances, and how it is different from your goal!
3. The contrast between the two causes a "tension," which he calls "structural tension"
4. Make a plan to resolve the tension.

I first heard about this from Duane Adolph right here on Sowpub... Here is an early post of mine about it...

Is this the KEY to motivation?
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2474

Sometimes I learn useful stuff... and then forget it... as happened here...!

My own personal experience is that this approach is like creating a situation which "pulls" you to your goals... Rather than having put in your energy to "push" for it!

The difference with the usual visualizations people do and "structural tension" is that, to create "structural tension," you keep very aware of your current circumstances.

That can cause a discomfort between your vision and your present circumstances - which is good! That discomfort will help you move your posterior and move towards that goal!

Robert Fritz says it's the difference between "dreamers" and "creators"...

I also thought this following article was a very good overall view of the whole thing...

Structural Tension
https://www.thwink.org/soft/info/pro...alTension.html

What do you think about this... Have you tried using "structural tension?"

- Dien

Last edited by GordonJ : March 5, 2021 at 12:13 PM.